Hi,

I just encountered some very annoying bugs with the calendar application on 10.1.0.273.

First of all, the information calling system still does not work correctly. It seems to be too sensitive at times. It connects appointments to emails that it thinks are relevant but really have nothing to do with the appointment I am making. (Btw, this sadly also applies to the information pulling system that is used for contact updates. It thinks some of my contacts are associated with companies that they are not. I hate to say it, but this feels currently still like a fantastic idea to keep people moving that isn't ready for prime time yet. )

Secondly, there was a very irritating bug involving a weekly recurring appointment that I was trying to make on Mondays and Wednesdays. I set the starting date as June 3rd which is this Monday but it insisted on setting it to June 5th. This must be fixed!

Thirdly, once I managed to set it correctly by making it a separate appointment instead of a recurring appointment which is ridiculous, I backed out of the app and I noticed that the active frame still said no upcoming appointments. Re-opening the calendar did not not this. This needs to be fixed.

Lastly this applies to remember and calendar. Where is it getting 9:00am as the default time to remind me for all day and remember stuff? I do not remember specifically saying that time and there is no way to edit that time that I have found in settings. It isn't the start of my work day because that is currently set 5:00am. Odd.

Keep improving BlackBerry so we can keep moving!

~STV
    06-02-13 10:48 PM
    Hi,

I just encountered some very annoying bugs with the calendar application on 10.1.0.273.

First of all, the information calling system still does not work correctly. It seems to be too sensitive at times. It connects appointments to emails that it thinks are relevant but really have nothing to do with the appointment I am making. (Btw, this sadly also applies to the information pulling system that is used for contact updates. It thinks some of my contacts are associated with companies that they are not. I hate to say it, but this feels currently still like a fantastic idea to keep people moving that isn't ready for prime time yet. )

Secondly, there was a very irritating bug involving a weekly recurring appointment that I was trying to make on Mondays and Wednesdays. I set the starting date as June 3rd which is this Monday but it insisted on setting it to June 5th. This must be fixed!

Thirdly, once I managed to set it correctly by making it a separate appointment instead of a recurring appointment which is ridiculous, I backed out of the app and I noticed that the active frame still said no upcoming appointments. Re-opening the calendar did not not this. This needs to be fixed.

Lastly this applies to remember and calendar. Where is it getting 9:00am as the default time to remind me for all day and remember stuff? I do not remember specifically saying that time and there is no way to edit that time that I have found in settings. It isn't the start of my work day because that is currently set 5:00am. Odd.

~STV
    I miss the BBOS calendar; while I like the look and feel of the new and improved BB10 calendar, it's just a display for items I enter from my desktop.

You can set default start time in Settings -> General via pulldown menu in the app, by the way.
    06-03-13 03:58 AM
    I miss the BBOS calendar; while I like the look and feel of the new and improved BB10 calendar, it's just a display for items I enter from my desktop.

You can set default start time in Settings -> General via pulldown menu in the app, by the way.
    As I said, this has nothing to do with day start-end time.

~STV
    06-03-13 07:18 AM
    As I said, this has nothing to do with day start-end time. ~STV
    Yup. I see what you're on about now. Pick any day you want, as long as it's 9am. Nice.
    06-03-13 08:25 AM
    Yup. I see what you're on about now. Pick any day you want, as long as it's 9am. Nice.
    Can others confirm this 9am only oddity? Under calendar options, scroll down to reminder for all day events.

This is bugging me now. Where did BB get 9am from? Maybe was that the factory default work day start so it just took it from there and has a bug where it doesn't update to reflect any changes the user made to their work day start time?

~STV
    06-03-13 01:11 PM
    Yep, 9am Start time on the calendar. It really is annoying not being able to set your own specific Start and End times. The calendar definitely needs some fine tuning.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    06-03-13 03:30 PM
    Hi,

~STV
    I have the same annoying issue with setting up any recurring appointment on my Q10. I solved it by moving back my start date to the previous date (ie. The previous mon, tue, etc). Annoying as he'll and has to be fixed big time. I don't sync with any calendars. I just use my local calendar as is so there is no excuse for any glitches. Please post if you are able to find the source of your problem or was able to fix it. Thanks!
    08-16-13 06:50 AM
    ~STV
    Not odd just stupid. I begin my workday at 8am. I leave my house at 7:40 to get to work. I would prefer to get my all day event warnings at 7 am. But that is not possible.
    08-17-13 02:39 PM