I have seen several threads about mediocre battery life etc... I have a couple of easy questions.
    1. What is a good battery monitoring app.. or rather how do I see exact battery percentage instead of bars?
    2. Any do's and don't? I heard always charging it at full is bad.. it should be removed from charger.. also heard that you should wait till at least 80% battery before recharge... snopes?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 10:54 PM
    I use battery lover. It is a great app and shows the percentage of your battery when in in active frame.
    Here's the link: BlackBerry World - Battery Lover There are two versions, free and a pro paid version.
    By the way, it has good shortcuts to Wi-fi, Bluetooth, and NFC. Here's some pictures of the app.

Best battery app / maximize battery life-img_00000042.jpgBest battery app / maximize battery life-img_00000041.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by GSM-S; 06-03-13 at 11:30 PM.
    06-03-13 11:20 PM
    Battery Guru is great. Personally, I haven't changed any settings with my latest os and I get over 15 hours on a charge. Only thing I recommend is to recharge before bed and don't recharge until battery is below 20%.

Attachment 168137
    Attachment 168138
    Attachment 168139
    Attachment 168140
    Attachment 168141
    Attachment 168142
    Last edited by russworman; 06-03-13 at 11:48 PM.
    06-03-13 11:24 PM
    Battery guru will give you a lot more info
    Battery lover will tell you the approximate percent left but that is about all.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 11:27 PM
    I think charging full is alright. I usually charge my phone over night, and so far so good.
    With the new batteries, its okay to just charge whenever and wherever..
    06-04-13 12:06 AM
    Is battery watch good?!

Posted via CB on the Z10
    06-04-13 12:16 AM
    Battery guru is a MUST buy.

Posted via CB10
    rasmadrak likes this.
    06-04-13 12:25 AM
    Battery lover has some great tips and tricks.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 12:28 AM
    +1 for battery guru.
    06-04-13 12:48 AM
    I like the way battery guru show battery usage (chart), usefull for battery monitoring, but other than that, I dont see other usefull function.
    Hopefully next update will give us more feature.

I saw an app that said that it will optimized your battery, see "free battery booster" on the bb world.
    Best battery app / maximize battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1370325575434.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Best battery app / maximize battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1370325631623.jpg  
    06-04-13 01:00 AM
    Battery guru is a MUST buy.

Posted via CB10
    Why? Sure it's a good app. Not a fraction as good as Android counterparts though (BetterBatteryStats). But unless you experience battery issues I see no reason to need to run it.
    06-04-13 02:05 AM
    Why? Sure it's a good app. Not a fraction as good as Android counterparts though (BetterBatteryStats). But unless you experience battery issues I see no reason to need to run it.
    I guess this app would take more battery as well, considering it must be a sideloaded Android-app, unless I'm misinformed?
    Battery Guru is extremely lightweight and basically doesn't affect the battery time at all.
    06-04-13 02:51 AM
    I guess this app would take more battery as well, considering it must be a sideloaded Android-app, unless I'm misinformed?
    Battery Guru is extremely lightweight and basically doesn't affect the battery time at all.
    It won't probably work on BB. It's a whole different beat that tracks individual applications and their power usage. Measuring deep-sleep, kernel wakelocks, CPU states etc... amazing app which nailed down whatever battery problems you could have on Android. But as with Battery Guru I see no point in running them unless you need to pinpoint issues (though my point is with Battery Guru you can't pinpoint them), other than to jerk off to graphs and such =)
    06-04-13 02:57 AM
    I like the way battery guru show battery usage (chart), usefull for battery monitoring, but other than that, I dont see other usefull function.
    Hopefully next update will give us more feature.

I saw an app that said that it will optimized your battery, see "free battery booster" on the bb world.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1370325575434.jpg 
Views:	1014 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	168150
    how does optimization/stats monitoring work? my understanding is bb10 devs don't have access to those kinds of functions, seeing as the APIs have not even been released yet. someone correct me if I am wrong.
    06-04-13 03:00 AM
    It won't probably work on BB. It's a whole different beat that tracks individual applications and their power usage. Measuring deep-sleep, kernel wakelocks, CPU states etc... amazing app which nailed down whatever battery problems you could have on Android. But as with Battery Guru I see no point in running them unless you need to pinpoint issues (though my point is with Battery Guru you can't pinpoint them), other than to jerk off to graphs and such =)
    well if it doesn't run on bb10 why bring it up?
    06-04-13 03:03 AM
    well if it doesn't run on bb10 why bring it up?
    He was comparing to android app. Not saying that its battery guru alternative on BB10.
    06-04-13 03:40 AM
    how does optimization/stats monitoring work? my understanding is bb10 devs don't have access to those kinds of functions, seeing as the APIs have not even been released yet. someone correct me if I am wrong.
    Actually I m not so sure what exactly what it does. I did try it once, you just click the button, and the app will optimize it (so it says). I dont see any significant battery save, but that app recieve lots of good reviews and ratings though
    06-04-13 03:44 AM
    Battery Guru is good if you're tracking battery usage over time. However, if you're just looking to have a % in an active frame, may I suggest "Night Ports" via BB World? This is intended to show you where all your ports and controls are in the dark -- you can plug into the charger with no fumbling. When minimized to an active frame, it gives a mini status screen with battery %. It's tiny (4.something mb) and really light on resources.
    Caldevert83 likes this.
    06-04-13 07:01 AM

It would be great if someone can make an app like this for the Z10. It shows you the signal strength througout the day, the times when GPS, screen, or wifi is on. In the other, better known view, it shows the usage broken down by application.
    06-06-13 10:38 AM
    http://i.imgur.com/T7qaHAS.png

It would be great if someone can make an app like this for the Z10. It shows you the signal strength througout the day, the times when GPS, screen, or wifi is on. In the other, better known view, it shows the usage broken down by application.
    I have got the exact application you are looking for... in BlackBerry world search 'ghostcommander' it should be a folder in a black box, open the app and type 'home:' on the address bar at the top. From there go to:

Applications>settings (hold the icon down)>launch>about phone>battery use

This will lead you to a picture I attached(proving its on bb10)
    Attached Thumbnails Best battery app / maximize battery life-img_00000371.png   Best battery app / maximize battery life-img_00000372.png  
    09-07-13 07:02 AM
    Battery Fiction Pro is the best...
    Kesharik4 likes this.
    08-23-15 05:59 AM