I bought this app because it was recommended that it had the flashing network led light. In fact it does, however this network light isn't really monitoring the network so it warns you when you don't have services. It's always flashing whether or not you have connections. What a scam, I turned off all my network and services and it was still flashing green telling me I have connection to the network when clearly I don't.

I hope nobody buys this because of the network light notifications.
    Color LED app is a scam!-img_00000004.png

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 01:12 PM
    Tell them there is a bug... or build your own app

Posted via CB10
    hbelkin likes this.
    05-26-13 01:14 PM
    Tell them there is a bug... or build your own app

Posted via CB10
    It's not a bug it's false advertising, it's easier to make the led flash constantly than actually integrate their app into the OS. I shouldn't have to build an app... I'm the customer do you build a car when yours breaks or doesn't work as advertised? seriously... I'm not saying I could do it better, I don't go around I'm life making my own things every time something I buy breaks.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 01:18 PM
    I tried to download and install again and it still flashes always lol....

Posted via CB10
    BB30000 likes this.
    05-26-13 01:48 PM
    Absolute scam app I wonder how many scam apps there are on BlackBerry World a lot I bet

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 01:58 PM
    Absolute scam app I wonder how many scam apps there are on BlackBerry World a lot I bet

Posted via CB10
    Did you try it does it do the same thing for you, I don't like calling anything a scam but really.. it doesn't do anything but flash.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 02:19 PM
    Be buzz or hub ++ are much better. Sorry to hear it didn't have what you expected it to. I would suggest you email the developer through the bottom right tab in app world.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    devcellent likes this.
    05-26-13 02:20 PM
    Maybe and issue with the OS your using and the app itself, meaning a bug that's needs an update to the app.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 02:21 PM
    I knew this from my work associate who downloaded the app.

I really need the network led indicator as well. I wish blackberry would just fix this and add it back instead of having us waste our money on crappy apps that don't work....

Bring back the Green LED!

Posted via CB10
    SEAWARRIOR and Spawn12 like this.
    05-26-13 03:29 PM
    I agree I emailed the developer let's see if they reply

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 09:14 PM

I really need the network led indicator as well. I wish blackberry would just fix this and add it back instead of having us waste our money on crappy apps that don't work....

Posted via CB10
    You can't fix what's not broken, the feature just isn't implemented in BB10 I wish people would stop calling old features broken or missing.
    Core_Frequency likes this.
    05-26-13 09:32 PM
    You can't fix what's not broken, the feature just isn't implemented in BB10 I wish people would stop calling old features broken or missing.
    We're taking about an app that advertises a flashing network light not the missing feature.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 09:34 PM
    I'm holding out on any led apps until the headless support is available; it seems like they all run buggy and not as intended due to the limitation being put forth by the os currently.

Posted from my ZED10
    05-26-13 10:26 PM
    Same here, I can't leave it as an active frame to work, i have the tendency to exit all open apps! I do miss LED apps like these, but i've always used BeBuzz!
    05-26-13 10:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    To me it sounds like a useless one, even if it works perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 10:33 PM
    To me it sounds like a useless one, even if it works perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    Not necessarily, alot of users miss the coverage indicator. In many instances, just a glimpse at the device (instead of physically taking out the device) would tell you (if in holster, or leather pouch or a case) whether or not you are in coverage area! this may be important to many if they work in areas where coverage maybe spotty, or waiting on important emails/notifications etc.
    LostOnThePianoRoll likes this.
    05-26-13 10:54 PM
    Not necessarily, alot of users miss the coverage indicator. In many instances, just a glimpse at the device (instead of physically taking out the device) would tell you (if in holster, or leather pouch or a case) whether or not you are in coverage area! this may be important to many if they work in areas where coverage maybe spotty, or waiting on important emails/notifications etc.
    I see, I guess in problematic reception areas it can come in handy.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 11:26 PM
    I'm beginning to wonder how many features can't be properly integrated into the Z10 until the headless app functionality is working. Saw on one post that this had been one factor in the reason why multiple alarms had not been integrated.

I suspect that some of the legacy BlackBerry LED functions could not be integrated for the same reason.

BlackBerry would be wise to include the multi alarms and LED features as soon as the headless app functionality is sorted. It would be great for user morale and not a lot of effort to code up I'm sure.

Sorry you guys are missing these features. They must have been good, for you to have become so attached.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 11:33 PM
    I see, I guess in problematic reception areas it can come in handy.

Posted via CB10
    It can also be useful if you travel somewhere near border when your phone may jump to roaming, which could be shown as flashing different color. Feature phones have had this feature for at least a decade and very likely more.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 11:44 PM
    Thanks for this, any word of them having that built into the phone? I remember on my 9900 you could change the LED colour for emails, texts, etc to different colours.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 12:02 AM
    Yea but I'm saying this app has the feature except it always flashing even when you don't have signal. Today I didn't have network for over an hour and it was flashing green telling me I had good coverage.

App is useless.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 12:13 AM
    Yea but I'm saying this app has the feature except it always flashing even when you don't have signal. Today I didn't have network for over an hour and it was flashing green telling me I had good coverage.

App is useless.

Posted via CB10
    Woooow, that would get annoying in a hurry lol

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 12:17 AM
    Why doesn't BlackBerry build in something like that would be way better

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 03:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    legacy notifications rule!!!
    05-27-13 07:19 AM
    Woooow, that would get annoying in a hurry lol

Posted via CB10
    It's more than annoying, it's falsely flashing when it shouldn't be. I don't even think it's a network notification light I think it was easier for them to just make a constant flashing light than to integrate one into the OS that actually measures network signal strength.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 07:21 AM
57 123