I'm hearing a lot of chatter indicating that Rogers had postponed LTE launch in Winnipeg as they were waiting for Allstream to be sold off my MTS and then acquire MTS (and their cell-towers across Manitoba) without having to spend millions on licensing deals? Allstream was sold off two days ago, when is Rogers taking over MTS?

Does anyone have any info on this?
    05-26-13 09:46 AM
    I'm hearing a lot of chatter indicating that Rogers had postponed LTE launch in Winnipeg as they were waiting for Allstream to be sold off my MTS and then acquire MTS (and their cell-towers across Manitoba) without having to spend millions on licensing deals? Allstream was sold off two days ago, when is Rogers taking over MTS?

Does anyone have any info on this?
    I'm still waiting on Rogers to respond to the CRTC and myself. I was sick of the stupid "delayed" answers and went straight to the CRTC with a request that Rogers properly explain themselves. That being said, still haven't heard anything.
    05-26-13 09:51 AM
    What departments are covered by Allstream? I'm confused as how they can sell that but still be in business. I've been in Manitoba pretty much all my life and know nothing about MTS. Lol.
    06-02-13 03:02 PM
    Allstream has the nationwide data backbone infrastructure. MTS had bought Allstream when MTS wanted to compete with Rogers, Bell and Telus. The sale of Allstream indicates that MTS is done with the competing. Allstream wasn't making any money either and most of its systems are legacy systems which MTS didn't want to spend money on to upgrade (apparently). Either way, MTS is now on it's own... until Bell or Telus buy it.

It looks like Rogers and Shaw can't buy it because then they would have 80% of cell market or 100% of TV market in MB, which is against regulations.

Either way, I'm tired of being on 4G after being told that LTE would be here a week after I signed my contract, which was last year! I think Rogers owes all the customers, that were lied to, a refund.
    06-02-13 04:36 PM
    Agreed. I'm tired of 4G.

What does it mean for that Egyptian based company that bought Allstream then?
    06-02-13 05:44 PM
    It makes it easier for them to offer WIND mobile services across Canada
    06-02-13 06:35 PM