So, how many of you have already got 10.1 for your Z10? All of us are waiting like idiots to get that update and we have no clue when we'll get it, because BlackBerry has shown another example of their inefficiency. BlackBerry has given the task of updating BB10 OS to all the different carriers, and Carriers are not giving us any details/hints about the 10.1 update, and we are screwed up.

With only 2 devices in the market so far, BB10 is already getting fragmented when it comes to OS version. That is amazing performance by BB. isn't that?

I'm still stuck at 10.0 and that's why I can't download many of the new apps which require 10.1 update. I have no idea when I'll get it and how I'll get it. Handing over this responsibility of updating BB10 OS to carriers shows nothing but non-serious and unprofessional attitude of BlackBerry. They have already left Z10 owners struggling at this early stage, which is confirmation of the fact that they haven't changed at all, this is what they did with PlayBook.

I have one simple question to ask, why don't they release updates directly OTA like Apple does?
    Apple has been doing this from day one, all different iPhones are being used with various carriers from around the world, yet they don't leave this responsibility to carriers, coz they care about their customers and value them unlike BlackBerry.

Thank you for continuing your tradition of screwing up your customers, you never fail to disappoint me BB.
    06-01-13 04:47 AM
    I'm pretty sure I receive OTA updates.. Unless they're large of course. How dare BlackBerry leave carriers to perform carrier specific updates! Surely they should contact each of them in turn, find out what they want done and complete the update on their behalf! I thought Canadians were cool.. Don't feed the trolls.
    brout likes this.
    06-01-13 04:58 AM
    @OP you seem to be of the mistaken opinion that you are a customer of Blackberry's. You aren't. The carriers are.

Not the best option for us, but I don't think Blackberry will ever leave carriers.
    Mecca EL, Blacklatino and bp3dots like this.
    06-01-13 05:09 AM
    Agreed BB10 OS updates are not smooth.
    Last edited by arvind1983; 06-01-13 at 11:10 AM. Reason: typos
    irsan, soren203 and Donvald like this.
    06-01-13 05:10 AM
    Call your carrier and complain to them. They control the release. BlackBerry gives them the builds and it's in carrier's hands after that.

Auto Corrected by BlackBerry 10 via CB10
    06-01-13 05:22 AM
    Just download one of the other carriers update that have been conveniently put available in a auto loader by members here. First thing I did when I get my phone and I never looked back.

Posted via CB10
    @craig, H4zN and dikkr like this.
    06-01-13 05:30 AM
    See I have unlocked Z10. I'm not on a contract with any carrier. I travel a lot and I keep changing SIM cards in my Z10 when I'm in different country, and sometimes I just use it without any SIM card. That means I won't be able to get any updates at all. So, what should I do? and Do you think its the best way to deal with problem? Do you think we have nothing else more important to do than running after carriers to release OS updates? This is making the whole deal even worse.

10.2 Gold is planned in August, and there is not timeline provided to us by any carrier when and how they keep updating the OS? So, if by any luck we get 10.1 by July, then we'll start pushing our carriers to release 10.2 and the race goes on.

Please don't start comparing BB10 with Android. BB10 and BlackBerry are more comparable to iOS and Apple. They make their own hardware and software, so when Apple does OTA updates directly, why can't BlackBerry do that?
    Tsejdiu86 likes this.
    06-01-13 05:38 AM
    I don't see what your problem is...if you keep changing sim cards, then just check for an update when you have a different sim card in... I'm on O2 who were slow to release the first updates... because my phone is unlocked I put in a Vodafone Sim to get the update... now I just download the latest leaks... Your creating a problem rather than looking for a solution!
    06-01-13 05:49 AM
    See I have unlocked Z10. I'm not on a contract with any carrier. I travel a lot and I keep changing SIM cards in my Z10 when I'm in different country, and sometimes I just use it without any SIM card. That means I won't be able to get any updates at all. So, what should I do? and Do you think its the best way to deal with problem? Do you think we have nothing else more important to do than running after carriers to release OS updates? This is making the whole deal even worse.

10.2 Gold is planned in August, and there is not timeline provided to us by any carrier when and how they keep updating the OS? So, if by any luck we get 10.1 by July, then we'll start pushing our carriers to release 10.2 and the race goes on.

Please don't start comparing BB10 with Android. BB10 and BlackBerry are more comparable to iOS and Apple. They make their own hardware and software, so when Apple does OTA updates directly, why can't BlackBerry do that?
    There's no fragmentation, you're confusing BlackBerry with Android. If you want a new OS, download and install it like the rest of us who already have.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 05:53 AM
    so when Apple does OTA updates directly, why can't BlackBerry do that?
    Dont be mistaken. BlackBerry CAN do it..... the carriers just wont LET them. With 5% market share BB really cant afford to tick off the carriers.
    06-01-13 05:54 AM
    So, how many of you have already got 10.1 for your Z10? All of us are waiting like idiots to get that update and we have no clue when we'll get it, because BlackBerry has shown another example of their inefficiency. BlackBerry has given the task of updating BB10 OS to all the different carriers, and Carriers are not giving us any details/hints about the 10.1 update, and we are screwed up.

With only 2 devices in the market so far, BB10 is already getting fragmented when it comes to OS version. That is amazing performance by BB. isn't that?

I'm still stuck at 10.0 and that's why I can't download many of the new apps which require 10.1 update. I have no idea when I'll get it and how I'll get it. Handing over this responsibility of updating BB10 OS to carriers shows nothing but non-serious and unprofessional attitude of BlackBerry. They have already left Z10 owners struggling at this early stage, which is confirmation of the fact that they haven't changed at all, this is what they did with PlayBook.

I have one simple question to ask, why don't they release updates directly OTA like Apple does?
    Apple has been doing this from day one, all different iPhones are being used with various carriers from around the world, yet they don't leave this responsibility to carriers, coz they care about their customers and value them unlike BlackBerry.

Thank you for continuing your tradition of screwing up your customers, you never fail to disappoint me BB.
    You can always get updates through the internet. Unless you have a Mac computer, which assuming you have because you praise them and loving it. Don't bash BlackBerry, you can take action yourself.

Posted via CB10
    brout, sooman54, DariusZ10 and 3 others like this.
    06-01-13 06:03 AM
    Dear Blackberry

You had you Blackberry live event here in our back yard which we greatly appreciate you picking our great country for this fine event. You also got up on stage and told the world that the 10.1 update would be released to us BB OS10 users by the end of the month. I was overjoyed when I heard this statement and thought I would finally be getting the update that would fix the 30 day email issues and restart issues I have been having since day one of buying the z10 from your company.

Well!! weeks later and here I sit with my z10 on T-mobile USA and I am still stuck with 10.0.85 and still suffering from the same issues I have had since spending 600 dollars of my hard earned money and putting up with the device restart issues. I think Blackberry's decision to allow the carriers to push out these updates is going to come back and bite you right in the ***.

I for one are not a happy camper at the moment and if the BB faithful out there think I am troll, I say lets trade places and I well gladly give you my z10 and let it restart in the middle of one of your important phone calls and see if you still have that warm and fuzzy feeling about your beloved Blackberry then? I think not my friend.

I also had to wipe my device recently and reload all my apps, email and account settings because of a "bug" in BBM that would not allow me to accept an invitation. Then I found out this bug is fixed in 10.1. So i spent 3 hours of my valuable time doing this because I couldn't trust my previous backup for fear the issue would still exist if I restored my device from it.

So I sit here and wait and ***** and complain until either Blackberry or my Carrier gets off their *** and gives me the update they promised me? I don't care that's it's a new OS and all that BS. You have had two years to test this product out and this is 2013 and not 1999 and these type of issues are unacceptable in this day and age.

Remember, you are trying to rebuild your lost market share because of your complacency and you have to be better then your competitors at this stage of the game, like it or not. I love the z10 and all it's great features, but as a loyal consumer, we deserve better then we have been provided so far in terms of customer support.

PS: Yes, I have complained to my carrier and so far all I have received is the typical "we know nothing" emails.
    Last edited by Ronald Bak; 06-01-13 at 06:34 AM.
    06-01-13 06:21 AM
    @raykutro,

good idea would be to read up on the difference BB and Apple have towards carriers, then you will understand why BB is using the carrier for the OTA.

Next, since you unlocked your device, best thing to do is start learning to use sachibar. Now you can install the OS from carrier that has allready released latest version. Works like a charme.
    06-01-13 06:39 AM
    Wow just wow, you people have zero clue do you? Just get a leaked os and install. its what everyone pretty much has done and it will solve your issues. Like others have said but nobody decides to read or comprehend it, its YOUR CARRIERS FAULT THE UPDATES ARE SLOW, NOT BLACKBERRY..
    eBud, LP_Rigg, brout and 7 others like this.
    06-01-13 06:49 AM
    Wow just wow, you people have zero clue do you? Just get a leaked os and install. its what everyone pretty much has done and it will solve your issues. Like others have said but nobody decides to read or comprehend it, its YOUR CARRIERS FAULT THE UPDATES ARE SLOW, NOT BLACKBERRY..
    I do have a clue and I don't want a leak that presents problems and might affect my warranty! I want the update that was promised to me and remember my friend. This is a partnership Between the CARRIERS and BLACKBERRY so please don't pass the buck here.
    06-01-13 06:53 AM
    I have been using 10.1 since more than one and half months without any issue. I have updated Z10 OS 6-7 times either Official OS or leaked. I don't care when my carrier will release it since whenever they release, I would be using atleast higher version. This is my experience with BB since last 6-7 yrs. I have been enjoying leak/hybrid OS initially on legacy devices and now on Z10.
    eBud and thatplaybookguy like this.
    06-01-13 07:06 AM
    I have been using 10.1 since more than one and half months without any issue. I have updated Z10 OS 6-7 times either Official OS or leaked. I don't care when my carrier will release it since whenever they release, I would be using atleast higher version. This is my experience with BB since last 6-7 yrs. I have been enjoying leak/hybrid OS initially on legacy devices and now on Z10.
    Thats all great but how about the AVERAGE CONSUMER who doesn't have a clue how to and/or can't install the leaks????? We deserve better support then what we have been giving so far.
    06-01-13 07:11 AM
    Thats all great but how about the AVERAGE CONSUMER who doesn't have a clue how to and/or can't install the leaks????? We deserve better support then what we have been giving so far.
    Then cry to your carrier. Nothing we can do for you here other than advising to install a leak. It is your choice, but it is your choice in the end.
    brout, CDM76 and Aziim Wahid like this.
    06-01-13 07:28 AM
    Instead of battering Blackberry, why are you not pooling resources and petitioning or protesting the carrier of your choice. Post on their sites, boards, etc...I'm sure BB is frustrated as well with their partners not keeping up with their part of the bargain. Don't you think it's in BB's best interest that the updates which they've made available are being released in a timely manner? Obviously, they've done what they can to push carriers.

Did you ever think also that all the "leaks" that are being made available have BB's unofficial blessing to help deal with the carrier's delays? They do everything short of coming right out and saying, "Here, screw the waiting and just install this leak already!" You never hear of BB trying to put a stop to all these "leaks".

The solutions are in front of you. It's hard to feel sympathy if you choose not to use them.
    06-01-13 07:31 AM
    I'm very glad to see that there are still some BlackBerry loyals who can just overlook any bull**** coming from BlackBerry and can justify their actions. Great!

The problem is, almost everybody seems selfish here, and they don't see the bigger picture. First of all, I posted this issue here, because I wanted it to be solved for everyone, I don't need a workaround for my devices only. Those of you who are saying, ah c'mon get the leaks and install it on your device, or call your carrier everyday until they finally release the update. This is not the solution of the problem, this is just a workaround.

Installing OS leaks or begging your carriers for OS updates is not a good way of getting updates.

Here are two perspectives:

Consumers perspective: (excluding Power-Consumers)
    So, a normal consumer expects the company to release updates. They are non-technical users, and they are very hesitant of getting the updates by other means (like installing leaks manually or something). They expect updates to arrive OTA and should be installed without any hassle & without losing any data, etc. So, they are left in the hands of carriers. The worst thing here is the carriers don't communicate very well the consumers about OS updates. They don't have any plan like the updates would be available within 30 days of announcement from the BlackBerry.

Developers perspective:
    This is a bigger problem and many of you are not thinking about it from Developers' point of view. Lets take the example of Skype which requires 10.1, but many of us haven't got 10.1 yet and don't know when we'll get that update. The trend will continue with 10.2, 10.3 and so on. If I make an app/game for 10.1/10.2, my app sales will be affected very badly, and I want to keep updating my app with latest OS version, so people will be already waiting for earlier updates, how would they get my app running on their devices, and since I have no clue when all the users will be updated to 10.1/10.2, I'm dealing with uncertainty here.

Those of you are very happy with the way they are getting updates, please don't bother to post here & ruin this post. You are power-users, you think only for yourself, and you are very comfortable downloading leaks/updates from various sources and taking backups of your phone and installing it manually, then good luck with it, we're not happy with it.

@Ronald Bak, thank you man for reply. I agree with everything you said.
    06-01-13 07:33 AM
    I'm very glad to see that there are still some BlackBerry loyals who can just overlook any bull**** coming from BlackBerry and can justify their actions. Great!

The problem is, almost everybody seems selfish here, and they don't see the bigger picture. First of all, I posted this issue here, because I wanted it to be solved for everyone, I don't need a workaround for my devices only. Those of you who are saying, ah c'mon get the leaks and install it on your device, or call your carrier everyday until they finally release the update. This is not the solution of the problem, this is just a workaround.

Installing OS leaks or begging your carriers for OS updates is not a good way of getting updates.

Here are two perspectives:

Consumers perspective: (excluding Power-Consumers)
    So, a normal consumer expects the company to release updates. They are non-technical users, and they are very hesitant of getting the updates by other means (like installing leaks manually or something). They expect updates to arrive OTA and should be installed without any hassle & without losing any data, etc. So, they are left in the hands of carriers. The worst thing here is the carriers don't communicate very well the consumers about OS updates. They don't have any plan like the updates would be available within 30 days of announcement from the BlackBerry.

Developers perspective:
    This is a bigger problem and many of you are not thinking about it from Developers' point of view. Lets take the example of Skype which requires 10.1, but many of us haven't got 10.1 yet and don't know when we'll get that update. The trend will continue with 10.2, 10.3 and so on. If I make an app/game for 10.1/10.2, my app sales will be affected very badly, and I want to keep updating my app with latest OS version, so people will be already waiting for earlier updates, how would they get my app running on their devices, and since I have no clue when all the users will be updated to 10.1/10.2, I'm dealing with uncertainty here.

Those of you are very happy with the way they are getting updates, please don't bother to post here & ruin this post. You are power-users, you think only for yourself, and you are very comfortable downloading leaks/updates from various sources and taking backups of your phone and installing it manually, then good luck with it, we're not happy with it.

@Ronald Bak, thank you man for reply. I agree with everything you said.
    This here is the main problem with the way the updates go. Android also has this but the problem is in the hardware manufacturers instead. They might have a huge market share nut people don't always know which version they have and so might not be able to get the newest apps.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 07:45 AM

I see why your frustrated. I to was stuck on Verizon waiting for the update. I called blackberry and was told that Verizon has had the update for quite some time now. I then called Verizon and was told by tier three that Verizon didn't like the update and was working on 10.1 to make it better and it would be weeks before they would officially release the update. Needless to say, I was upset as you are. I decided to go ahead and just download and install one of the ROMs right here from Crackberry, and guess what, I have no.more reboot issues, the update is amazing and the best part is, no Verizon bloatware. I'll never wait for Verizon again for an update. I believe the delay is that Verizon bloatware is the reason why the phone constantly was rebooting. Verizon tampered with blackberry OS and may have caused it to constantly reset. But now I have no reset issues and everything is running okay. I found that the zip download executable is the way to go. Very easy to install. Just click it like any other executable and it will no en the command line, connect your blackberry to your pc and reboot. The rest is done by the executable. Once completed, follow the start up screen on blackberry phone, then restore from backup. Viola, updated with new 10.1.2009 and running smooth. ****s the carrier updates, they such anyway.
    06-01-13 07:50 AM
    Don't complain i got 10.1 direct the same date the update was released

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 07:50 AM
    Hi Ray,

As other readers have pointed out the release of updates are controlled by carriers, ostensibly to ensure that a new build won't cause any unnecessary interference with their network. Unfortunately BB needs the carriers more than the carriers need BB. Perhaps when BB has 100 million+ users like Apple they'll be able to ignore the carriers and release updates OTA. Better start promoting BB to the masses, we will all benefit the more people who join the fray.
    06-01-13 07:51 AM

Easy Solution: Get a cheap (<5$) used Canadian Rogers Sim Card or US AT&T SIM on EBAY (does not have to be activated) pop it in and get fairly quick recent OS updates.
    DariusZ10 and Aziim Wahid like this.
    06-01-13 07:52 AM
205 123 ...