Hey Chris first of I am a big fan on all your business articles on BBRY, keep up the great articles. I know from past articles that you actually use to work in the analyst side of things? maybe you still do? I have some questions regarding BBRY and would love to hear what your thoughts are on my questions.

We all know that BBRY has a massive short interest probably one of the largest that I have seen personally and I am not too sure on all the rules of shorts really work as far as having to be repurchased and having their shorts covered at some point. I would like to know what exactly would happen to all the shorts IF hypothetically speaking if every shareholder, or majority of shareholders put a SELL price on their shares for $200.00 per share? Would all the shorts be forced to purchase and replace the borrowed shares at $200.00 a share? We all know there is a massive short interest so what would happen if all shareholders came together to screw over all the shorts and only sell the stock at $200.00? Is this illegal? Would shorts be forced to eventually buy at this price? Have you ever seen this happen before?

I think it would be really awesome to start an awesome rally against the shorts and make them pay dearly. We all know that BBRY is not even close to being worth $200.00 but at the same time we know all the dirty antics that are going on in the market. New rumors have surfaced about a Hedge fund bulling a bank to fire a Bull analyst on BBRY. I am not sure if there is any truth to this at all. I just know there is an awesome thing called supply and demand and if all shareholders made a pack together to put a $200.00 sell price on their stock then eventually they would have to re purchase that that price and maybe make wall street history

Hopefully Chris can make some comments on this
    05-25-13 03:21 PM
    Hypothetically, yes, they would need to cover if it hit $200 (they'd probably be called much earlier than that).

But you said it best yourself, the company is not worth $200 a share (or the market does not perceive the company to be worth $200 a share), and no market participants would buy shares of the company at that price. It's sort of implied when the stock is at $15 or so that you'd be willing to sell it at $200 at any given moment. Market mechanics would probably just throw the order out anyway.

But you have the idea of a short squeeze correct, but I don't think it needs to be that drastic. Company just needs to give the market a reason it is worth much more than it's current valued at.
    05-25-13 03:37 PM
    Hypothetically, yes, they would need to cover if it hit $200 (they'd probably be called much earlier than that).

But you said it best yourself, the company is not worth $200 a share (or the market does not perceive the company to be worth $200 a share), and no market participants would buy shares of the company at that price. It's sort of implied when the stock is at $15 or so that you'd be willing to sell it at $200 at any given moment. Market mechanics would probably just throw the order out anyway.

But you have the idea of a short squeeze correct, but I don't think it needs to be that drastic. Company just needs to give the market a reason it is worth much more than it's current valued at.
    I totally agree with everything you say... I guess what i meant was that if every shareholder put a sell on the stock at 200.00 good for a year almost like a sell order then technically speaking wouldn't those shorts have to cover at that price?? kinda like a " we know you have to cover your shorts- so now we are going to make you pay" lmao.. wasnt sure if that is even legal????
    05-25-13 03:42 PM
    I guess basically blackmailing them knowing they have to buy back in.. but we have dictated the price of 200.00
    05-25-13 03:43 PM