I have a bunch of saved SMS Text messages on my curve that I need to get from my phone to my PC and I was wondering if was a way to get a bunch of text messages off the phone without forwarding each individual message via email. Any help out there?
    10-10-08 10:27 AM
    Your pretty much stuck with copy and paste each one, as of now thats pretty much it. That is until someone writes an app to take care of this
    10-10-08 10:40 AM
    Umm...short answer: no.

Long answer: you can fish them out of a backup file, but I'm not sure exactly how you do it.

If I were you and in the habit of needing to get text messages off your phone I'd look into DexRex for Blackberry. It archives all your SMS messages (with WLM and BBM support to come) to an online account.
    10-10-08 10:40 AM
    DexRex looks like a good option, but I think a lot of folks would rather have a desktop version of something a long the same lines as DexRex. But looks like it does the job for anyone with a ton of IM and SMS to archive.
    10-10-08 11:48 AM
    I just downloaded DEXREX and I'm trying it now. It's been archiving for about 45 minutes. I'll let you know how it works out.

well it didn't do what I need. It'll archieve a current conversation but won't pull texts off the phone that are already on it. Oh well
    Last edited by pgrtag; 10-10-08 at 12:10 PM.
    10-10-08 11:50 AM
    I just downloaded DEXREX and I'm trying it now. It's been archiving for about 45 minutes. I'll let you know how it works out.

well it didn't do what I need. It'll archieve a current conversation but won't pull texts off the phone that are already on it. Oh well
    No it doesn't pull existing messages off your phone. Most BB apps don't pull existing info off your phone. It's great for the future though.

And I like that it's online...I'm not sure how it would work offline. I like that I can log on from wherever and get at them.

It's also useful when I needed to register a threat with the police. Just pulled the file and attached it to my complaint!
    10-10-08 12:41 PM
    Have we missed the obvious?

Paste them into an email and send to an account you have at the computer.

Trick is getting them organized into a working document. Copy and Paste to Memo pad works, but now we have WordToGo and that makes it possible to create, save and send attached DOC files too.

Those can be copied with Windows while connected.
    10-10-08 12:52 PM
    I have a bunch of saved SMS Text messages on my curve that I need to get from my phone to my PC and I was wondering if was a way to get a bunch of text messages off the phone without forwarding each individual message via email. Any help out there?
    Give this a try www. atomichelix.com/notify/index.html to save them to the memopad.

Jeffrey
    10-10-08 02:05 PM
    No it doesn't pull existing messages off your phone. Most BB apps don't pull existing info off your phone. It's great for the future though.

And I like that it's online...I'm not sure how it would work offline. I like that I can log on from wherever and get at them.

It's also useful when I needed to register a threat with the police. Just pulled the file and attached it to my complaint!
    Sounds like you have alot of problems with people harrassing you as that's the main reason you use it?... I need the app for similar reasons but not only for a complaint but for court use, legal things. Been looking the internet. It's hard for me to believe there's no way to get sms messages off a cell phone but EVERY im message on your computer is right there... Makes NO sense!....
    08-13-09 12:29 AM
    I don't see how that application at atomichelix.com/notify/index.html works for SMS text messages. It says it's for email messages. I think the copy and paste message is pretty good so far but I'm still looking...
    08-13-09 12:46 AM
    I don't mean to bring back an old thread but figured it's better to use this one, it's 2013 now and has there been an easier/better way other then copy/paste each message to email to my computer
    03-19-13 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD