Hi,

i got a Q10 and installed facebook on it. After installing, I've never been asked, whether my existing contacts on the phone should be synced in some way with my facebook account. But now, I have lots of facebook pictures and facebook names (+ information about how many friends someone has etc) in my contacts on the Q10. How can I get rid of this again and how can I de-activate, that facebook is syncing information about contacts I have on the Q10?

regards,
    max
    06-02-13 05:58 AM
    In the setting for Contacts, you can turn off the option to show Facebook contacts. Unfortunately they still show up when you try to add a contact to an email. Also, the option seems to turn back on once in a while. I absolutely hate having my Facebook contacts there. If they had a seperate contact list it wouldn;t be so bad, but when you have a thousand FB friends it is unwieldy. Not an "feature" I wanted or needed. So far there is no way to turn off syncing.
    06-02-13 10:01 AM
    There isn't anyway to turn off the syncing I believe, but indeed you can stop them from appearing in your Contacts under the app settings. Earlier OS' had a bug with this option re-enabling itself, but on the latest OS leak (10.1.0.2354) that seems to have been fixed.
    06-02-13 10:05 AM
    Tx for your replies guys, although this are not really good news..I thought one of the Main advantages of bb10 vs android/ios is Data security and very advanced settings for privacy control..if facebook contacts are synced automatically by the App (without even asking for allowance) + no possibility to turn this of at all, this seems to be pretty XXXX to me...

Max

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 11:43 AM
    The Contacts App sucks B0lls. I use FB Contacts as main contacts and I setup all the links for them so that most of my contacts would have photos and contact numbers. The shiz thing happened after I logged out of my FB app. Most of my contacts had no images/photos after that. I couldn't find a way to refresh/force facebook app to re-download contact images without a complete uninstall/reinstall of the FB app. I did a complete uninstall/reinstall of the FB app so that I could get FB contacts with images back but most of the links from linked contacts are broken. I'm totally not happy with this Contacts App. I hope they fix it in 10.2.
    If you wanna know how I did a complete uninstall/reinstall then go here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...photos-829616/
    10-13-13 07:53 PM
    The same problem goes to me. Contact apps is very basic app for a phone. Should be done better.
    This is one of the reason why I'm moving my daily phone to Android LG G2. Using z10 mostly for BBM.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 07:59 PM
    Contacts and blackberry not addressng the situation right away is a sin and a recipe for more people to feel let down and displeased. I mean......

CONTACTS......basically the second thing that needs to function beautifully on a cellular device besides being able to make calls.
    khoanguyen2010 likes this.
    10-13-13 09:32 PM
    Contacts and blackberry not addressng the situation right away is a sin and a recipe for more people to feel let down and displeased. I mean......

CONTACTS......basically the second thing that needs to function beautifully on a cellular device besides being able to make calls.
    Yeaa i concurred. It sucks! My contacts is kind of messed up!
    12-11-13 12:12 AM
    Go to contacts, click on the menu on the left bottom corner of screen, select the facebook tab, then delete ALL facebook contacts and they will NOT appear on the phone again. They will not even show up in universal search.

Posted via Q10 running 10.2.1.1055 bbm channel C0037DB1A
    12-11-13 01:31 AM
    Go to contacts, click on the menu on the left bottom corner of screen, select the facebook tab, then delete ALL facebook contacts and they will NOT appear on the phone again. They will not even show up in universal search.

Posted via Q10 running 10.2.1.1055 bbm channel C0037DB1A
    This will not delete the contact from Facebook right?

In my case, I see my Facebook contacts "duplicated", they are normally paired up but one with an image and the other one without one. Any thoughts on to why?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 08:15 AM
    Is there a solution for this nowadays (Feb, 2015)?
    02-06-15 01:41 PM
    I don't think there is any improvement in the contacts with the 10.3.1. I've been using this Z10 for 1.5 years and waiting for the Contacts App to be fixed badly. Looks like BB has let us all down by not working on this issue. The contacts are all duplicated, links broken even after manually linking it many times. I love the BB Z10 for the hardware but this OS is still a bug fest even after 3 major release. I'm seriously looking at others now, though I will really miss the BB HUB.
    02-25-15 08:32 PM