For those with the 10.1 update, leaked or official, on your Pictures or Camera app is there a "Properties " selection for pictures where you can get basic file data like a date stamp??

Right now in 10.0.9.422, there is no way to tell when a photo was taken, there is no date stamp information, at least none that I can find.

Please do advise if I am missing a step or procedure.

Thank you.

Posted via ZB10
    06-05-13 10:14 AM
    You can see the date by looking at the properties in file explorer

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 10:22 AM
    You can see the date by looking at the properties in file explorer

Posted via CB10
    Yes but that isn't a good solution because if you have say thousands of photos & you're deep in the folder, you have launch the explorer & Scroll through thousands of files to find it. And of course you wouldn't know the name or date of your photo except when & if you recognize it in the tiny icon.

You should be able to tap the side dots & read the file property.

Posted via ZB10
    chrispdm1 likes this.
    06-05-13 10:59 AM
    I agree, was able to do this on my pearl, I imagine more of that stuff should hopefully come with further OS updates
    06-05-13 11:01 AM
    Have to say, it would be nice to be able to see the exif data for pics you've taken / are on your phone.
    06-05-13 11:13 AM
    Have to say, it would be nice to be able to see the exif data for pics you've taken / are on your phone.
    EXIF would be huge. I brought it up in another post somewhere. Wish they would give the camera app more focus, so to speak; its such an important component to the total multi media experience on any device nowadays.

Posted via ZB10
    06-05-13 11:35 AM
    The properties is not there yet in the pictures app. I too have looked for it instinctively as I used to on my Bold. It's nice to see the properties right from the pictures app. But at least you can do it via file manager if you really need to. I'm on 10.1 official.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 12:16 PM
    I love reading these threads and people ask justified questions about simple functions on this camera and most fanboys just say do it in file explorer. Look I have had every berry vzw has ever had up to OS7. To not see this simple info the OP asked about is pathetic and you all know it. Not to be able to create folders for photos in the pictures app where it is the most fluid is pathetic! Berry is about being efficient, people who want to get things done! Going in and out of other frames to accomplish this is and still not have the options that so many others have is just not good for Berry as a whole. Want to gain back all the market share you have lost and are still losing then we must be honest and say these simple things must be included and that means yesterday!
    06-05-13 12:31 PM
    I don't see "Fan Boys" "Just saying to use file Explorer" as if it is the obvious answer, rather, they are letting those who want to know the only way to find the info.

I agree, it should be available straight from the camera app.

* OREO Z10 *
    agp101 likes this.
    06-05-13 12:35 PM
    Not on latest leak

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 12:55 PM
    I don't see "Fan Boys" "Just saying to use file Explorer" as if it is the obvious answer, rather, they are letting those who want to know the only way to find the info.

I agree, it should be available straight from the camera app.

look up the thread on creating folders for photos we are too complacent with doing things the hard way on this forum instead of holding Berry accountable for their obvious failure on user experience.

* OREO Z10 *
    06-05-13 12:58 PM
    I love reading these threads and people ask justified questions about simple functions on this camera and most fanboys just say do it in file explorer. Look I have had every berry vzw has ever had up to OS7. To not see this simple info the OP asked about is pathetic and you all know it. Not to be able to create folders for photos in the pictures app where it is the most fluid is pathetic! Berry is about being efficient, people who want to get things done! Going in and out of other frames to accomplish this is and still not have the options that so many others have is just not good for Berry as a whole. Want to gain back all the market share you have lost and are still losing then we must be honest and say these simple things must be included and that means yesterday!
    It sucks I can't report your post. I have no cause to do so. But that doesn't mean it wasn't completely idiotic and that it is appropriate. *sigh*.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 01:17 PM