Hi All!
    Maybe I'm missing a setting somewhere, but how do I get my Z10 to display when I have a voice mail message? I'm on AT&T, using leaked OS 2432. I missed 3 voice mails due to not knowing about them. No icon or led/sound notification.
    Thanks!
    Brian

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 05:11 PM
    I have the same problem, but I am on Rogers in Canada. The issue is that I have visual voice mail but that doesn't work with my carrier yet so in don't get voice messages showing in my hub. I do get a missed call alert and a text message with a transcribed message and a sound file attached. But that shows up as a text message.
    06-04-13 06:33 PM
    Similar problem with EE in the UK, get a missed call in the phone management display and get an initial voicemail indicator. Get 2 more missed calls and if they leave messages too the count does not increment, gives the impression 3 missed calls and only 1 left a message.

Minor nuisance though, am not begging for it to be fixed as there are clearly much higher priorities right now.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 11:26 PM
    Same problem in Denmark, both on official os and leaked...
    /Bob

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 11:58 PM
    The issue: the icon that indicates I have a voicemail message (looks like a little cassette tape) never appeared anywhere on the device when people left messages.

According to AT&T, this can happen if cellular data is not enabled on the device. The message indicator icon is a "data push" from the network. Cellular data is what's needed to use the web browser, MMS, and those sorts of things over the wireless network. If you're certain cellular data is enabled (Settings->Network Connections->Mobile Network->On), the other thing to check is how voicemail was provisioned for your plan. There are two flavors: basic voicemail and visual voicemail (VVM).

In my case VVM was supposed to be part of my regular talk/text plan but wasn't provisioned properly. The VVM mess up was preventing any icon from appearing when I had a message. The tech support rep re-did the provisioning for VVM, had me power cycle the device, and now the message indicator icon shows up in a few places: the "I just woke up/home screen", the Hub, and in the phone app under the All tab and the VVM tab.

Tip: when you first did your device set up you were probably prompted to set up visual voice mail. If you skipped this step, go to the phone app, then swipe down to get to the settings. Tap settings then tap visual voice mail. The setup has to be completed before you'll see the message icon even if VVM was provisioned correctly.

Basic voicemail is the term AT&T uses when you're accessing your voicemail box by pressing and holding the 1 key or by tapping the blue voice mail icon. When you listen to your messages, you listen to all of them in sequential order.

VVM is a different way to access your messages. The message indicator (the icon that looks like a cassette tape) appears next to each missed-call phone number, whether it be displayed in the Hub, the Visual Voice Mail section of the Hub, the phone-All tab or the phone-VVM tab. You can choose to listen to your messages in any order you want. If you're anywhere in the Hub, tap the phone number, then tap the play button. If you're in the phone-All or phone-VVM tab, tap the down-arrow to the right of the phone number, then tap the play button.

So all is well here - hope this helps you too.
    07-31-13 09:03 PM
    Thank you all so much! AT&T, in fact didn't have my VVM provisioned correctly.. it's working now!

Thanks again!
    Brian

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 06:00 PM