So I was the other day at a TMOBILE store in Santa Fe Springs, CA. And I ask this rep that's kinda busy a quick question. "How are the BlackBerry Z10 selling? " he said, meh... more or less, it's cause is more of a phone for business..." that right there just ticked me and I quickly replied Not this one and he saw that I had the Z10 in my hand. He still said... well it is more for business, I said not this one man... He said well that's my opinion and walked away. I left cause I was in a rush to get to some place. But I just kept thinking... what an ignorant... He probably said that cause he just took the training and haven't even use the phone...

That happened like 3 weeks ago. So today I was eating a burrito at Chipotle and I decided to give the rep a visit. I sit down outside in a chair at an ice cream store and start opening different apps. Batman Dark Rise, Angry Birds Star Wars, Asphalt 7, Instagram, Netflix and BlackBerry World. With all of that open, I put the Z10 in my pocket and head down to the store... There I see the guy and ask him, hey... I've been having this trouble with my account, it shows my billing cycle on one day but you guys charge me like a week earlier. he asks me for my phone number and I tell him. While he's doing that I say, man I apologize for the other day, I know was rude to you. He gives me a look like who the heck are you... and I say as I pull out my z10, the guy with the BlackBerry. and he goes and says nah man, don't worry about it... and I said, man, it's just that it ticked me when you said it was more for business. Yeah, that's fine. He says. I promptly pull out my powerhouse put batman on and put the phone in his hands. The first thing he goes "Oh what!...??... He then moves the screen around saying. Whoa the graphics are... really good...what the heck!?" I take the game out and show him Asphalt 7 briefly. I then show him that there's Instagram. I showed him how the store has music, movies and tv series. "Look, even Angry Birds " I continue . He says, and it's fast? "Well, I have all of this games running at the same time. "Can I see? He asked, I passed him the phone. He moved the camera in angry birds around, puts the phone in portrait mode. Swipes up, puts Batman, moves it around puts a smile in his face and says, wow it's so fast. They changed a lot, I wasn't expecting that. "Yeah, man, people still have the old BlackBerry stuck in their heads, and think this is the same. They made that OS from scratch, the app store was made from scratch, every app there was made from scratch" I said. He then goes. It's cause we don't have a live phone to play with so we don't know. Some customer return it the other day cause he said it was confusing or he didn't like it so that's the only thing I knew. I then said, oh look, you can do 360 panorama pictures, showed him the app and how you can see pictures in a 3D image by moving the phone around. He was really excited. I then made a picture in the store to show him and he saw himself (when pointing the phone exactly where he was). He was totally in shock. Then I went with the overkill and asked him if he had seen the time shift feature. To my surprise he said no. I was like, ufff just wait till you see that. You will be totally mind blown. I pulled the camera, asked him to blink a lot, take a picture. Without he seeing, I moved the time to where he had his eyes closed. I then show him the screen and say, you see, in a normal phone you would have to say, aww man, let me take the picture again. Not in here, I just tap your face, move the time to the right time and there, done. He just goes whaaaaaat!? Wow!! I continue saying, oh look, I then just click the picture, hit edit and here I can use filters or modify the picture, save it and that's it. But not only that, look. Pictures, I select that one, hit share, Facebook, put a comment, tag someone, hit upload and that's it. He just says, wow, that was so fast. Man, I apologize, I didn't know it could do any of that, my mind just changed about it. I mean, I have this phone, the iPhone 5 but I don't think it can do half of the things you can do in that one... wow... Have you seen the keyboard? He says no, looking a bit confused. I showed him how you can just flick words and how it seems that the phone is reading your mind he surely was amazed. I then showed him the peek which he didn't know about either. He was like, oh so you can be in there any app and just check your messages like that? Wow, really... I showed him how the light blinks and that when I'm in any app you can just peek into your messages. I showed him how fast the hub is, that you can fast swipe around like crazy and it responds that fast.

To say the least he was overly impressed.

You may think I exaggerated the story, but none of that. Go to Santa Fe Springs, California, next to the Chipotle Mexican Grill there's a T-Mobile store, in there you will find a guy named Victor, ask him what he thinks of the new BlackBerry Z10 and he will tell you some stories.

Posted via the best mobile OS
    Last edited by Douken; 06-01-13 at 01:13 PM.
    05-31-13 10:30 PM
    You know what would be cool is if when you peek the hub, you could put a second touch (left thumb maybe -- and hey why isn't the hub customizable for lefties?) and that second touch could take you directly to your account messages of choice. As it is now, if you go all the way to the hub, it takes you to the account you were at last, which can sometimes throw off your flow (and might bee the source of the confusion that a few new users seem to have) m also need custom icons for each account instead of one email icon that adds up the number of new messages of all of your email accounts.

Good story
    DJRikko and scrapmetal58 like this.
    05-31-13 10:40 PM
    Good story!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 10:45 PM
    Love that story!!!!
    05-31-13 10:54 PM
    I live near that store. I went there Looking for a case shortly after I got my phone, and the dude who helped me did not seem to know much of anything about the Z. I got my phone at the T-Mobile in Stonewood Mall, and the two guys I talked to were pretty hyped about the Z. They didn't know much about the phone because it was new and they had only had their demo phone for a few days, but the BlackBerry attitude there was good at that time.

You should check out Beach Buggy Blitz, if you don't have it. It's probably still free, and I have blown many minds letting people see how quick and smoothly that game plays. I've played some of my games through my HDMI cable too and there is absolutely no slowdown. Z10 is very impressive in that regard.

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    05-31-13 10:54 PM
    Well played. Hey BlackBerry, maybe you can use this as a T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T Rep training script....
    j21jam6 likes this.
    05-31-13 11:03 PM
    That is the most unrealistic story I have ever heard
    05-31-13 11:20 PM
    @cat: If you just swipe whatever you look at in the hub to the right when you're done, you'll be right back in the hub and you won't have to bother with going back the next time you use the hub.

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    05-31-13 11:27 PM
    Awesome story. I find that iPhone users are the most impressionable ones.... maybe because their phone's OS is built for simplicity. Android fans on the other hand, are a bit harder because Android is a more versatile OS than iOS and BB10. At the end of the day though the Z10 can win anyone if they are properly educated or shown on its advantages. It all starts with sales people.
    kthhrrsn and j21jam6 like this.
    06-01-13 12:03 AM
    It's what I say. People would fall in love with the phone if they just see what it does.

Marketing is everything. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone taught me that when I was a kid. Super Heavy marketing campaign. First movie, great box office success.

BlackBerry's marketing is like in the shadows.

One little commercial showing just the Time Shift being used by regular people in a realistic situation in national networks(CBS, ABC, etc.) for a 2 months is more than enough to gain momentum.

But if you have a great product and no one knows about it, you just have a rock in your hands.

Posted via
    kthhrrsn and j21jam6 like this.
    06-01-13 01:28 AM
    OP..You are to be commended for your good work for Blackberry... I enjoyed reading your post .. excellent effort!
    06-01-13 01:36 AM
    this is BRILLIANT! again, BB10 is about the EXPERIENCE. i repeat, the EXPERIENCE!

i realise it's somewhat difficult to actually show someone of how the BB10 experience is. how the Peek, the Hub, the Flow, the timeshift, the multitasking and the whole OS look like. even i also face the same thing everytime i meet someone and they start to yell on BB10. it's not BBRY's fault, it's just because BB10 is out a bit off the runway therefore it takes a while to grab people's attention of how the OS looks like.

keep up the good work!
    06-01-13 02:08 AM
    For you guys out there that want to show off what the BlackBerry Z10 can do there's an app called Show Off. It's like a review of the features in case you forget in the moment.

Posted via
    DJRikko and j21jam6 like this.
    06-01-13 02:19 AM
    What do you guys think about the BlackBerry marketing campaign?

Posted via
    06-01-13 01:13 PM
    Great post. They team at Blackberry can use your story and make about 5-6 marketing commercials from it. Hopefully they will read your post and get some ideas.
    06-05-13 09:51 AM
    How did you get Instagram on your Z10

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 12:13 PM
    OP, your story should turn into a BB commercial. kudos!
    anon5129477 likes this.
    06-16-13 12:25 PM
    It would be way cooler if you can switch apps with a unique gesture. Use an app then swipe up then to the left to switch to the other app you were previously using. Viola

Posted via CB10 Z10 STL 100-01
    06-16-13 12:33 PM
    Another thing you can do to impress people is to use the StoryMaker. Just pick a few pictures and a song, and it will make you an impressive presentation! I myself didn't know how great it was until a couple of days ago. I made a presentation from a friend's honeymoon pictures, and everybody thought I was a professional! When I told them the Z10 did all that, they all now want to buy one! Try it if you haven't before.

Posted via Z10
    trynacu2 and curvezzz like this.
    06-16-13 12:36 PM
    Another thing you can do to impress people is to use the StoryMaker. Just pick a few pictures and a song, and it will make you an impressive presentation! I myself didn't know how great it was until a couple of days ago. I made a presentation from a friend's honeymoon pictures, and everybody thought I was a professional! When I told them the Z10 did all that, they all now want to buy one! Try it if you haven't before.

Posted via Z10
    That's pretty cool feature that I like very much. I think BlackBerry should have ads focusing on one aspect of the phone. Story Maker will make a great ad: couple on vacation/honeymoon, lots of photos, slide show using Story Maker, friends over, connect to big screen TV.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 01:58 PM
    What do you guys think about the BlackBerry marketing campaign?

Posted via
    I think they generally suck. I was extremely disappointed in their Superbowl ad.

Keith. Posted by CB10.
    06-16-13 09:37 PM
    For you guys out there that want to show off what the BlackBerry Z10 can do there's an app called Show Off. It's like a review of the features in case you forget in the moment.

Posted via
    Thanks, I'm about to look for that. Is it free!??

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 10:52 PM

Posted via
    Awesome. I just downloaded it.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 10:55 PM
    Awesome! When coworkers even ask one question, I'm bombarding them with all the cool features. They're usually impressed.

Posted via Z10 Crackberry App
    06-16-13 11:04 PM
    How did you get Instagram on your Z10

Posted via CB10
    Check the side loading forums...its really easy. if you need any help hit me up. You can YouTube search goodereader,and they have a great instructional video.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 11:22 PM