I personally feel like sprint not selling the Z10 limited the potential sells they could have made with blackberry. Q10 is an awesome phone but a lot of people to prefer the larger screen.

Today I went into complete depth with my best friend on the Z10, showed him the peek and flow, time shift camera, the hub, BBM (screen share and channels) and also showed him side loading apps plus he really enjoyed how fluid the swipes were plus how fast he could instantly type on the keyboard and even enjoyed flicking words. He had already in mind getting the HTC one but I was able to sell him on the Z10 especially with the projects we have in plans to work on, the communication advantages would have been endless.

The only problem is he is with Sprint and they only have the Q10 and he also does not want to sacrifice the screen size. I am pushing him to play with the Q10 and see if he enjoys the physical keyboard but I don't think i can sell him on the smaller screen size.

I personally feel that Sprint dropped the ball on this one when they had always pushed Blackberry devices. Oh well just the rant and opinion of one voice here, anyone here have experienced anything similar?
    05-27-13 10:03 PM
    I personally think they dropped the ball as well. I was with Sprint for years, and although their signal was never the best in Southern California, when I found out they weren't getting the Z10, it pushed my buttons. I got so fed up, I canceled my line and jump ship to Verizon.

Verizons LTE is superrrrrr fast, so no regrets (except how they take forever to push any updates! Still on the OS version the phone was released with... :/)

Posted via CB10
    loveBB6.0 likes this.
    05-27-13 10:17 PM
    Absolutely, they lost my two lines, I had been with them for 11 years. I was actually surprised that they didnt carry it, Sprint has always had a fair selection of BB's and Sprint has always pushed to aquire buisness customers (like with purchasing Nextel). At the time they made the decision not to carry the z10 I heard a lot of rumors pointing towards the deal Sprint made with the devil to sell x amount of iphones and they didnt want to add any additional all touch phones as competition. No idea if there was any truth to that.

Im sure the Q10 is an excellent phone but IMO physical qwerty is going to be a thing of the past in a few short years. It will really hurt BB with bringing young users over to the platform, the generation that is buying up new phones now have never used physical keyboards on a smart phone. And thus arent going to even consider a smaller screen.

I also feel that even diehard BB users are missing out by holding out for the Q10, the Z10's keyboard is as close to perfect as I have ever seen, so why sacrifice the screen area? Opinions are like a-holes, we all have one (and they all stink) but thats my 2 cents.
    05-27-13 10:20 PM
    They made a mistake with me. I migrated 5 lines to T-Mo. Love the Z10.
    Only 2 lines have the Z10, mine and my wife's. The others followed the family plan anyway.
    05-28-13 03:54 PM
    Sprint is giving a very good corporate discount. I've been with Verizon since my first cell phone, but I would've jumped ship to sprint just for the savings if they had the Z10, and that would have been for myself and wife and son.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 04:23 PM
    If sprint had the z10 my entire office would have switched to it already, that's about 80 phones.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 08:18 PM
    I left Sprint and moved to Verizon and the Z10

Posted via CB10
    loveBB6.0 likes this.
    05-28-13 08:32 PM
    Took my 2 lines to Verizon. Better coverage by far. Sprint hasn't even touched Ohio with LTE and Verizon is covering my house well away from a city.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 08:40 PM
    Small potatoes for Sprint as BlackBerry doesn't sell too many units compare to other phones. So if it was a mistake it was only a small one in the greater scheme of things.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 02:43 AM
    They made a right decision imo, the reception of z10 is very lukewarm. They better stick with q10, which has much better sales.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 03:12 AM
    not the smartest move, but i don't think it hurt them enough to care,,, if they get some kind of exclusivity or 1st release of the aristo, then that may counter that decision & be laughing @ those that bailed...
    05-29-13 05:30 AM
    I personally think they dropped the ball as well. I was with Sprint for years, and although their signal was never the best in Southern California, when I found out they weren't getting the Z10, it pushed my buttons. I got so fed up, I canceled my line and jump ship to Verizon.

Verizons LTE is superrrrrr fast, so no regrets (except how they take forever to push any updates! Still on the OS version the phone was released with... :/)

Posted via CB10
    Same here! I'm surprised that I have never known how slow and limited the Sprint network is. With the leaked 10.1 I now love my Z10 on Verizon LTE network.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 07:01 AM
    Small potatoes for Sprint as BlackBerry doesn't sell too many units compare to other phones. So if it was a mistake it was only a small one in the greater scheme of things.

Posted via CB10
    It might be just a small mistake, but if you combine this small mistake with the other countless mistakes they have made over the years, it all points to one direction, Sprint is not doing well. The WiMax 4G fiasco that never panned out, there LTE rollout which hasn't even reached every state, let alone all major cities, the NEXTEL merger, I can go one, but I hope this gets my point across. Sprint just doesn't seem to have a plan and/or their plan doesn't lead to anywhere good.
    05-29-13 08:53 AM