This began happening a month ago.

It was a cold morning, as usual I took my phone out to browse Reddit on way to work, I realized that it had no mobile data connection, so I made sure that data service is enabled and tried to connect 4G, 3G and 2G networks, no luck. I thought my carrier might have a network outage.

Later that day, it still refuses to connect to mobile network, I thought I better do something about it. Felt like hacking so I went to engineering screen and looked around, there was one item caught my attention "GSM SERV DOMAIN", for some reason it was left blank. I manually changed it to "Any" and mobile connection went Online.

I thought that would be it, but no, it happened again on the next day - "GSM SERV DOMAIN" is reset to blank every time I reboot the phone, so I always have to manually set it to "Any" in order to get mobile data connection.

Few weeks ago, I wiped it and installed OS 10.1 update, but the problem is still there.

Although I can manually correct the option every time I reboot the phone, but does anybody know a more permanent solution?

The option is in 3GPP radio -> GCF section.
    05-29-13 11:58 PM
    Try running a diagnostic on the mobile connection.

Other than that ensure you're not roaming (due to your connection setting for "any") and contact your provider in tier 2/3 and have them look over your account for your phone line and the network switch or whatever their calling it now. Basically a thorough look over. If it's serious enough they'll probably have you swap out your SIM card or even have an engineer 'clone' your line to troubleshoot in the areas you're having issues. Well maybe not THAT far but they'll dig deep into the network provisioning to see what the hell is really going on.
    hzguo likes this.
    05-30-13 12:41 AM
    Let us know the prognosis on this ... very curious to know what the root cause and solution was.
    Cheers.
    05-30-13 08:25 PM

It was a cold morning, as usual I took my phone out to browse Reddit on way to work, I realized that it had no mobile data connection, so I made sure that data service is enabled and tried to connect 4G, 3G and 2G networks, no luck. I thought my carrier might have a network outage.

Later that day, it still refuses to connect to mobile network, I thought I better do something about it. Felt like hacking so I went to engineering screen and looked around, there was one item caught my attention "GSM SERV DOMAIN", for some reason it was left blank. I manually changed it to "Any" and mobile connection went Online.

I thought that would be it, but no, it happened again on the next day - "GSM SERV DOMAIN" is reset to blank every time I reboot the phone, so I always have to manually set it to "Any" in order to get mobile data connection.

Few weeks ago, I wiped it and installed OS 10.1 update, but the problem is still there.

Although I can manually correct the option every time I reboot the phone, but does anybody know a more permanent solution?

This happen's to me all the time. I don't know how to fix it. I end up rebooting it multiple times until the data connection works. Did you every get this resolved?
    07-11-13 02:21 PM
    This happen's to me all the time. I don't know how to fix it. I end up rebooting it multiple times until the data connection works. Did you every get this resolved?
    No, sorry, still no resolution.

I too noticed that occasionally data comes back by itself after a reboot, but it happens rarely.

I think you can always go to engineering screen and manually do "PS Attach", it always works for me.
    07-13-13 05:58 PM

I had the same thing happening to my APN. A wipe/reinstall fixed my issue.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 06:22 PM