Here's my bold with the OEM all black bezel. Not the easiest job but with patience and the right tools it's not that hard.

10-10-08 11:33 AM
    And the tools I used.

10-10-08 11:33 AM
    Where did you get the black bezel? Or did you paint it yourself?
    10-10-08 11:36 AM
    hmmm, sorry to say i dont like it, the shiny silver bezel seperates it from the rest and gives it a sleek look, the black makes it look plain IMO.
    10-10-08 11:36 AM
    hmmm, sorry to say i dont like it, the shiny silver bezel seperates it from the rest and gives it a sleek look, the black makes it look plain IMO.
    I disagree. The black makes it look sleeker and slimmer looking. Also if anything it's what sets it apart from all the other bolds. Now it's called the BBBB. Black bold blackberry. Lol.
    10-10-08 11:39 AM
    Where did you get the black bezel? Or did you paint it yourself?
    You can get it from cnn.cn. It's an OEM bezel.
    aparkins30 likes this.
    10-10-08 11:40 AM
    very nice! i like it!

and awww, dinner with mom. good son!
    10-10-08 11:41 AM
    Not bad. But then if everyone had black bezels and then someone slapped a silver one on, what would we then think ?

Definitely different !
    10-10-08 11:53 AM
    Looks pretty good. I like it.
    10-10-08 11:58 AM
    I am thinking about doing this but worried i wont be able to put it back togther. Did you follow a walkthrough?
    10-10-08 12:01 PM
    black bold blackberry, lol, but what if you had a red bezel with a red leather battery cover, hmm .
    10-10-08 12:02 PM
    Looks nice. I think the sleek black is nice...
    10-10-08 12:04 PM
    Did the T4 work OK? I thought the Bold needed a T5?
    10-10-08 12:11 PM
    Did the T4 work OK? I thought the Bold needed a T5?
    I just grabbed my T4 first and it worked but I just tried the T5 and it's a tighter/better fit.
    10-10-08 12:36 PM
    Hi carsmovies,

Any chance of a talk through on how to get the buttons off the old bezel and on the new bezel. As the video on ccn doesn't show this part of the transfer and this the only bit I'm not sure of how to do for when mine arrives. It would be greatly appreciated.

Marc
    10-10-08 12:56 PM
    Hi carsmovies,

Any chance of a talk through on how to get the buttons off the old bezel and on the new bezel. As the video on ccn doesn't show this part of the transfer and this the only bit I'm not sure of how to do for when mine arrives. It would be greatly appreciated.

Marc
    I'm not gonna take it apart again to do a video but it's very easy to take the buttons off with the tweezers I used. If I had to order and do it again I would have ordered new buttons and just left the old ones on the old bezel cause once you're taken them off the little rubber on them that holds onto the little plastic pins gets a little stretched and then doesn't hold on tightly so until you put the board back in they fall out easily.
    10-10-08 01:13 PM
    Hi carsmovies,

Many thanks for your prompt response and great explanation, do you think it's worth buying a new set of buttons? or do you think finding new rubber bands for it would be easy enough to do. Sorry for all the questions but your last answer has reassured me i am capable of doing the change over.

Marc
    10-10-08 01:19 PM
    that is so sexxxy!
    10-10-08 01:22 PM
    I can't wait for mine to come in...
    10-10-08 01:28 PM
    Hot... Nice work and thx for sharing the look with us

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-08 01:29 PM
    looks awesome!
    10-10-08 01:33 PM
    Hi carsmovies,

Many thanks for your prompt response and great explanation, do you think it's worth buying a new set of buttons? or do you think finding new rubber bands for it would be easy enough to do. Sorry for all the questions but your last answer has reassured me i am capable of doing the change over.

Marc
    I know you did not ask me but I reused my buttons. I just did not stretch them too much. Was pretty simple. The volume button dropped off and i just tacked it with a tad of glue.
    10-10-08 01:55 PM
    I'm not gonna take it apart again to do a video but it's very easy to take the buttons off with the tweezers I used. If I had to order and do it again I would have ordered new buttons and just left the old ones on the old bezel cause once you're taken them off the little rubber on them that holds onto the little plastic pins gets a little stretched and then doesn't hold on tightly so until you put the board back in they fall out easily.
    I dont think it is the rubber stretching that is the problem. It looks like the post pins that the rubber loops attached to are soldered a little to keep the buttons in place.

Here is mine by the way.

10-10-08 02:08 PM
    Silver looks better
    10-10-08 02:43 PM
    Would love to do it!

Don't think I have the b*lls to though!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-08 02:48 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD