I had my q10 for 1 day before I totally destroyed the screen after dropping it, was wondering if anyone knows a good way to have it fixed, my carrier is not being very helpful. I'm with Fido in Canada, and am not too impressed with their service at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    Suhailone likes this.
    05-27-13 06:19 PM
    05-27-13 06:22 PM
    Thanks I'm going to look into it

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 06:37 PM
    Sorry to read that, buddy, it is a scarrying Story, especially cause the Q10 looks rock solid. What was the material you dropped it on and th height if falls from ?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 07:15 PM
    a lot of the time it's just luck of the draw.

you will hear people say, i've dropped my phone lots of times and it hasn't cracked the screen.

and then you will hear others, i dropped my phone once and cracked the screen.

it all depends on the spot it lands.

I hope you can get your Q10 fixed up ASAP. It's a beautiful device.
    05-27-13 07:43 PM
    It was a 4 or 5 foot fall onto my driveway, i dropped my z10 two days after buying it on the sidewalk, but it landed on one of the edges, just dented it, screen was fine, just luck of the draw sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 08:11 PM
    How do you guys so easily drop your phones? Mine is babied from the day I spend $600+ on it

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 08:14 PM
    Ya I only had time to set up my email account, didn't even get to see how the battery life was before destroying it, a little disappointed, hopefully I'll get it up and running soon, either way I still have the z10, and my old 9810 in case I destroy that too lol

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 08:17 PM
    Sometimes they slip, i had my 9810 and dropped it twice in 2 years, my z10 I've dropped 10 times since I got it in February, and my q10 once and that was enough

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 08:20 PM
    If you're dropping all your phones should probably consider putting it in a case before you leave your carriers store lol

Posted via CB10
    jimmyjyc likes this.
    05-27-13 08:33 PM
    I find it more likely to drop the bb10 phones because of the gesture system/touch screen. With the legacy devices I would grab onto the phone and only needed to work the track pad and menu/back buttons. On the bb10 phones you need to touch the whole screen and I kind of cradle the phone instead of gipping it.

Posted via CB10
    jayjahed, h20work and jimmyjyc like this.
    05-27-13 09:20 PM
    I don't want to seem rude, but maybe the fact you have two back up phones make you feel more... "comfortable" with a brand New one. I'm a student and still have my Q10's cost in the a**, and I have already sold my White 9900, so I don't take Any chance with my Q : I use it naked, but I hold it strongly. Maybe I'll invest in a case for once... Never broke a phone, I don't want this one to be the first...

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    05-27-13 09:37 PM
    Lol, all good, i usually give away my old devices to friends or family in need, but I just got the z10 and I'm not about to part with it. As for the 9810, i gave it away, but the person couldn't get used to it and gave it back, I was going to use it as an mp3 player for the car, but it's a hassle carrying 2 devices and don't want my windows smashed if someone decides to take it from there... as for cases, i have the holsters from blackberry, usually that's enough, the Q10 is the first phone that I've ever broken, it happens I guess, just disappointed I didn't get to really play with it I'll probably get a replacement screen off eBay, the phone looks amazing, plus I'm a BlackBerry freak lol, advice to all, get the extended warranty, Fido didn't offer it to me when buying it, and I didn't even think to ask, lesson learned...

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 10:33 PM
    Wow after one day... carrier should definitely be more assertive in offering assistance... i saw my carrier placed premium protection on my phone automatically when I purchased it... maybe you were lucky enough for the same mishap

Kah
    05-27-13 10:37 PM
    Nope, called Fido, they don't really care, i was thinking of emailing blackberry, but not sure if they would even care either... I'm not too happy with Fido right now, i have no contract with them, so thinking about going somewhere else, but I'm sure all the other Canadian companies are pretty much the same, greedy. my fault I guess though, I am the one that dropped it.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 10:46 PM
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Did you pay for the device via credit card? I ask this as I have seen some posts/threads about similar misfortunes and the user and other posters suggested trying that route as some are backed with insurance coverage (features of the card).
    05-27-13 11:00 PM
    I just got a skinomi screen protector on mine...but otherwise its naked. I'm scared to drop it.
    05-27-13 11:07 PM
    No the Q10 was paid mostly by Fido dollars, i ended up paying $50 on my next bill, the Z10 was paid cash, still upsetting, took a long time to accumulate that many Fido dollars, i think the total was $750 because I didn't want to resign a contract, glad I didn't sign though, because now I have the option to switch carriers don't have to wait 3 years.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 11:09 PM
    No the Q10 was paid mostly by Fido dollars, i ended up paying $50 on my next bill, the Z10 was paid cash, still upsetting, took a long time to accumulate that many Fido dollars, i think the total was $750 because I didn't want to resign a contract, glad I didn't sign though, because now I have the option to switch carriers don't have to wait 3 years.

Posted via CB10
    That's alot of Fido dollars! The 3yr contract is insane but I do see Fido offering some 2yr contracts which aren't too bad (at least there's an option...). I like the plans at Fido though, they aren't too bad.
    05-27-13 11:15 PM
    I attach mine around the neck so it's basically impossible to drop it! Lol

I am bad with phones too... I dropped my 9900 many times... most of the time were while walking my dog. Lots of dents but screen never cracked.

I dropped my storm many time too... after 2 years, it cracked.

Surprisingly I haven't dropped this one yet. Now in both of my previous BlackBerry, the phone was naked and I use a holster. This one I use a case... and for some reason I think with the case I get a better grip!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 11:19 PM
    Wow, sorry to hear about your device. I would highly recommend otterbox cases to you.

Ugly sometimes but ridiculously durable.
    05-27-13 11:23 PM
    Try going to the fido booth claiming you never knew about extended warranty you can prove they didn't do their due diligence in telling you about it

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 11:35 PM
    Well I just dropped my phone today....very bummed. Had to shell out the money for a new screen, and the case I ordered from crackberry just arrived today a few hours too late.
    06-14-13 07:14 PM
    I had my q10 for 1 day before I totally destroyed the screen after dropping it, was wondering if anyone knows a good way to have it fixed, my carrier is not being very helpful. I'm with Fido in Canada, and am not too impressed with their service at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    Call in and have the device protection pout on your account then the next day bring it in to the fido store to put it in for warranty!

Posted via CB10
    jesuswasemo likes this.
    06-15-13 06:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Did you ever get it replaced? If so how hard was installation?
    07-15-13 11:58 AM
29 12