I really love the features of this phone. I love the typing, the browsing, all of it.

But for a 650 euro phone targeted at professional use, there are things that are unacceptable.

Every night the phone reboots. Every night. And on average at least one time during the day. Very annoying. But I am willing to accept.

But the battery randomness.... it makes this phone completely unreliable. I have chargers everywhere : in the car, the office the bedroom, the kitchen table. Whenever I can, I charge. But when you go out full, leave it on the table because you are giving a presentation for 1 hour and then see that it completely discharged, that is unacceptable. And it is completely random. Sometimes this happens. Sometime the battery stays solid.

I have done all the tweaking to minimize consumption. I have 10.1 since 2 weeks, so it settled.

I give it 2 weeks to solve this. If not, I will throw it out. It breaks my heart, but I need it to work, not to play.

Anyone else as desperate as I am?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 05:14 PM
    I can attest that the nightly reboot problem is resolved in the 10.1.0.2xxx leaks. If it bothers you enough, load the leak now.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.1.0.2354)
    05-31-13 05:19 PM
    Get it back and take a new one, probably a bad series.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 05:20 PM
    It's reliability really is intermittent at best. It seems that I can use it for anything but when I got to map myself somewhere I really don't know or need to purchase from a website or make a quick call or reply to something important it manages to restart and leave me hanging

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 05:20 PM
    Never had a reboot ever. Battery hold complete day. Even 1,5 day!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 05:21 PM
    Get it back and take a new one, probably a bad series.

Posted via CB10
    Taking it back for the nightly reboot problem is a waste. It was software related.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.1.0.2354)
    05-31-13 05:21 PM
    This is TOTAL BULL S H I T

OK a few units might have been defective. And such units can be quickly replaced under warranty. But for you to come on here and claim the entire model run is defective and not suitable for professional use is TROLLING at its finest.

I call this a TROLL THREAD and hope the moderators will close it. It is quite clear that the vast majority of Z10's are functioning perfectly well.

No one called the iphone5 unsuitable for use when they had their mapping fiasco or their antenna fiasco. The defective units were replaced and the software glitches addressed. And BlackBerry is doing the same. Posting a thread like this is completely uncalled for.

You have been busted and REPORTED.
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 05-31-13 at 06:28 PM.
    nickdollimount likes this.
    05-31-13 05:25 PM
    Never had any of these problems, and neither have any of my employees since the Z10 was released in Canada

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 06:08 PM
    Never had any of these problems, and neither have any of my employees since the Z10 was released in Canada

Posted via CB10
    Neither have I had this problem. Not once. And my daughter has the Z10 and she hasn't had this random reboot problem once.

I feel for the folks who have had this sissue but there is a solution: call your carrier and get it dealt with instead of coming here online and trashing the entire product line just cuz you had the bad luck to get a defective unit.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 06:31 PM
    Some of you really have problems dealing with dissenting opinions I guess.

How can you ignore this problem when approx 25% of the threads here are about battery life and rebooting.

I don't know if I have a particular bad unit. At least the problems I have do not seem to be unique. I thought 10.1 would solve the problem. I have been patient. I will continue to be.

I love blackberry 's. Worked with blackberry since 2004 continuously. And the reason I liked every single blackberry phone is that they were bullet proof. Reliable battery, no freezing, no reboots.

Currently, blackberry is loosing this advantage. You can close your eyes for it, but not everyone can. I rely on this phone. But it is kind of hard now.

I hope things get sorted out quickly, I expect more from blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    06-01-13 02:25 AM

OK a few units might have been defective. And such units can be quickly replaced under warranty. But for you to come on here and claim the entire model run is defective and not suitable for professional use is TROLLING at its finest.

I call this a TROLL THREAD and hope the moderators will close it. It is quite clear that the vast majority of Z10's are functioning perfectly well.

No one called the iphone5 unsuitable for use when they had their mapping fiasco or their antenna fiasco. The defective units were replaced and the software glitches addressed. And BlackBerry is doing the same. Posting a thread like this is completely uncalled for.

Um really?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 03:24 AM
    Um really?

Posted via CB10
    Oh yes he did honey.

#postedwithaZ10 -- Foodie? Check out CBFN: Channel C0004E653
    06-01-13 03:33 AM
    Lol that guy is intense. The problem hasn't been addressed btw. Mine reboots all the time with 10.1.2009. I have had 3 z10s and all of them did that

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 03:37 AM
    I really love the features of this phone. I love the typing, the browsing, all of it.

But for a 650 euro phone targeted at professional use, there are things that are unacceptable.

Every night the phone reboots. Every night. And on average at least one time during the day. Very annoying. But I am willing to accept.

But the battery randomness.... it makes this phone completely unreliable. I have chargers everywhere : in the car, the office the bedroom, the kitchen table. Whenever I can, I charge. But when you go out full, leave it on the table because you are giving a presentation for 1 hour and then see that it completely discharged, that is unacceptable. And it is completely random. Sometimes this happens. Sometime the battery stays solid.

I have done all the tweaking to minimize consumption. I have 10.1 since 2 weeks, so it settled.

I give it 2 weeks to solve this. If not, I will throw it out. It breaks my heart, but I need it to work, not to play.

Anyone else as desperate as I am?

Posted via CB10
    The odd thing I see in your post is regarding the battery drain, that's extremely unusual, would make me think there maybe something faulty with the battery, these things happen.

Re the comment about 25% of threads being about random reboots, not a good judge since some are truly troll posts, some are users who started the same thread more then once. CB team did a poll in it though, so that will give a bit of a better idea on the reboots

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    06-01-13 03:39 AM

Drama Queen, there is nothing to see here, move on.
    06-01-13 04:37 AM
    I have had Blackberries since 2003 from companies I worked for. Privately I used everything from Windows mobile to Apple and Android. The Z10 is my first privately owned BlackBerry.

I can live with the reboots, have turned off sim PIN so hardly notice it especially as it got better since last update. But battery life is really annoying. I got an old BlackBerry from the company I currently work for and battery life is far better! However, it seems when the phone is on Wifi the battery life is substantially longer. But being on mobile network usually after 12 hours I have to swap batteries. When using my old HTC Sensation about 40% of battery are left at the same time.

I am on German O2 and have already switched off LTE, lowered background light, etc. At present I am not too happy with this situation.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 06:54 AM
    What are you trying to prove here? The rebooting issue EXISTS in my Z10 STL-100-2 model too. Don't need to say lepelz10 is TROLLING... We all want BB to succeed in addressing this issue and no body wants to bash BB here. Your model should be STL-100-3 and I really wonder whether the rebooting problem is related with hardware-software compatibility/integration. Intriguingly, some friends of mine with STL-100-1 don't have the rebooting problem at all.

06-01-13 08:09 AM

Relax... you blacksheep get so butthurt when even one negative thing is mentioned about the Z10/BB. I only know two others with Z10s and theirs all do the random reboot as well as mine. All from different carries purchased at completely different time. To say the whole model line is defective is ridiculous but to also say "a few" is just as ridiculous. Its actually sad to see a post like yours. Its just a brand in the end. There are more important things in life like manners and respect. Try it sometime.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 08:17 AM
    See my Random Reboot Survival Guide thread.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 11:29 AM
    At the suggestion of some I have upgraded to leak 1916. Up to now I am a happy trooper. We'll see

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 11:49 AM
    At the suggestion of some I have upgraded to leak 1916. Up to now I am a happy trooper. We'll see

Posted via CB10
    Hope that solves your issues. Oh and YOU HAVE BEEN REPORTED!!!! Lol jk
    06-01-13 11:55 AM
    Some people don't need caricatures
    Hope that solves your issues. Oh and YOU HAVE BEEN REPORTED!!!! Lol jk
    06-01-13 01:31 PM
    Hi all, I would like t share few details here. Yesterday I tried t reload my OS in STL-100-2 through BBlink. I was surprised to see OS version 10.1.0.1720 was loaded into my device. As many of you are aware that OS version 10.1.0.1720 is for STL-100-1 model . Please note, my service provider don't have any 4G service and I did reload the device with my SIM card in. Will that affect my OS version choice? How could BBlink loaded OS version 10.1.0.1720 int my STL-100-2 device. On the positive note, it has completely fixed my reboot issue (one/two times per day with previous OS). I haven't encountered any functionality defect so far. On the other hand, I was wondering whether the software-hardware incompatibility will cause problems? Here are the shots of my issue.

Rebooting and battery randomness making z10 unsuitable for prof use-pic2.jpg
    06-03-13 02:20 AM