Hello

So I wanted to have a bit more entertainment in my car, and have some navigation for cheap. I looked at alot of options out there, from double din decks to other tablets etc. And then i remember the playbook doesnt need buttons to turn the screen on... then the AAAHHHH HAAAAAAA moment clicked in. I got the dimensions, transfered onto paper and out to my car i went. it looked like it was going to fit perfectly. So i went on the hunt to find a playbook. (had one previously but had sold it) found one localled for $60 bucks. practically brand new, and a 16gb wifi model (which was all i needed). well after a friend and i spent a couple hours setting up mounts and figuring out wiring and such... in the process installed some new gauges as well... but this was the end result

Still have some work to do... need to fix the trim panel as in the process it got wrecked... meh...

05-26-13 12:31 PM
    Very nice work. Looks like it was made to go there
    05-26-13 12:36 PM
    Looks like it was forced to go there
    05-26-13 02:45 PM
    Not worried about theft? Wait, it's a pb, who would steal it!

I think it looks damn good.
    Last edited by F2; 05-26-13 at 04:05 PM.
    CommanderElvis likes this.
    05-26-13 03:08 PM
    Great job!!
    05-26-13 03:31 PM
    Looks awesome!
    05-26-13 03:41 PM
    Nice

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 04:25 PM
    Looking good.
    Questions for you sir: How do you access the power button? My PB requires access to the power button to turn it on and off (not so much off but definitely to turn on)... Also, file transfers... Do you have your router in your garage so you connect the PB and transfer wirelessly or what?
    05-26-13 05:25 PM
    It has a similar feature as the Z10 swipe up from the bottom to turn on. It's cool! How did you get it to stay charging? And what do you use for gps?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 05:36 PM
    Exactly... use the swipe up feature to turn the screen on. battery life is not an issue. I did a test. Set it up and let it sit on my table for a week and only lost 25% so I'm not worries about that.

As for syncing and stuff. Ya it connects to my home router in the garage and I can do file transfer that way but I normally steam music and haven't downloaded anything in a long time so.

For navigation I'm using Magellan compass and works like a dream so far. Takes some getting used to to use the app compare to the bb10 maps and Google maps but it's works nicely.

As for charging I took a usb cord. Destroyed the micro part and bent it in an angle at 90 degrees and that connects to a charge in the cigarette lighter. Charges normally whenever the car is on.

Had to do the same for the aux connection. Destroy a 3.5 jack and bent it in a 90 degree angle and connects to the back of my deck for audio. Works perfectly.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    05-26-13 06:16 PM
    Looking good.
    Questions for you sir: How do you access the power button? My PB requires access to the power button to turn it on and off (not so much off but definitely to turn on)... Also, file transfers... Do you have your router in your garage so you connect the PB and transfer wirelessly or what?
    Just to clarify some of the comments. When the pb enters STANDBY mode, if you swipe from Bezel to Bezel (any bezel to its opposite) the pb will come out of standby. If the pb is actually OFF, then access to the Power button would be required. Also, when the pb is charging, actually just tapping the screen usually brings it out of Standby.
    05-26-13 06:36 PM
    Just to clarify some of the comments. When the pb enters STANDBY mode, if you swipe from Bezel to Bezel (any bezel to its opposite) the pb will come out of standby. If the pb is actually OFF, then access to the Power button would be required. Also, when the pb is charging, actually just tapping the screen usually brings it out of Standby.
    Exactly. I never power it down. Doing so would require me to remove the surround to get to the Power button. So just stand by it goes into. I may eventually try some sort of thing that is at the top of the surround like a hole or something so I could access it. But I'll wait till I get my new surround to play around with ideas so I can destroy the existing one while experimenting

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    05-26-13 06:43 PM
    That looks great.
    05-26-13 09:39 PM