I'm new to bb, and so far loving my z10

I miss different search engines in the browser though, especially duckduckgo.
    Am I the only one here? I ask because if there's some decent interest, we could ask the developers to get it integrated

For those who don't know duckduckgo, it focuses on direct search and privacy.

For those that miss other search engines like Wikipedia or wolfram alpha or a lot of other things, duckduckgo is the next best thing because of their !bang tags
    For example !w apple gives you the Wikipedia apple page, !yf bbry gives you the BlackBerry stock page directly in yahoo finance and so on

Srry for the long post, I love typing on this thing

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 02:20 PM
    I use it on my PC.
    05-25-13 02:21 PM
    Same here, would be nice to have it in the browser, I have it as my homepage now

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 02:28 PM
    You can easily add your own search provider by visiting DuckDuckGo and then clicking on "Create Search" in the menu.
    05-25-13 02:30 PM
    Hey thanks didn't find it

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 02:31 PM
    Agreed, I use it on my PC as well

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 02:44 PM
    The CEO (Gabriel Weinberg) came to my university to talk to my Intro to Computer Science class about start-ups (the company is based in Philadelphia). Really great person and an inspiring and invigorating story. Actually made me want to pursue something similar!

The site itself is a fantastic alternative to Google, Bing, and the like. During his demonstration, he showed us exactly why he decided to start a search engine that gives everyone the exact same results, no matter what. Needless to say, it was a really eye-opening experience into how sites like Google operate and how they really do get to know us.
    05-25-13 03:22 PM
    Great site, I use it all the time now instead of Google. Best privacy site ever

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 03:24 PM
    Great to see a lot of interest
    I think ddg is getting better by the day

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 03:31 PM
    Used to use Scroogle before google sabotaged the poor SOB. I even hate youtube now those data nazis own the thing. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

We live in the world of the slow boiling frog and if you don't take personal responsibility for restricting access to your own private data then you will inevitably end up suffering in one many ways.

We need BlackBerry just to break up these data hijack monopolies. Democracy cannot exist without privacy, hence the existence of anonymous ballots. No data privacy = no democracy, period.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 04:32 PM
    "I ask because if there's some decent interest, we could ask the developers to get it integrated"

Hi, I work at DuckDuckGo. Thanks for trying us out. What is the process to get added to BB?

Thanks!
    05-28-13 06:54 AM
    I had looked at duckduckgo a while ago and had not followed up on using it. Thanks to the OP and other posters here, I have put the add-on on my Firefox browser and added it as a search engine on my Z10 browser.
    05-28-13 10:34 AM
    I feel stupid, but I can't seem to find the spot to add any new search engine to my Z10 browser. It's stuck on stupid Bing (worst SE ever) how do I change that to google or ddg or anyone else? haha I found a "reset search engines" button in the browser options but nowhere to select or change my search engine?
    05-28-13 10:41 AM
    You can easily add your own search provider by visiting DuckDuckGo and then clicking on "Create Search" in the menu.
    This works! Try it!

After I did it it is now available in Search app and in the url bar of browser. See screen shot below.

Any duckduckgo interest here?-img_00000817.png
    05-28-13 10:44 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ne-z10-772493/

Sorry this was for chrispipe. How to change search engine

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 10:47 AM
    Thanks bud!

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 11:08 AM