Hello,

I hope everyone is well. I am having a strange problem with my Q10 web browser. When I use the browser, it freezes up after browsing 4 or 5 web pages. The browser becomes unresponsive and or the blue progress bar hangs shortly before loading the page. I try clearing out the History as well as the cookies and other data and it does not fix the problem. I restart the phone and that also does not seem to help. The only way to fix the problem is to pull the battery. Once I pull the battery it freezes up after browsing 4 or 5 pages. I wiped the device 3 times and even set it back up again without restoring the data from a backup. I even tried a suggestion in another post to clear my recycle bin. None of the above mentioned have worked for me. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this happen?

Thanks in advance!
    05-30-13 03:08 PM
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know I have figured out the browser problem. In another post it was suggested to connect your Q10 to your computer and clear the recycle bin to fix the problem. I tried this on my Mac by clearing the "Trash" bin and it did not fix the problem. I just connected my Q10 to my wife's Windows computer and cleared the "Recycle Bin". After I did that the browser was working perfectly again. No idea why it would not work on a mac but it fixed the problem using a Windows computer.

Thanks
    05-30-13 03:31 PM
    where is the recycle bin if connecting to a win pc?

Q10 via CB10
    05-30-13 03:53 PM
    Hello Alpha Beta Gaga,

My wife's laptop uses Windows XP. If you click on start it is in the menu once it expands. As for the latest Windows operating system, I have no idea as I have never had the chance to use it.

Thanks,

where is the recycle bin if connecting to a win pc?

Q10 via CB10
    05-30-13 04:31 PM
    ah ok! I thought you meant there was a recycle bin on the q10
    05-30-13 04:34 PM
    This has happened to me as well after upgrading my Q10 to 10.1.0.2309. Restarting the device didn't help, so I guess it must be related to something that's stored on flash. I went through the browser settings again and found that under Developer Tools the Disk Cache was enabled. Disabling that immediately cleared the problem for me.
    06-16-13 11:53 AM
    Well, I jinxed myself by repeatedly posting I have had no problems with my Q10. My browser is now also hanging and not loading pages. What exactly is the Disk Cache and what actually happens when it is disabled? Is it optimal to run the browser with this disabled (or preferred)?
    Last edited by Emaderton3; 06-25-13 at 11:51 AM. Reason: clarification
    06-25-13 11:45 AM
    I did a battery pull. Did not help the situation. Browser still hanging. Interestingly, if I open the weather app, it says no data connection. Yet, I am connected via wifi and the Verizon network. My two email accounts, texting, and Crackberry app work fine. Could someone please help? I have SQN100-2 from Verizon with software release 10.1.0.2011 and OS Version 10.1.0.2038.

Just switched disk cache off, but that made no difference.
    06-25-13 12:31 PM
    Wow. My browser started hanging and freezing on me. Very disappointed. Kind of hoped the new BlackBerry wouldn't have these problems.
    These r the types of things that should NEVER happen on the bb10. Doesn't happen on Apple or android.
    any more ideas. I've cleared history and cache.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 06:07 PM
    This has started happening to me to since Sunday

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 06:26 PM
    Search the forums for "frozen browser" and follow the second set of instructions. Homepage needs to be cleared and reset. Worked well.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 06:33 PM
    06-25-13 11:13 PM
    Switch off the Wifi and Turn of the data connection.. Open the browser and Clear the History and cookies.. Turn wifi and and data connections on and All problems will be sorted Worked!!
    Daniel McElhinney likes this.
    07-09-13 06:15 AM
    rishabharora wrote:
    Switch off the Wifi and Turn of the data connection.. Open the browser and Clear the History and cookies.. Turn wifi and and data connections on and All problems will be sorted Worked!!

Tried all the other suggestions, this one worked.
    07-26-13 10:51 AM
    Hi all,

Tried all of the above, just cannot get into the (...) settings/options to even access the option to clear cache etc. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
    07-30-13 07:12 AM
    Hi all,

Tried all of the above, just cannot get into the (...) settings/options to even access the option to clear cache etc. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
    With the browser open, swipe up into the Active Frame view. Long hold on the X for the browser frame, hold your finger there until the frame disappears. The browser app icon should grey out for 1-2 seconds, then reset itself. Now open the browser again; are you able to access the overflow menu?

Doesn't happen on Apple or android.
    Of course it does. I've had both of their browsers freeze up on me.
    07-30-13 07:29 AM
    Thanks, but unfortunately not "greying out"
    07-30-13 07:41 AM
    How long are you keeping your finger down?
    07-30-13 07:49 AM
    until "home screen" is back
    07-30-13 08:42 AM
    nothing worked for me. had to do a full wipe
    i thought the browser was just ok because i had problems using a few important sites that i use but after the freezing i got to say i am kind of disappointed with it. the only positive experience i had with it was the use of the keyboard shortcuts.
    08-02-13 01:02 AM
    This is pretty bad. Has anyone noticed this happening after the new update was applied?

From the 9700 Bold2 to a Q10 via CB10
    08-02-13 09:27 AM
    I should have purchased an iPhone when I had the chance. My web browser is constantly freezing. I use max safe browser in place of the garbage native browser, but there are limitations from these third party browsers.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 11:47 PM
    Look people yes the browser has some funky freezing issue every now again. I'm sure the Berry is working on a fix. I've probably had mine freeze about ten times or so.

I'm not sure if BBM screen share would work for me to show you how to fix this on your device. But if so let's get it done. You can fix this.

Posted via a ZeDex or PlayaBook
    08-02-13 11:53 PM
    I started having Blackberry browser problems on my Q10 a couple of weeks ago. I had not yet tried any of the fixes recommended above, and I noticed that Blackberry had a software Update 10.1.0.4189. I don't remember what update version I had before, but after installing the update and restarting the Q10, it works fine again...for now.
    09-08-13 11:51 AM