With my Verizon Torch 9850 I had unlimited data and broadband connect for $15.
    I understood that by bring my own Z10 to Verizon I could continue in the grandfathered plan.
    Verizon tells me the "data" is grandfather in but that they cannot set up the "broadband".
    Can anyone add any understanding to this?
    05-30-13 10:31 PM
    With my Verizon Torch 9850 I had unlimited data and broadband connect for $15.
    I understood that by bring my own Z10 to Verizon I could continue in the grandfathered plan.
    Verizon tells me the "data" is grandfather in but that they cannot set up the "broadband".
    Can anyone add any understanding to this?
    From the description of Broadband Connect by Verizon Wireless, it sounds like Broadband Connect is a legacy (but still supported) data feature for EV-DO devices and not LTE devices. When Verizon launched LTE devices, it was maintained that users will need to switch to a new "compatible" data plane (as in "metered" and not unlimited). If you switch from the 3G-only BlackBerry Torch 9850 smartphone to an LTE-capable BlackBerry 10 device (such as a BlackBerry Z10), you may either be required to switch plans to one that allows for LTE access or, in the alternative, you may not be able to get LTE access with your grandfathered plan. Currently, Verizon doesn't offer unlimited data plans and certainly not unlimited hotspot access. You may want to push back on Verizon but just getting Verizon to let you keep the unlimited data is already a big success on your part. It's also possible that Verizon will let you keep the unlimited data and Broadband Access but only at EV-DO speeds.

Please see Verizon's web page at: Mobile Broadband Connect FAQs | Verizon Wireless

PS: Welcome to CrackBerry Forums!
    05-30-13 10:45 PM
    Pay full price and you can keep unlimited data. Pay $30 and they will move you to unlimited 4G hotspot. Be warned, unless you have at least 4 bars the speed is not great.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 06:41 PM
    Yeah, I found that Verizon would extend unlimited data (email & internet) but I would have to pay 30 bucks for unlimited hotspot/tethering.
    After playing with the Z10 a few days I reverted back to the 9850 and unlimited data & hotspot I had was reinstated. I just could not find enough merit in the Z10 to justify the $30. I use the hotspot/tethering quite often and watch movies on my computer with it. Z10 doesn't offer enough to make me want to pay the extra money.
    06-14-13 01:04 AM
    On a "shared data plan" with Verizon we get hotspot free on both Z10's. New contract. Transplants from Sprint.
    07-13-13 05:19 AM