With all the major advancements with the new OS, u think it be kinda cool if down the road there's an update that would make the voice control a lot like siri....i don't want or like iPhone, but I really like what siri can do.

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Mattster723 and SDTRMG like this.
    05-28-13 11:32 AM
    There's an app called "SayIt" .... apparently, it's really good.

Although it probably doesn't do the: "tell me a joke" waste of time and bandwidth Siri will, it's a good professional tool.

You should check it out.

Si.
    05-28-13 11:36 AM
    Meh. Not a big fan of some server in the cloud knowing everything I'm doing. Being able to talk to my phone like C3PO isn't enough for me personally. Maybe when the voice recognition actually runs on the phone, not until then.
    05-28-13 11:37 AM
    I agree! I had to switch the full voice control off as it kept "searching the internet for me" instead of opening the contact I needed. The BB voice control needs some work.
    ontherock3 likes this.
    05-28-13 11:40 AM
    Just a question. I noticed that it's possible to wake up the voice assistant by voice. However I've been doing it by accident. Does anyone know the words?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 12:39 PM
    Just a question. I noticed that it's possible to wake up the voice assistant by voice. However I've been doing it by accident. Does anyone know the words?

Posted via CB10
    Its not possible. Otherwise there would be a huge battery drain.

You know it pops up if you hold the play/pause key, right?
    05-28-13 12:41 PM
    Voice control needs work and it gets words wrong all the time. It definitely is NOT siri.

Sayit is a great app which is much more accurate than the native. But it needs better integration with the hub and contacts apps. If you could say " text X contact " and it would do so, that would be a lot more useful. I assume they don't have api to do this or they would. If blackberry doesn't want to focus on the native voice they should release resources to devs who want to

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 12:45 PM
    Yes, press the button between between the up/down volume buttons to activate voice control at any time. If people are activating it by accident that could be why. There's also a button on the virtual keyboard to activate voice (hold down the period), and on the q10 keyboard use 0

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 12:49 PM
    Yes I would eventually like Blackberry's iteration of a virtual assistant.

Perhaps, pay for the rights and voice of Jarvis, from Iron Man movies.. lol. Seriously!

Posted via CB10
    Tyler Gillan likes this.
    05-28-13 12:51 PM
    I had my z10 lying on my desk. I was talking to a colleague and it kept starting the voice assistant. I didn't touch it at all. Happened couple of times to me that day. However it never happened before nor after.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 02:01 PM
    What about vlingo, I know it's not on BB10 yet, I thought that was fairly good what what you needed to do with simple text, calls and i miss the whole reading my text or email to me when they came in as I would drive.

Hopefully down the road we will be lucky enough to have something similar to siri. I'm sure blackberry would be experimenting with something of the sort.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 02:37 PM
    That could be scary...keep your data, get into your life, too many details..
    05-28-13 02:41 PM
    What about vlingo, I know it's not on BB10 yet, I thought that was fairly good what what you needed to do with simple text, calls and i miss the whole reading my text or email to me when they came in as I would drive.

Hopefully down the road we will be lucky enough to have something similar to siri. I'm sure blackberry would be experimenting with something of the sort.
    Loved that app as well. Isn't there an Android version? Perhaps it could be ported over?
    05-28-13 03:03 PM
    Li could easily see bbry partner with IBM to do this.

On the flip side, I never see android or ios users use it. It's a toy for users at first but then never used.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 03:21 PM
    I have Sayit it's pretty good but I hardly use it. Even when I had the iPhone I hardly used siri. I use quick actions more. I would like to see BB buy Sayit and integrate into voice app.

Toronto Maple Leafs Fan BBM Channel C0001D318
    David in Durham and SDTRMG like this.
    05-28-13 04:42 PM
    Google Now would be a better model to use as inspiration. It's better than siri by miles.

Posted via CB10
    Mr_F and raysgrumpy like this.
    05-28-13 05:32 PM
    We give you BBM, you give us Siri.

~STV
    walt63 likes this.
    05-28-13 07:39 PM
    The voice assistant works pretty darn accurately except that it's very basic.

I used to have Vlingo on 7. I don't want to try to use Google Now.... It's more of an annoyance when I accidentally swipe up thinking my Nexus is a BB. Anyone know how to disable the gesture on Nexus? Too lazy to search and is it any good?
    05-28-13 09:48 PM
    It doesn't work accurately in my experience. Unless it has improved a lot since 10.1, I didn't get a chance to use it much since then

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 09:51 PM
    I have Sayit it's pretty good but I hardly use it. Even when I had the iPhone I hardly used siri. I use quick actions more. I would like to see BB buy Sayit and integrate into voice app.

Toronto Maple Leafs Fan BBM Channel C0001D318
    THIS!

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 09:53 PM
    It's been more accurate then siri for me, but that depends what command I'm saying.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 09:54 PM
    Do any of these apps read incoming messages to you? The only time i would use anything like siri is when I'm driving. It would be nice if it would read it and I could reply or ignore. That should be built into this mobile computing device.

via CB10 on ZED10
    05-29-13 08:15 PM
    Much rather Googe Now...Siri is incredibly overrated.
    05-29-13 08:20 PM
    Whatever happened to the "Viki " personal assistant app that was supposed to be released back in April 29th ? It was suggested to be even better than Siri...

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 08:22 PM
    Do any of these apps read incoming messages to you? The only time i would use anything like siri is when I'm driving. It would be nice if it would read it and I could reply or ignore. That should be built into this mobile computing device.

via CB10 on ZED10
    Vlingo did on the old OS

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 01:18 AM
34 12