Hello all...I do not pretend to understand the whole Blackberry service so here is the scenario

I have:
    - BB Curve
    - Data Plan (not BIS/BES service)
    - Service with a Canadian carrier that does not sell BB devices or service
    - my own personal domain and email addresses

Without using webmail or the Gmail client to access my email:
    - Are there BIS/BES providers independent (third party) of the phone carrier that can provide BIS/BES services?

If yes, then:
    - would the (push) email work just as it does with carriers that sell BIS/BES data packages (Rogers, Telus etc.)?
    - would any of the other services work as well (BB Pin, BB Maps, BB Browser etc)?

I would appreciate any additional suggestions/advice (no, I cannot switch carriers for now).

Thanks in advance...
    Last edited by loconite; 10-10-08 at 01:09 PM. Reason: spellign errors
    10-10-08 01:04 PM
    I was considering that option at one time.

There are private BES hosting services. This is one I select after a Google search and likely typical in cost.

Mobile Phone Exchange Hosting: Mobile Phone Email Sync - Apptix
    10-10-08 03:02 PM
    Thanks Reed
    APPTIX is the one I was looking at as well...
    I am a complete NooB at this so could you please explain the process a bit? Also, does BB Pin, BB browser, BB Maps etc. also work with this?
    Thanks again..
    10-10-08 09:20 PM
    I like the concept as we have to add a new server in front of our groupwise server. There are only 3 of us.

Dan
    10-10-08 09:31 PM
    If you are contracted to a carrier that does not support BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS), you can contract BlackBerry Enterprise Service from a host.

What you get is a BES connection, all the message and third party stuff work becasue BlackBerry wants it to work.

This is the same service you would have with .GOV or similar larger business organizations.

It is able to do many things BIS does not, it is professional grade software.

The price has dropped a lot too, It was more like $50 not long ago.
    10-10-08 09:44 PM
    Thanks again..
    Have been a bit of research on this today...Here are a few helpful links + BES hosting service links:

Blackberry Forums - Setup Help

Pinstack - BES Hosts

Canadian BES Host

Canadian BES Host
    Last edited by loconite; 10-10-08 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Hyperlink Edits
    10-10-08 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD