Should I pick one up? The addition of the official blackberry playbook leather sleeve is only $11 extra so basically it's like $161 for the tablet and oem sleeve, brand new sealed.

Thoughts? I have a Z10. Anyone else have a Z10 combo with PB? How's BlackBerry Bridge?

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10.
    05-28-13 11:30 AM
    Should I pick one up? The addition of the official blackberry playbook leather sleeve is only $11 extra so basically it's like $161 for the tablet and oem sleeve, brand new sealed.

Thoughts? I have a Z10. Anyone else have a Z10 combo with PB? How's BlackBerry Bridge?

Depending on the hard drive size (16, 32 or 64 gb?) it's a great price, but even for the 16 gb it's pretty good.

The bridge experience with a BB10 phone (I have the Z10 but it's near identical with the Q10) is definitely lacking compared to what we had with legacy BBOS devices, but you can still bridge over your cellular data service for browsing and Internet connectivity (not sure if you can still Bridge over wifi or if it has to be Bluetooth now), and use your phone as a remote. You can also select to open media files (music/pics/videos) stored or accessed from your phone on your PlayBook, but you won't have the PIM features like email, bbm/text, tasks, calendar, contacts, etc. FROM your phone. The tablet still has native email, calendar and contacts apps should you choose to use them.

Whether you should pick up a PlayBook is entirely up to your own preferences and what you want to do with it. The hdmi out is great for playing media on your TV at home or on the road, and it handles multitasking very well. So a good price for a tablet even though it's been out for over two years.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 & loving it!
    05-28-13 11:40 AM
    05-28-13 11:44 AM
    Yeah it is that one.

05-28-13 11:45 AM
    Most PB accessories are pretty cheap these days. You may want a different case. It comes with a neoprene sleeve. Great speakers and flash browser. I use it more than my Nexus 7 for web browsing and multimedia.
    ortizjj likes this.
    05-28-13 11:46 AM
    I'm using my PlayBook as we speak.... sure the OS may be a bit outdated, but it is an amazing QNX machine.
    I use my Z10 and PlayBook all the time and both are my constant companions. Later when BlackBerry fixes the BB Link between the PlayBook and OS10 phones - it will be that much better!
    I love the true multi tasking ability of the PlayBook, you can watch a video or video chat and check you calendar, then go to a word documant and edit the doc, check your emails and then come back to the video (or video Chat) to close off the video ALL at the same time.

It's an amazing machine, even though it is 2 years old - it still competes with todays tablets out there... unfortunately the apps have come to a trickle and no more are coming out. But we're all waiting for confirmation of BB10 then we'll have all the OS10's apps and Android sideloaded apps running on it.
    ortizjj likes this.
    05-28-13 11:55 AM
    How's the PlayBook's screen? I know it's not close to an iPad's retina screen but I know it's IPS and seems nice in photos.
    05-28-13 12:03 PM
    $150 for a 32gb wifi only model is not bad at all, not that good for the 16gb IMO, but would be a great price for a brand new 64gb model.
    ortizjj likes this.
    05-28-13 12:20 PM
    How's the PlayBook's screen? I know it's not close to an iPad's retina screen but I know it's IPS and seems nice in photos.
    I bought my 64 GB PlayBook on Amazon a couple weeks ago. I got several accessories with it, and still spent less altogether than I would have for a 16 GB iPad Mini.

2 weeks later, I am still very pleased with my purchase.

As far as the screen, I find it to be very clean and crisp, great for watching videos. It's technically not HD, but I'm not sure how much that really matters on a 7" screen.
    ortizjj and cdnynot like this.
    05-28-13 12:28 PM
    Thanks for the input, just purchased my playbook and official leather sleeve off Amazon. One day shipping (Prime).

I agree, economically it's a no brainer. I'm not a fan of the iPad, my brother enjoys his iPad but it's just way too basic for me. QNX as an OS (Well, BlackBerry OS as it's known now) is just more of a "real" mobile computing platform.

Thanks for the input guys! Hopefully we'll all see BB10 on this device soon but regardless I'll just enjoy it how it is. Can't really go wrong at such a good price.
    05-28-13 12:40 PM
    The screen is great. I have an iShield on it to protect it from any scratches and it removes some of the glare in bright light.
    Resolution is 1024 x 600.

The PlayBook has a built in MS Documents to Go (Word, Excel, and plays Power Point).
    The calendar can be synced with Outlook or Gmail...
    The camera is a 3 MP front and 5 MP back and does a nice job.
    Recently the US Government has certified the BlackBerry 10 products with a FIPS 140-2 rating for Security!
    ortizjj likes this.
    05-28-13 12:41 PM
    Say the Playbook gets the OS10 upgrade, which I hope it does, just curious will the legacy devices like the 9930 Bold not be able to bridge with it anymore?
    05-28-13 12:51 PM
    Say the Playbook gets the OS10 upgrade, which I hope it does, just curious will the legacy devices like the 9930 Bold not be able to bridge with it anymore?
    Nah, should have no affect on bridge capabilities. In fact, I'm pretty sure the Z10 and Q10 have the capability, but it hasn't been activated yet (there are some files I found on my phone to suggest the apps are built into BB10 already). For whatever reason, BlackBerry just hasn't made it available on BB10 but it should not affect legacy devices if the PlayBook gets the upgrade.

05-28-13 12:58 PM

save your money and get nexus 7 or something.
    05-28-13 01:31 PM
    Decent deal. I just wish I could have found the 64 GIG when I was buying mine two years ago! Or when my wife and my mother-in-law bought theirs. . . I could have traded
    05-28-13 01:45 PM
    Don't get me wrong, the Nexus 7 is nice and all, but you will pay $100 more for it, so you will not save any money.
    05-28-13 01:49 PM
    Don't get me wrong, the Nexus 7 is nice and all, but you will pay $100 more for it, so you will not save any money.
    For the same hard drive size, yes. The 8 gb one starts around that price though, no? I'm personally happy with my PlayBook and I got the 32 gb version at $250 back in 2011, but my brother has the Nexus 7 and he's quite happy with his tablet as well.

05-28-13 02:43 PM
    I have the Playbook, Nexus 7 and a iPad2 and I would definitely rate the Nexus 7 above the playbook. The Nexus 7 is $ 199.00 for the 16GB model but with it you are getting a real nice display, apps and oh yes updates from Google. I do like my Playbook and it is a lot of hardware for the money but I give the Nexus the "Best Buy" for overall user experience.

Best regards to all.......Ed
    05-28-13 02:51 PM
    Sadly that's high these days compared to the prices I've been seeing.
    I purchased my first one used for 170$ with a ton of accessories and couldn't be happier. Since then I purcahsed a 64gig new and another 32gig used.
    05-28-13 02:58 PM
    I'm starting to wean myself off of Google products and services. I don't like the fact that they treat my information as a commodity to be gathered and sold to the highest bidder.

Android phones and tablets are nice and can do a lot of things, but fundamentally they are nothing more than personal tracking and information gathering devices that feed Google's ad business.
    05-28-13 03:02 PM
    I'm starting to wean myself off of Google products and services. I don't like the fact that they treat my information as a commodity to be gathered and sold to the highest bidder.

Android phones and tablets are nice and can do a lot of things, but fundamentally they are nothing more than personal tracking and information gathering devices that feed Google's ad business.
    educate me on this. what exactly do they sell. and what exactly are you afraid that will be sold off?
    05-28-13 03:41 PM
    educate me on this. what exactly do they sell. and what exactly are you afraid that will be sold off?
    Perhaps you are fine with Google keeping a database every piece of information it has gathered about you from from any interaction you have ever had with its products and services, but that is a rather unsettling prospect to others who value their privacy. If that information were to ever fall into the wrong hands, it could be used for nefarious purposes.
    05-28-13 03:51 PM
    Perhaps you are fine with Google keeping a database every piece of information it has gathered about you from from any interaction you have ever had with its products and services, but that is a rather unsettling prospect to others who value their privacy. If that information were to ever fall into the wrong hands, it could be used for nefarious purposes.
    yea, but what exact info? my pw? my bank account? my ssn? cc number?
    05-28-13 03:56 PM
    yea, but what exact info? my pw? my bank account? my ssn? cc number?
    It depends on which of their services you've used.
    05-28-13 04:01 PM
    It depends on which of their services you've used.
    so you saying it is possible sell my pw, bank account, ssn or cc number?
    05-28-13 04:15 PM
26 12