OK this has been getting on my last nerve and I've lost any sort of hope or ideas.

Basically almost every single time I send a picture to someone from the HUB using Whatsapp my phone locks up on the chat screen. Only a long hold on the power button (restart) gets me out of this. Oddly enough I can hear notifications coming through but I cannot do anything as I have a paralyzed phone.

I've tried an official os, tried two leaks (currently on. 2009), I've wiped my phone, I've soft bricked my phone, reloaded OS via link,I started fresh without any restore, I've uninstalled and reinstalled whatsapp. Nothing works !!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if other are facing similar issues please post here.

Edit: Phone just froze simply by chatting using Whatsapp. It was more apparent while sending pics, now it's happened twice just by chatting.

Update #1:

I have contacted Whatsapp and I'm waiting for a response. I gave them this link so they can take a look at it. I also gave them separate comments of people experiencing issues throughout the forum.

I wouldn't mind moving it ( through a mod) but I'm afraid if Whatsapp decides to access the link I gave them they will go no where as its been moved.

I will keep everyone posted once/if I receive a response from them.

For those with freezing issues, try holding down the power button for a really long time and the phone should reboot.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Vector-SS; 06-02-13 at 09:49 AM.
    06-01-13 03:48 PM
    This has been happening on mine as well as my wife's Z10.. exactly same issue..

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 04:15 PM
    Yeh happened to me and my sister the other day...very annoying...

Not found a fix yet...

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 04:23 PM
    Got the same problem as well running 2354 stl 2

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 04:33 PM
    Have you contacted Whatsapp for support on this?
    06-01-13 04:34 PM
    I have not contacted Whatsapp for this yet, but now that I know I'm not alone with this issue I surely will. Hopefully we get more people to report here.

Whoever notices a trend as to when it freezes please leave the details here as I will be referring Whatsapp to this thread.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 11:55 PM
    Same problem but for me to fix it is to remove the battery and put it back in, the power button doesn't work for me to reset!
    Notification sounds I also hear, I could still take screen shots but it won't move out from the picture, video or voice note I view what I got on WhatsApp!
    I am going crazy already, I started thinking that it's my phone again but now I see lots of people complaining about it so it's definitely a problem with WhatsApp!

Posted via CB10 ~ Join the One And Only active News channel on BBM Channels just add C000E96C1 ~
    06-02-13 04:02 AM
    It happens to me every few days that my whole phone freezes while using WhatsApp. No function in particular but when it happens it's from within this particular app. It forces me to reboot the phone via the ctr+alt+del function applicable via the volume control.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 04:04 AM
    Same issue here. What i found out is sticking my z10 in the holster and out again a couple of times, unfreezes it. Don't ask me why it does, it just does for me lol
    06-02-13 04:29 AM
    WhatsApp has frooze on me twice. In four weeks though so it doesn't bother me too much. I have sent pictures without problem. Though I think I have shared them directly from the gallery to WhatsApp when doing so.
    06-02-13 04:34 AM
    My whatsapp tends to deliver message few seconds late after I finish typing.
    Does anyone else experience this? And mind to explain to me the causes of the slower response?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 07:17 AM
    I'm not sure, but I think WhatsApp is a quick and dirty Android port.

You might want to contact them as they may not be aware of the bugginess.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 07:37 AM
    I'm not sure, but I think WhatsApp is a quick and dirty Android port.

You might want to contact them as they may not be aware of the bugginess.

Posted via CB10
    Not really it's a native app as seen in the interface and how smooth it is in operation. Though it's very similar to the Android app but there are differences so it's not a straight port.
    06-02-13 07:41 AM
    Just delete it!! It has been posted numerous time that for whatever reason it does not work great on this platform!!
    06-02-13 07:47 AM
    Try the latest OS. 2354

It's been working great for me

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 07:57 AM
    Not really it's a native app as seen in the interface and how smooth it is in operation. Though it's very similar to the Android app but there are differences so it's not a straight port.
    It does look decent, like a stripped-down BBM.

I'm surprised how few of my contacts use it, now that I look at it. It's about 15 out of over 1000, and most of them are offline. Guess I'll play around with it a bit.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 08:02 AM
    My whatsapp tends to deliver message few seconds late after I finish typing.
    Does anyone else experience this? And mind to explain to me the causes of the slower response?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Am experiencing this. Immediately after O/S 10.1.0.273 on STL 100-2.
    06-02-13 08:02 AM
    This thread should also be moved to the apps section.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 08:03 AM
    It does look decent, like a stripped-down BBM.

I'm surprised how few of my contacts use it, now that I look at it. It's about 15 out of over 1000, and most of them are offline. Guess I'll play around with it a bit.

Posted via CB10
    Most of the people I know with smartphones uses WhatsApp. I think it's the most common cross-system messaging app. I use it daily even more than regular SMS. On Android alone the app has 3 022 482 ratings, so the userbase is humongous.

There might be more in your contact list that uses it. I have found whatsapp is very picky when it comes to rekognizing numbers and matching them with contacts. The numbers basically has to be identical in whatsapp (how it displays them) and your contact list.
    06-02-13 08:05 AM
    Please move to
    BlackBerry 10 Apps
    06-02-13 08:09 AM
    ** OP updated **
    Last edited by Vector-SS; 06-02-13 at 11:45 AM.
    06-02-13 09:45 AM
    I have this problem as well... about once a week it freezes

Another problem I have is it will stop sending Msg on wifi. But as soon as I turn off wifi they send through LTE and it's back to normal.. annoying

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 09:52 AM
    Update:

I have contacted Whatsapp and I'm waiting for a response. I gave them this link so they can take a look at it. I also gave them separate comments of people experiencing issues throughout the forum.

I wouldn't mind moving it ( through a mod) but I'm afraid if Whatsapp decides to access the link I gave them they will go no where as its been moved.

I will keep everyone posted once/if I receive a response from them.

For those with freezing issues, try holding down the power button for a really long time and the phone should reboot.

Posted via CB10
    How long is very long?

Posted via CB10 ~ Join the One And Only active News channel on BBM Channels just add C000E96C1 ~
    06-02-13 10:46 AM
    Very annoying with WhatsApp. One day mine was frezing lik very 20 minutes. Cant wait for BBM to go cross platform and then it's bye bye WhatsApp RIP..
    06-02-13 10:59 AM
    How long is very long?

A good 30 seconds I say, maybe less.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 11:44 AM
85 123 ...