Hello,.
    I want to know if exist any initiative?... because since the OS 2, it cant run.
    Skype.. netflix.. googlemaps.. are the 3 apps I miss...
    06-05-13 09:06 AM
    Currently doesn't support camera function, only chat. Hopefully if BB10 for PlayBook does release and it's updated to Android Runtime 4.2.2 it will address this.
    protominet likes this.
    06-05-13 09:17 AM
    Thanks for your time!..
    Actualy I download the "ultimate" version... but.. it can't start in my playbook with os 2 (also.. in the download notes says exactly the same It can't run in the new Os 2 Version).

C'mon RIM!!! give us the BB10 for playbook!!!!

06-05-13 05:38 PM
    In truth now that BlackBerry has BB10 the Playbook is obsolete and will have less and less new stuff for it.
    06-06-13 08:42 AM
    In truth now that BlackBerry has BB10 the Playbook is obsolete and will have less and less new stuff for it.
    Actually, once BB10 comes to the PlayBook, even more things will be available for it, and it will seem like a brand new device! Since that day is actually getting closer, I am pretty excited about it!
    06-06-13 10:58 AM
    If you consider a 2 year old orphaned obsolete device "brand new" then I guess you will be very happy!
    06-06-13 11:29 AM
    Here is a workaround, but you might already know about that:

http://www.playbookappcircus.com/pos...-your-playbook
    Blackman91 likes this.
    06-15-13 02:27 AM
    Actually, once BB10 comes to the PlayBook, even more things will be available for it, and it will seem like a brand new device! Since that day is actually getting closer, I am pretty excited about it!
    Than it won't be the Playbook anymore. It will be a cut down and limited tablet version of the BB10 that emulates both the Playbook and Android 2.3........ Why make new Playbook apps or games after that?
    06-15-13 09:41 AM
    Here is a workaround, but you might already know about that:

PlayBook App Circus • CIRCUS-TIP: imo.im - Skype solution for your Playbook
    The Web Site doesn't seem to allow one to sign into their Skype any longer. The app still does, but that's still text only.
    06-15-13 10:08 AM
    Which app version are you using for Skype? Would you mind posting a copy here? I've tried all versions lately and they all fail, either crashing on startup or showing an upgrade message and failing to sign in.
    06-16-13 02:21 AM
    Which app version are you using for Skype? Would you mind posting a copy here? I've tried all versions lately and they all fail, either crashing on startup or showing an upgrade message and failing to sign in.
    The one in BlackBerry World of course. Pro.
    06-17-13 06:45 PM
    Seems that after what happened yesterday, there's no chance of getting skype on the PB anymore.
    06-29-13 10:27 AM
    Seems that after what happened yesterday, there's no chance of getting skype on the PB anymore.
    I still remember those interesting people that claimed playbook already HAD Skype it was just "Buried secretly in the code and nobody was admitting it at rim".

Fanboys at their best, there. Guess blackberry just never got around to telling us that the industry's most popular video chat was available and not unveiled.

Heh.
    07-01-13 01:08 PM