Hey everyone.

I'm trying to decide on a USB cradle/dock charger for my Z10. I only want this dock so that I can charge my phone while I sleep and use the phone as an alarm clock. Also, I want to be able to leave the phone in its case while charging (I have a Case Mate Barely There case for my Z10).

Can anyone recommend a cradle/dock to use? These are the ones I'm looking at:

2nd Desktop Dock Cradle Battery Charger with Battery Slot for Blackberry Z10 | eBay

New USB Battery Charger Desktop Data Sync Cradle Dock Station for Blackberry Z10 | eBay

KiDiGi Adjustable Horizontal Charger Cradle AC USB Wall Dock for Blackberry Z10 | eBay

Thanks!
    06-03-13 08:11 AM
    The one I use looks just like the first pic. I would recommend it for one reason beyond just aesthetics: it holds the ends of the phone and guides it so that you match the USB plug on the cradle to the USB port as it slides in, this avoids pushing on the USB plug when the phone isn't lined up and potentially damaging both the phone and the cradle.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 08:16 AM
    the OEM BB dock .. it's awesome
    06-03-13 08:20 AM
    Without the charging contacts like on the old phones, these new USB docks scare me. I'm worried that the USB port on the phone is going to get damaged from constant wear and tear. Thanks for the tip, zyphen!!

The one I use looks just like the first pic. I would recommend it for one reason beyond just aesthetics: it holds the ends of the phone and guides it so that you match the USB plug on the cradle to the USB port as it slides in, this avoids pushing on the USB plug when the phone isn't lined up and potentially damaging both the phone and the cradle.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 09:38 AM
    I would love to get the OEM dock, but it's not released yet. Besides, I don't need the HDMI connectivity - this will just be for bedside use to be used as an alarm.

the OEM BB dock .. it's awesome
    06-03-13 09:39 AM
    I'm going to wait for the BlackBerry branded dock and hopefully by then, they'll fix the auto bedside mode option when you plug in a charger just like the old BBOS.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    06-03-13 09:48 AM
    I have the 2nd Desktop Dock Cradle Battery Charger with Battery Slot for Blackberry Z10 | eBay to use for Bedside Mode, and it works fine. Has a tiny blue light to let you know the cradle is plugged in. Have not tried the battery slot for charging. The naked Z10 fits just right- not sure it would work with any case.
    06-03-13 10:26 AM
    Well, according to the new blog posting on the main page by Adam, it looks as though I'm not the only one who misses the cradle/dock for USB charging.

Any other recommendations for a third-party dock/cradle for the Z10??
    06-03-13 11:52 AM