Three weeks ago I updated my Z10 to the official 10.1.0.273, which made me very happy, as an os update should. Most of the time I am on a wifi router so it took me a little while to realize that my connection symbols when not on wifi were all in lower case. I then realized I had no data unless I was on wifi. I contacted Telus and after some further investigation concluded that the APN was missing from the last software update. No big deal, I thought. I'm on wifi a lot and I know BlackBerry will fix this ASAP. I contacted BlackBerry via twitter and they passed the buck to Telus, claiming it was their issue. I then got a hold of a Telus rep who called BlackBerry with me on the phone. They confirmed it was a missing APN in the software, and that they had no ETA as to when a fix is expected. They also told me not to downgrade to the previous version because that has made the issue worse in most cases. So here I sit, three weeks and counting with no data. I can't help but feel let down by BlackBerry. I've been a long time user, stuck with them through thick and thin. I've had multiple issues with previous devices and even this current device and still defended them when my iPhone and Samsung friends took shots, but I'm but I'm beginning to get tired of the issues. Just wondering of anybody else has experienced this problem and if anyone can give me any advice on what I should do?

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 08:38 PM
    Try one of the most stable leaks that are found in the OS forums. Technically you are upgrading OS, not down grading.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 09:03 PM
    Besides. If an upgrade / downgrade is a problem you can simply security wipe your device and start over.

Real worst case scenario you install na STL-001 OS on your STL-003 and need to debrick.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 09:06 PM
    I've never used a leaked os, and when I mentioned it to the Telus rep she highly advice me not to take that route for the same reason they said not to downgrade. I'm really stuck with this situation.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 05:57 AM
    I've never used a leaked os, and when I mentioned it to the Telus rep she highly advice me not to take that route for the same reason they said not to downgrade. I'm really stuck with this situation.

Posted via CB10
    It just depends on how much your willing to trust a blood sucking TELUS rep.

They will always tell you not to upgrade / downgrade. Because if you do your on an unsupported OS.

But what other options do you have?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 06:55 AM
    Most of the time I am on a wifi router so it took me a little while to realize that my connection symbols when not on wifi were all in lower case. I then realized I had no data unless I was on wifi.
    I don't understand this especially the lower case symbols. I can shut off wifi (Telus z10 .273) and surf the net just fine on LTE or HSPA. I do have the 50meg data limit on but I don't experience any other restriction.
    I'm a noob at this stuff so I'd really like to understand the difference here.
    05-31-13 08:17 AM
    I don't understand this especially the lower case symbols. I can shut off wifi (Telus z10 .273) and surf the net just fine on LTE or HSPA. I do have the 50meg data limit on but I don't experience any other restriction.
    50 mb monthly limit!?! Leave data off my friend. You will easily blow over that limit and spend tonnes on overage charges. Stick to wifi or get a decent data plan.

Posted via CB10
    doggy10 and kbz1960 like this.
    05-31-13 09:08 AM
    When an APN is missing from the os you cannot use any mobile data. Meaning unless I am on wifi I can only receive texts and make phone calls.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 09:47 AM
    It just depends on how much your willing to trust a blood sucking TELUS rep.

They will always tell you not to upgrade / downgrade. Because if you do your on an unsupported OS.

But what other options do you have?

Posted via CB10
    So you think I should try a leaked os?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 09:49 AM
    Upgrade to the latest leak .2354 it's fantastic

Posted via CB10
    cdnrower likes this.
    05-31-13 09:53 AM
    Lol it's Telus not the phone. Had this problem but ask bell to fix it.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 09:59 AM
    So you think I should try a leaked os?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah,

The APN settings are stored on your SIM card and retrieved as is by bbry.

This isn't a known problem and the technical signs say it's a Telus issue. Which means it may never be fixed for you.

But right now your phones not much use. So I would backup + upgrade so at least you can try to fix it yourself. If it doesn't help you can always do a security wipe and go back to your current OS.

But carrier reps usually know very little about the phones and how they work. They just know the company policies.

Posted via CB10
    EchoesFX likes this.
    05-31-13 10:13 AM
    Yeah,

The APN settings are stored on your SIM card and retrieved as is by bbry.

This isn't a known problem and the technical signs say it's a Telus issue. Which means it may never be fixed for you.

But right now your phones not much use. So I would backup + upgrade so at least you can try to fix it yourself. If it doesn't help you can always do a security wipe and go back to your current OS.

But carrier reps usually know very little about the phones and how they work. They just know the company policies.

Posted via CB10
    Ok thanks for the advice. I think I will try it and hope for the best.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 10:19 AM
    When an APN is missing from the os you cannot use any mobile data. Meaning unless I am on wifi I can only receive texts and make phone calls.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, thanks. Now considering we both have the same phone and same OS from Telus, it seems odd that I can use my 1 gig of data without issue yet you can't. I have the 70 dollar plan with 1 gig shared and unlimited text and local calling.
    APN setting has sp.telus.com the other fields are blank.
    Good luck with this.
    06-01-13 05:39 AM
    There is another thread here talking about the same problem of the missing TELUS apn and in that thread a proposed solution was to manually input the apn using the escreen. An article on here has instructions on accessing the escreen:
    How to access the engineering (Help Me!) screen on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    sonic_reducer likes this.
    06-01-13 06:50 AM
    I can't enter anything in those fields. It's blank and grayed out. I wish it were that easy. Best part is I'm getting absolutely no response from BlackBerry. That's probably the most frustrating part of this all.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 07:04 AM
    Yup. Those are read from the SIM card now and locked to the SIM.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 09:17 AM
    There is another thread here talking about the same problem of the missing TELUS apn and in that thread a proposed solution was to manually input the apn using the escreen. An article on here has instructions on accessing the escreen:
    How to access the engineering (Help Me!) screen on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    The escreen offers no fix for my APN issue.

Posted via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    06-01-13 03:29 PM
    I had this exact problem and played around with the ESCREEN (refer to above post for instructions on how to enter ESCREEN)

This word for me:

Once Escreen, go to GENERAL RADIO and add sp.telus.com in the SET APN NAME field.

Then scroll down to ANTENNA DIVERSITY. Select that. Once in, change LTE ANTENNA DIVERSITY to Primary and Secondary. Back out to the previous screen and hit RESET MODEM.

Hope this will work for you.

Posted via CB10
    sosof, bgregory902 and KermEd like this.
    06-01-13 08:42 PM
    I had this exact problem and played around with the ESCREEN (refer to above post for instructions on how to enter ESCREEN)

This word for me:

Once Escreen, go to GENERAL RADIO and add sp.telus.com in the SET APN NAME field.

Then scroll down to ANTENNA DIVERSITY. Select that. Once in, change LTE ANTENNA DIVERSITY to Primary and Secondary. Back out to the previous screen and hit RESET MODEM.

Hope this will work for you.

Posted via CB10
    This actually worked! Thank you so much! I don't know who you are and this may sound weird but you are my favorite person in the world right now!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 09:01 PM
    I had the same problem and just got it working too! Thanks everyone!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 10:19 PM
    Btw is there any way I can load the leaked Os with a mac pleaseeeeee

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 10:21 PM
    Excellent! Glad it worked for you. I thought it was a fluke for me. I had this problem for the past 4 days and was about to give up until I found this message thread and figured I try out this Escreen thingy. I then just messed around with the settings for a few minutes. Eventually finding a possible solution.

So I hope this fix is permanent, and doesn't mess anything up. Lol. I'm just happy to have LTE back on my Telus account.

A second method that also worked was to insert a T-Mobile SIM into my unlocked z10. The T-Mobile dim will populate the APN upon boot up. Now take out the battery and swap the T-Mobile sim with your Telus SIM. Turn z10 on. This method was only good for a day before loosing data connection with Telus.

(FYI -With the T-Mobile SIM, you can also manually enter the APN).

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 11:05 PM
    Turns out that you will lose your data connection if you restart your phone. Guess this was not a permanent fix.

Boo

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 11:51 PM
    Just quickly went back to the escreen:// and repeated the process. Back in business.

Just annoying to have to enter ESCREEN after every reboot.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 11:57 PM
62 123