I love my Q10 and it's a massive upgrade from the 9700 I had before but it's missing one major thing, Russian translit.

Can I expect this to be added at some point??

Is there anywhere I can petition to have it added?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    madraving likes this.
    05-29-13 11:28 PM
    I love my Q10 and it's a massive upgrade from the 9700 I had before but it's missing one major thing, Russian translit.

Can I expect this to be added at some point??

Is there anywhere I can petition to have it added?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Huh? Russian is suggested to be supported. - KB33755-Supported languages on BlackBerry 10
    Have you actually adjusted the input / output languages under settings?
    05-29-13 11:46 PM
    Of course I have. I don't think you understood my question correctly.

Russian language is available but transliterated Russian is not. With the transliterated version I can type with Latin characters phonetically and the word will be spelled out with the correct Russian characters. Is that clearer?

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 01:25 AM
    It just makes no sense to me whatsoever that this function would be included on previous devices and OS but not with BB10. It was one of the reasons, along with the physical keyboard that influenced my decision of picking the Q10 over an iphone5.

I'll be pretty pissed off if it's not implemented as it will mean I will have to purchase a Russian keyboard and have it fitted (when it's available).

Will there be any way to petition BlackBerry as I have just done a search on Google in Russian and i'm certainly not the only one to be surprised by the omission of transliterated Russian.

Posted via CB10
    madraving likes this.
    05-30-13 01:42 AM
    I think it's a safe assumption they will add it in. A lot of features in bbos haven't made it to bb10 yet but they will

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 02:54 AM
    It is extremely important for me to get a translit russian.
    I could not work without it. And I don't want to buy russian physical keyboard.

So I'm also a person who really want Blackberry to add this function to OS10

Posted via CB10
    madraving and sergey_IL like this.
    05-30-13 04:46 PM
    Of course I have. I don't think you understood my question correctly.

Russian language is available but transliterated Russian is not. With the transliterated version I can type with Latin characters phonetically and the word will be spelled out with the correct Russian characters. Is that clearer?

Posted via CB10
    You are correct. I did misunderstand, my apologies.
    05-30-13 06:28 PM
    The same for me, I can't work without russian translit!

Where could we sign petition?

But the phone in general is very good!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 04:37 AM
    The same here. I'm using Russian-ru instead transliteration on my qwertz Q10.

I absolutely agree that transliteration was a better way to input but to be honest I already don't regret about its absence. It takes just few hours to learn and get used to non-phonetic keyboard layout.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 05:25 AM
    I sent request to the official blackberry forum about the Russian phonetic input layout and no solution yet. I'm using the dictate options. It's working well with Russian language.
    sergey_IL likes this.
    06-04-13 05:37 PM
    I will appreciate if blackberry could add phonetic input for different languages. I live in Israel and it critical to have all these keyboard inputs to be supported, either by on screen keyboard or by using phonetic input.

ENGLISH
    HEBREW
    RUSSIAN
    07-14-13 06:46 PM
    We need someone, who will do it without Blackberry. If there will be one custom keyboard layout no matter it will be Russian or Korean, then everyone can change letter and use it for their own language.

I tried to contact few guys but no lack.
    07-15-13 11:01 AM
    When Russian transliteration on q10?
    09-03-13 12:05 AM
    We still waiting for bulgarian phonetic keyboard or russian translit!

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    01-26-14 05:08 PM
    I understand here on the forum , there are no representatives Blackberry ? Or is all the same ? So what the **** , it will continue ? There you have a head , ******* ? Why not transliteration for OS10 ? He is on OS7 ! ! ! Familiar programmer Sharky ( site offline http://blackberrys.ru ) it was all done in five minutes, but can not sign the certificate. Wrote them , that 's all just take the source code and embed . And what do we see? On the part of the company , total disregard for the people who use this input. And it is not only the Russian language ! This Bulgarian, Hebrew , Czech ... and . etc. For over a year it all goes . I'm just angry!

What is transliteration? Explain how it works. A click on the button - Russian printed letter A. D click on the button - Russian printed letter Д. L click on the button - Russian printed letter Л. F click on the button - Russian printed letter Ф. And so on. The same principle and in other languages ​​that use transliteration.
    Last edited by gsmobi; 01-29-14 at 12:57 PM.
    01-29-14 10:23 AM
    I will appreciate if blackberry could add phonetic input for different languages. I live in Israel and it critical to have all these keyboard inputs to be supported, either by on screen keyboard or by using phonetic input.

ENGLISH
    HEBREW
    RUSSIAN
    "KeyboMagic" supports Russian Translit and other languages. Info can be found here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...guages-942099/

If we get the mapping for the HEBREW phonetic transliteration we will be happy to add it.
    07-03-14 09:37 AM
    абе сложете един Български език бе
    07-22-14 02:59 PM
    Please somebody ask blackberry to make russian translit!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 04:06 PM