So am I being unrealistic? I burned through -2- LS-1s yesterday. I turned my phone on at 7:00AM, had to switch out at 1:30PM and battery # 2 was dying at around 5:40.

In my area of legal practice, I am in court alot. I usually start the day with receiving 48-60 emails and texts, and through the AM court calendar, can usually expect 60+ more, along with about 20 phone calls (not counting being on hold on average for 3 minutes), as well as surfing to the website for the court system for calendaring and . .yes. . an occasional glare at Facebook.

So should I: a) by a third battery? b) go to the high capacity imports?

I notice within seconds of turning on the phone in the AM, the battery is at 92% which I will guess is from all the emails in the AM. When I get to court at 9:30, I usually am at 75% or less.

Just FYI I am on ATT, WiFi and Bluetooth are off, so is NFC. I now have the screen brightness at the lowest setting and have the screen off in 1 minute. If I "downgrade" to a lower "G" signal, I can't seem to get calls or emails (so that option is useless). No, I do not run apps in the background.

Any suggestions?
    05-31-13 09:01 AM
    I do not have a Z10 yet, but if you are in court, as inside of a building, you may have some app that is checking your location via GPS (such as a local weather app, a "where you are" social media app, or the likes). If the GPS system can't get a satellite fix, it may be continuing to try and running the battery down doing it.
    05-31-13 09:22 AM
    I recently purchased this one http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=53735609946 and so far, I am loving it. The first full charge I got 36 solid hours out of it. Wasn't one of my heavier days though. I'm expecting no less than 24 hours on heavy days.
    05-31-13 09:27 AM
    So am I being unrealistic? I burned through -2- LS-1s yesterday. I turned my phone on at 7:00AM, had to switch out at 1:30PM and battery # 2 was dying at around 5:40.

In my area of legal practice, I am in court alot. I usually start the day with receiving 48-60 emails and texts, and through the AM court calendar, can usually expect 60+ more, along with about 20 phone calls (not counting being on hold on average for 3 minutes), as well as surfing to the website for the court system for calendaring and . .yes. . an occasional glare at Facebook.

So should I: a) by a third battery? b) go to the high capacity imports?

I notice within seconds of turning on the phone in the AM, the battery is at 92% which I will guess is from all the emails in the AM. When I get to court at 9:30, I usually am at 75% or less.

Just FYI I am on ATT, WiFi and Bluetooth are off, so is NFC. I now have the screen brightness at the lowest setting and have the screen off in 1 minute. If I "downgrade" to a lower "G" signal, I can't seem to get calls or emails (so that option is useless). No, I do not run apps in the background.

Any suggestions?

No apps like Hub++ or anything like that?

The constant emails could have something to do with it, but with the issues you are describing, I think there is something else going on.

Ok, so no known running apps, what apps do you have installed?

In the past, Ive noticed that the ebay and skype app even though not "open" and running on an active tile state, were actually still active in the backround. That def. took a toll on my battery life. I used to have hub++ running all the time as well, but found that was my main cause of bad battery life.
    05-31-13 09:29 AM
    What's your screen brightness set to? I tried max yesterday and I also burned through two batteries where usually one gets me through the day with 20% to spare.

I think screen brightness has the biggest impact on the battery out of any of the power saving variables.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 09:34 AM
    Do you turn off wifi when in court. In Kentucky, most of the courthouses are pretty substantial buildings. You can hook up to wifi from the law library but where you are may be completely different. It could be searching for a wifi signal.
    05-31-13 09:42 AM
    I do not have a Z10 yet, but if you are in court, as inside of a building, you may have some app that is checking your location via GPS (such as a local weather app, a "where you are" social media app, or the likes). If the GPS system can't get a satellite fix, it may be continuing to try and running the battery down doing it.
    I do have a weather app, but location services are disabled too. But I will double check.
    05-31-13 10:05 AM
    I have it off all day.
    05-31-13 10:06 AM
    No hub++, no active tiles. So a mystery. . .
    05-31-13 10:06 AM
    How is this in changing the shape of the phone? Is this way heavier? And how does the back feel?
    05-31-13 10:07 AM
    No hub++, no active tiles. So a mystery. . .
    What apps DO you have installed?
    05-31-13 10:11 AM
    ATT Stock Apps, Weather Channel, BxBattery Pro, flashlight, gasbuddy, Crackberry (as is required!).
    05-31-13 10:21 AM
    Maybe a car charger is in order

Posted via CB10
    Mattster723 likes this.
    05-31-13 10:22 AM
    My battery dud the same thing the other day, got really hot and was gone after 4 hours. I let it completely drain, took the battery out for a few mins. And I haven't had a problem since then.

I also had taken my email accounts off 30 min sync and chsnged.to.4-24 hours, after reading it can effect the battery.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 10:23 AM
    Your usage is very very heavy. Plus you may be in an area with bad signal which puts strain on the battery.

Posted via CB10
    bluetroll and Mattster723 like this.
    05-31-13 10:40 AM
    How is this in changing the shape of the phone? Is this way heavier? And how does the back feel?
    It would def. widen the design of the phone by a little, I dont think the added weight would be very noticeable.

As suggested above, have you/do you turn wifi off when you are in court? Constant signal searching is a big killer, screen brightness will add to that.

As for the email sync, it sounds like you need them asap and cannot afford to change the sync timing(from 15min-30/60).

Do you have the stock OS, or you running any of the leaks?
    05-31-13 10:43 AM
    Do you have Gestures when Locked enabled? I've found disabling that helps with battery life. Are you on a 10.1 OS yet? 20 phone calls is a lot.

What was your device prior to the Z10 to compare with?
    05-31-13 10:46 AM
    I have a similar problem... with AT&T... My unprofessional opinion there is something in their systems and on their devices that when you are on low or weak signal the phone just discharges battery like crazy. I have a 9900 and a Z10 both on AT&T and when I am at the office my battery drops at a normal rate at or below 50% by the end of an 8 hour day. When I get home, my batteries will die in less than 3 hours with NO USE at all. Especially my 9900... the Z10 will make it longer, if I don't use it. If I do use the z10, 3 maybe 4 hours. Which I know sounds like what is he complaining about he gets 11 hours on his phone(s)... but I'm not using them during those 3 hours and I am a moderate/medium user to begin with.

This phenomena doesn't just happen at home, but anywhere my AT&T signal is terrible.

As a comparison, currently my roommate has an iPhone 4 on Sprint and still gets crap reception in the apartment, but the battery does not drain like both my BB's do.

Sometimes its just aggravating to pick a phone up that you haven't been using only to find that it has shutting down due to low battery.

I definitely find this to be an AT&T problem on the 4G side. I had a 3G Torch prior to the Z10 upgrade and never EVER had this problem...

WiFi is always on, but connection is always stable.
    05-31-13 10:59 AM
    Oh I have that, but since I take the subway, that won't help here. My car is nicely being cared for in a parking lot to help the economy . . .
    05-31-13 11:06 AM
    I though that too, but both batteries were drained numerous times. My phone gets way hot too.
    05-31-13 11:07 AM
    I have ATT z10, with their first update only, no leaked OS's. Wifi is off, so is bluetooth (unless I am in my car or in the office); in comparison I had a 9900 which lasted about 7-8 hours on a charge before switching out the battery.

So really the question that I guess I should next ask is (being that everyone seems to think this is normal for a heavy user):

a) buy a 2300 battery?

b) buy the 4500 battery with the extended case?

c) get a third LS-1?

d) Cover my suits in photoelectric solar cells with a wire connected to the Z10?
    BigManRonnie likes this.
    05-31-13 11:13 AM
    I have ATT z10, with their first update only, no leaked OS's. Wifi is off, so is bluetooth (unless I am in my car or in the office); in comparison I had a 9900 which lasted about 7-8 hours on a charge before switching out the battery.

So really the question that I guess I should next ask is (being that everyone seems to think this is normal for a heavy user):

a) buy a 2300 battery?

b) buy the 4500 battery with the extended case?

c) get a third LS-1?

d) Cover my suits in photoelectric solar cells with a wire connected to the Z10?
    Well as much as I do like option D, I dont think the courts security section would like that...

Next to the wifi being switched off, id say go for the bigger battery- option B Keep at least one in your car charging at all times. If you get a recess in court, and the battery is low. At least you have a piece of mind that one is always charging in the car as you cycle through them.

This is a strange issue, I am on ATT myself but I do not suffer like you do here. I do notice the signal is "iffy" comes and goes alot and not sure why (area is open and coverage should ALWAYS be here).

Food for thought- I did have a data monitor app at one point, that even though wasnt running. I found took a toll on the battery as well.
    Mattster723 likes this.
    05-31-13 11:24 AM
    This certainly won't solve your problem, but may help somewhat... Go to settings > Security and Privacy > Diagnostics. Turn off "Send Diagnostics and usage data. I saw this tip in one of the forums. It seems to give me about an extra 10% over the course of the day.

I think your best solution may be to switch to the Q10 as soon as it's available. As a test case for my company, I've been running it for about a week. I've been getting a full 2 days from it. My usage is probably about 2/3 of yours. So, you may get a full day from it. With a spare battery, you would likely be fine. Just a thought. Good luck.
    Mattster723 likes this.
    05-31-13 11:28 AM
    My guesstimate is that your signal is weak in the courthouse. There were some signal booster apps for older devices but I am not sure about availability for the Z10.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    Mattster723 likes this.
    05-31-13 11:36 AM
    It's a little bit thicker. Not much heavier. Stays cooler and lasts longer. No case support though, only pouches
    05-31-13 11:37 AM
45 12