Guys, I've had oodles of Blackberry's but have always been disappointed at the way they interact with Apple computers. I've never been able to install leaks, or have the proper Blackberry experience because the previous Desktop Manager was always behind for the Mac and the new Link software is devil spawn.

I've got a Q10 arriving hopefully Monday, and I'd like to give it a real proper chance to succeed, and I think to do that I have to bite the bullet and get a Windows PC. We only have Apple computers and tablets in the house, and I can't use the PC's at the office for security reasons.

What are your recommendations? Stay away from Windows 8? Or is it OK. I was hoping to get a reasonable laptop/ultrabook that would be just about dedicated to working with my Q10. Budget would be about $700 I guess.
    05-31-13 03:48 AM
    Actually, would a Microsoft Surface Pro do the job? Could you load leaks etc on that?
    05-31-13 06:15 AM
    you can even install windows on a mac - no need for new Hardware...

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    05-31-13 06:21 AM
    you can even install windows on a mac - no need for new Hardware...

Posted via CB10
    I've heard/read that it doesn't work properly. I'll check that out, thank you.
    05-31-13 06:23 AM
    If you have seen the new features on windows 8.1. You can have a boot to desktop option etc and tones more of customization. Yea if the Mac thing doesn't work then I recommend a Intel haswell tablet with win 8.1 in it. If you don't know what haswell is, its a processor succeeding ivy bridge, it inclides much more longer battery life on i5, i3 and i7 core processors and also better performance than ivy bridge
    kevinnugent likes this.
    05-31-13 06:27 AM
    I've been impressed by the ASUS line of ultrabooks. The build quality is excellent and the prices are competitive.
    05-31-13 07:39 AM
    What exactly do you need from your ultrabook?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 07:47 AM
    I've heard/read that it doesn't work properly. I'll check that out, thank you.
    You can use bootcamp. Some things don't function great, like the trackpad. But Windows 7 itself performs 100% the same as on a PC.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    05-31-13 09:02 AM
    What exactly do you need from your ultrabook?

Posted via CB10
    Lmostly just a portable device that will work with the q10 and allow me to load leaks etc.
    05-31-13 09:30 AM
    Any of the Ultrabooks from the major manufactures such as Dell, HP, Lenovo, are quite nice. (ASUS or ACER as well) A touch screen and Windows 8 would be a bonus.

Bootcamp on the MAC would get you running Windows or you could go the virtulization route with VMWARE Fusion or Parallels both work great and allows you to run OSX and Windows at the same time, and drag and drop files between them.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    05-31-13 03:51 PM
    Any of the Ultrabooks from the major manufactures such as Dell, HP, Lenovo, are quite nice. (ASUS or ACER as well) A touch screen and Windows 8 would be a bonus.

Bootcamp on the MAC would get you running Windows or you could go the virtulization route with VMWARE Fusion or Parallels both work great and allows you to run OSX and Windows at the same time, and drag and drop files between them.
    As I do more research, I'm reading that Bootcamp 5 will handle Windows 8 and work OK. VMware and Parralels not so much.
    05-31-13 04:30 PM
    Well, good old JB HiFi (Australian gadget store) were feeling generous today. I got a Toshiba U940 Ultrabook this morning, and its a beauty. I cannot make heads nor tails out of Windows 8 though.... Will pick it up in time no doubt.
    06-01-13 12:01 AM
    Well, good old JB HiFi (Australian gadget store) were feeling generous today. I got a Toshiba U940 Ultrabook this morning, and its a beauty. I cannot make heads nor tails out of Windows 8 though.... Will pick it up in time no doubt.
    Good choice also you should check windows 8.1's features. So much better

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/30/microsoft-windows-8-1-unveiled/
    06-01-13 06:23 AM