Hey folks,

i recently watched upcoming this phone and liked the features..
    it has Sailfish OS but Android sideloadable, and also has multitasking feature like BlackBerry ( go to 3:40 time ).
    Videos are being played and also can be paused/started with swipe while playing on background..
    Let's watch and share your thoughts please.

05-31-13 04:45 PM
    It looks like they ripped off the BlackBerry flow but skirted the patent by making it vertical instead of horizontal. It looks very nice and modern, but I'll keep my Z10.
    Dude_9 likes this.
    05-31-13 04:52 PM
    Not to say I don't like the concepts of these OS's....but I don't think they'll be true competition for BB10. I say this only because all one has to do is look at BB. Even with all their resources and money, they still can't get the apps people want...what chances does a smaller company with a fraction of BB10's userbase have?
    danprown and FairlightRacing like this.
    05-31-13 05:00 PM
    like the UI and Concept a lot, but seeing people need 2 weeks+ to get used to easier gestures than snailfish OS.

of course there is a segment that will buy and use this OS, but it's a totally different story to get some serious business cases for such a new OS, get Carries on your side, have some money for marketing,...

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 05:37 PM
    This guy creeps me out.

And what the 4377 is a guess-ture?
    Essoo and eldricho like this.
    05-31-13 05:48 PM
    Without a major carrier willing to support this it will be doa. As it is des are having trouble keeping up with ios,android,bb,and Windows phone what makes you think they'll devote already limited resources to this.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 11:56 PM
    But does it have apps like Netflix, and Instagram, and Skype preloaded? Because, if I'm to believe a large number of users, this phone will fail miserably if it doesn't have these apps readily available.
    danprown and FairlightRacing like this.
    06-01-13 12:20 AM
    It looks like they ripped off the BlackBerry flow but skirted the patent by making it vertical instead of horizontal. It looks very nice and modern, but I'll keep my Z10.
    BB10 borrowed a lot of ideas from MeeGo Harmattan's (Jolla's predecessor) Swipe UI
    06-01-13 01:27 AM
    Sailfish is not a a Real Time OS, unlike BB10 and wasn't designed for embedded systems. Which a mobile phone is.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    06-01-13 01:53 AM
    Does look like a cool OS, but it really needs to catch people's attention to catch off and it also has the Firefox OS to worry about.
    BB10 seems way cooler to me tho
    06-01-13 02:17 AM
    i have an N9, and i'm very tempted.
    Louis Larsen likes this.
    06-02-13 04:14 PM
    Very cool but no threat to BlackBerry. It is always good to have competition so I wish them the best of luck. BES is still the BEST in the business. BlackBerry is ahead of them in many ways. A cool looking UI has not proven to be a game changer for BlackBerry and it will be even harder for Jolla without massive financial backing and developer support. There are many other platforms I will worry about but BB is ahead of the game for now.
    06-02-13 05:05 PM
    Another meego..will die soon to theaters near you!!!!

Z10, Indonesia
    06-02-13 06:12 PM
    Another meego..will die soon to theaters near you!!!!

Z10, Indonesia
    MeeGo was better than this. Sailfish does not do anything for me.
    06-04-13 08:47 AM
    There was only like one or 2 things I liked in there. The vowing of your Facebook albums in the picture viewer was cool. But that other stuff doesn't work. Sms and Facebook chats all in one. I wouldn't realize if I'm sending a txt or other type of message and that would probably frustrate me.

Auto Corrected by BlackBerry 10 via CB10
    06-06-13 04:00 PM
    If BB10 goes down will developers port their QML/Cascades apps to Jolla? Tizen and a few other mostly unknown OS systems use QML.
    jedibeeftrix likes this.
    08-13-13 02:25 PM
    There are some neat concepts here but I don't know how practical a lot are. Much of it just feels overly complicated.

BB10 did take a lot from Meego I will admit but I think they simplified the concepts for general use which still isn't even enough for many.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 02:52 PM
    Damn, I hate those transparent layer!
    danprown likes this.
    08-13-13 04:01 PM
    The funny thing is that you are saying threaten. Keep in mind that BlackBerry is working to stay above water. I don't think anybody is fighting for their spot. The competition BlackBerry faces is themselves.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 04:10 PM
    There are some neat concepts here but I don't know how practical a lot are. Much of it just feels overly complicated.

BB10 did take a lot from Meego I will admit but I think they simplified the concepts for general use which still isn't even enough for many.

Posted via CB10
    All the gestures in Sailfish and Meego are up/down/sideways ones. No up and over gestures or diagonal swipes. I don't see it as being overly complicated at all.

BB10 is not a simplified version of Meego either I don't think. Meego is simpler to use.

If you can use BB10 navigating Sailfish will be a breeze.

Jolla isn't a threat to BB. Their first target is to sell 100k phones. If it takes off it possibly could outsell the Z10 but not all BlackBerry devices combined. Who knows what will happen.

I can't wait until my Jolla phone arrives!

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 03:22 AM
    Remember when everyone was like: OH UBUNTU! UBUNTU!
    Well, here they are with 8 days left, and 22 million short of their goal. *slow applause*
    08-14-13 03:45 AM
    It was always a very, very ambitious target.
    The average user probably doesn't care much for dual booting phones or mobile computing.
    Besides, Sailfish is prettier! Lol
    The UI of Ubuntu didn't appeal to me.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 03:52 AM
    I actually really like the look of Sailfish OS. Yes, it's similar to BlackBerry 10, but I actually prefer some of Sailfish's UI elements, as well as their implementation of "interactive frames".

Unfortunately, I don't see Sailfish making in-roads in the US market, assuming it even comes here. Looking at BlackBerry's struggle to push BlackBerry 10 adoption and considering how much brand recognition BlackBerry has, it's difficult for me to picture an almost completely unknown company pushing sales with a similar OS.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 02:49 PM
    If BB10 fail. I probably move to Sailfish. Gesture and swipe is all i know.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 06:24 AM
    Is it possible to buy the first Jolla Sailfish phone in the US, new from Jolla?

I keep seeing people mentioning that they pre-ordered one, but I must have missed that news. I'd like to buy one if possible.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    08-19-13 06:55 AM
52 123