Am I the only one who thinks that Facebook app is not at the level it should be for BlackBerry 10 devices? Many basic functionality like chat, share and sometimes even viewing the comments from a post. This app needs to be updated fast. I am a hard core blackberry user and I want the premier app on blackberry 10 to be on par with other smartphone os out there.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 08:38 AM
    Personally, I just use the hub and the web version. But for MY FB needs, the app works well!

I know some people want to have the share feature, but I mean, it is a pretty low priority thing. As far as the chat goes, you can do that through your Hub!
    06-03-13 08:40 AM
    You are right. My major concern is that our blackberry 10 is centered around flow. My wife uses an I phone and Facebook app in there works like it should on blackberry 10. I'm fine with what we have, but to boast about the quality of Facebook app, there is a lot of room for improvement.

Posted via CB10
    ATMJOE likes this.
    06-03-13 09:02 AM
    Just boast about how BB10 doesn't even need the app!

I mean, why does a website need an app?
    - Easy access (A browser bookmark is just as good as the app)
    - Good experience (mobile site for FB is faster than the app)
    - Deliver notifications (HUB! )
    - To do something that the website can't (FB app, as far as I know, doesn't do anything special that it's website doesn't)
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    06-03-13 09:08 AM
    I say a dev should make a Facebook client like Blaq and Neatly for Twitter

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 09:12 AM
    I say a dev should make a Facebook client like Blaq and Neatly for Twitter

Posted via CB10
    Fairly certain that FaceBook doesn't allow the APIs needed for such applications.
    06-03-13 09:14 AM
    Fairly certain that FaceBook doesn't allow the APIs needed for such applications.
    That's correct. A whack of 3rd party FB apps recently got pulled from the Windows Phone store for that reason

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 09:20 AM
    I agree with you. I just go to the web and do not user the native FB app
    06-03-13 09:24 AM
    I actually prefer the app where I can actually find stuff to FB's kludgy and overbloated Web pages.
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    06-03-13 09:34 AM
    Official FB apps suck on all platforms, believe me. I don't know about the Windows store, but on Android and iOS, there are several third party FB apps, such as Friendcaster.
    06-03-13 09:46 AM
    I live quite comfortably without Facebook. Never used it.....never will.

Sent from the future on my Z10.
    bb624, MarsupilamiX and Fnen90 like this.
    06-03-13 10:00 AM
    Yeah, Facebook does keep a tight handle to which entities are allowed to create official Facebook apps. Unfortunately BlackBerry seems to have done a particularly poor job with its one.
    06-03-13 10:15 AM
    Remember the legacy BlackBerry version was crap too, but improved with every update. Now its really decent. This one will improve too. I just hope they do it a bit faster

Posted via CB10
    _MissV_ likes this.
    06-03-13 10:20 AM
    I wasn't aware that a lot of important APIs are not exposed, and FB forbids just anyone from writing a client. But I never understood why someone doesn't writing an FB client that isn't full of annoying limitations. I would pay $20 for one. It must be one of those things, like getting a restaurant to fully cook bacon, it just can't be done.
    06-03-13 10:50 AM
    You're not the only one. Facebook has been thoroughly neglected. I could understand it for a while after launch but time is getting on now and there's no word about chat still. Facebook is a very important part of any smartphone these days, like it or not. Its development should be given a higher priority than the dearth of features and bugs would suggest it's being given at present

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    06-03-13 10:56 AM
    I think it's the no 1 app BlackBerry should fix... its unbelievable how many people go to BlackBerry Facebook page and complain about share feature not working...

Posted via CB10
    blakobecwa likes this.
    06-03-13 11:00 AM
    The PB FB app is even worse. That's on a QNX platform that is almost EOL!

Coming soon = maybe.

Tim

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    06-03-13 11:07 AM
    Pisses me off that I can't add a location when checking in.
    06-03-13 11:39 AM
    Yes the legacy did improve over time I personally think the fb version on 7.1 at the moment is the best yet compare the two and the current bb10 version is dire
    06-03-13 11:51 AM
    Ya, its horrible bottom line.
    06-03-13 12:07 PM
    People may use mobile version of Facebook and be satisfied but we want to satisfy the consumers who are the one that will be the part of BlackBerry rising to fame. Like it or not, Facebook is the most widely used app in any smartphone. It should be the priority to make this app better than any platform. Our os is the best out there and this app has not incorporated the flow which is the most talked about feature of BlackBerry 10. Flow and hub is what makes BlackBerry better than any os out there.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 12:35 PM
    this app has not incorporated the flow which is the most talked about feature of BlackBerry 10. Flow and hub is what makes BlackBerry better than any os out there.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I'm trying to tell you. The app is integrated into the Hub, not the other way around!

When you set up your account, you get all FB notifications in the Hub, you can see all of the notifications and their related posts without even opening the app!

The only time you need the app is when you want to stalk people (admit it, that's the only reason why people use FB :P). In this case, just use the mobile site!
    06-03-13 12:39 PM
    It's not stalking. It's promotion. Facebook is a way to promote you and your ideas to other people.

Yeah, the app is poor. Facebook has yet to build a proper app for BB10. It's funny that FB is is still realeasing updates to BB 7.0 Facebook app.
    06-03-13 01:02 PM
    Haha. I agree with the stalking part. I also agree with notification coming in the hub. I like that fact. But people who will migrate from android or ios will want to have all those features which they were enjoying. I'm just asking for more effort to be put into critical apps. You and I may think these apps are not necessary but majority of the people will want them. Apps ultimately makes the smartphone better. Like LinkedIn, i think this app is better other platforms. BlackBerry has to make better social apps like it.

Posted via CB10
    DisturbedRocks31 likes this.
    06-03-13 01:06 PM
    06-03-13 01:09 PM
49 12