I have notices that when I have Data Services option enabled in Settings the battery is drained very quickly - for about 30-40% from the full charge during the night in bedside mode. The phone is just restored to factory settings, no additional apps installed. No accounts added (the Hub is empty). It seems that the phone keeps data connection opened all the time, but for what? After disabling Data Services battery lives for about 2-3 days.
    When Data Services are enabled, I have always 'H' or 'E' letter at the right top corner and 'h' or 'e' when disabled. Does the capital letters mean that the phone uses data connection?
    Does anyone know how to fix such behavior?
    05-31-13 06:26 AM
    Yeah I hate 4g, it eats away at my battery, i tend to keep it on the GSM network which is Edge, i can't get 3g for some reason.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-31-13 06:33 AM
    On AT&T LTE I don't have that much of a drain over night, 10% is about average for me. I am in an area where I have a full single though, and I do know when I went back home for the weekend a few weeks back my battery did not last as long. I was on AT&T 4G, and only had about 2 bars. The phone still worked great, just less battery life. But if you disable data services you don't get MMS or voice mail even when connected to WiFi. So just adjust your day accordingly knowing you will have to charge it. It isn't just a BlackBerry thing, ask anyone with any smart phone, they all have the same issues.
    05-31-13 07:56 AM
    The fact that Z10 holding active data connection for some reason annoying me. I want that it should check my accounts updates hourly and no more
    05-31-13 08:15 AM
    The fact that Z10 holding active data connection for some reason annoying me. I want that it should check my accounts updates hourly and no more
    Alexander, have you fixed this issue yet? Or found the culprit to the data drain?

I am having a similar issue......

Regards,

Jory
    06-07-13 05:53 PM
    On AT&T LTE I don't have that much of a drain over night, 10% is about average for me. I am in an area where I have a full single though, and I do know when I went back home for the weekend a few weeks back my battery did not last as long. I was on AT&T 4G, and only had about 2 bars. The phone still worked great, just less battery life. But if you disable data services you don't get MMS or voice mail even when connected to WiFi. So just adjust your day accordingly knowing you will have to charge it. It isn't just a BlackBerry thing, ask anyone with any smart phone, they all have the same issues.
    if you get on to wifi you'll still get the data running. only the airplane mode disables wifi
    06-07-13 07:33 PM
    set the sync interval of your emails/cals/contacts to a lesser time, say, once every 2-4 hours instead of 15/30 mins. set PUSH to on for emails, and set 24 hrs for cals/calendars. you'll notice the impact.
    06-07-13 07:35 PM
    If your using Outlook / Hotmail you can disable PUSH and emails will still come through, suggest you sync other contacts and calender as previously suggested
    06-08-13 12:30 AM