Playing around with the Z10 in the first couple of days of getting it, I had generally good impressions. However when I tried to use it as my daily driver, that is when a lot of issues quickly became apparent.

I set up all of my work accounts, and resolved to make it though the day with just the Z10. Just in case though, I carried around my Galaxy S3 as a backup.

Here an attachment has come through as "unnamed", and there is no way for me to see what it was.

Looking at my S3, the attachment turns out to be an ".eml" file. The sender had forwarded an email, and the attachment was another email containing the Excel file. This opened up fine in the S3

In this email someone was tryingto send me a PDF. I replied asking her if she forgot to send the attachment.

Oops. Turns out she did send the attachment, because I got them in the S3.

Here is another case of a missing attachment. Notice the email says "read the attached document". What attached document?

Oh here it is, on the S3:

Now on to Facebook. Take a look at the message for 7:35AM below.

The message didn't make sense because it was completely missing images. Here's what I was supposed to see.

On a positive note, the html formatted emails is flawless on the Z10 whereas on the S3 sometimes you would get a jumble of html codes.

The need to scroll horizontally in emails was a bit annoying. Ironically this particular email came from BlackBerry.

THis is what the same email looks like on the S3

A major problem is that sometimes there is a big delay in receiving emails. Most times, Outlook on Windows, the S3 and the Z10 would get emails within a second of each other. At certain times there were huge swaths of dead time when the Z10 wouldn't get any emails, sometimes for up to half an hour. It would catch up eventually. I have screenshots of this as well.

I learned about the five swipe hub reset and while it solved some problems (unread message count not matching the unread message), it didn't help with the prblems above.

I also noticed that the blinking LED would stop blinking after a while. Has this been fixed in 10.1? Because this is a fatal flaw to having a notification LED. How do you know if there's a message waiting for you? I also ran into the bug when the all the notification sounds were set to silent. After one hour of the phone being silent I started to wonder what's up.

The fundamental problem is one of TRUST. I found myself constantly turning on the phone or constantly swiping to the hub because I had the nagging fear that I've missed something. WIth every email I get, I could never be sure if it was missing an attachment. Whenever I get a facebook message in the hub, I ended up opening up the Facebook app to make sure I didn't miss a picture or voice message. I could never be sure if there's a message waiting for me because I couldn't trust the LED. And when the hub is telling me I have new voicemails or messages, I can't be sure if it's a false positive.

I need a messaging platform I can completely trust.
    richardat and triplekia like this.
    05-24-13 02:19 PM
    This is an ongoing issue with people I know as well. It has something to do with the email provider you're using and the incompatibility with BB, which shouldn't be happening.

But what I've realized as well is that most of these issues were resolved with 10.1, so if you're in 10.0, there's your problem.
    richardat likes this.
    05-24-13 02:33 PM
    I have gotten every attachment anyone has sent. Not sure about the .eml file type. Why wouldn't they just forward the email? It seems silly to attach it to another email. In my entire professional career, I have never seen a .eml file.

I get my emails instantly on my Z, too - faster than in my desktop Outlook at work, oddly enough.

Facebook... dunno. Don't use it.

As for the LED, it turns itself off when you peek. You said you were peeking a lot, thus it probably turned off a lot.

It's funny that you're comparing with the S3. I returned mine after three months because it was so insufferably slow and unreliable. I would take my old Torch (and did) over that piece of garbage, certainly from a productivity standpoint.

Posted via CB10
    bb624 and mrzeolite like this.
    05-24-13 02:45 PM
    "Try loading external images. "

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    05-24-13 02:56 PM
    "Try loading external images. "
    Where is this option in Facebook in the hub?
    05-24-13 03:06 PM
    Haha, me too!

I get my emails instantly on my Z, too - faster than in my desktop Outlook at work, oddly enough.

As for the LED, it turns itself off when you peek. You said you were peeking a lot, thus it probably turned off a lot.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 03:55 PM
    Thanks for sharing. Try 10.1 and let us know how you make out.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 04:08 PM
    It does seem strange that you're not getting ANY attachments. Must be an incompatibility issue. Hope 10.1 fixes it.
    05-24-13 04:23 PM
    It does seem strange that you're not getting ANY attachments. Must be an incompatibility issue. Hope 10.1 fixes it.
    I was getting most of my attachments. These are just some of the ones that were missed.

I know one of them was sent from an iPhone. But most were sent from vanilla outlook and Exchange servers.
    05-24-13 04:35 PM
    I was getting most of my attachments. These are just some of the ones that were missed.

I know one of them was sent from an iPhone. But most were sent from vanilla outlook and Exchange servers.
    Oh, OK. Still I suspect that future updates will fix these types of issues. It can be a pain in the mean time though. Good luck.
    05-24-13 04:43 PM
    So sorry to read about your issues. I use my Z10 as my daily driver and have not had any bad experiences with emails, FB messages etc. In fact I have been able to rely on my phone for an emergency overseas travel and it has been a lifesaver. I have been able to check emails, open and posts photos etc through Wifi . Hope your issues will get resolved with the update.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    05-24-13 04:59 PM
    If the PDF was sent from a Mac with Mac Mail, that may be the problem. I know there is an issue there, as I cannot send PDFs from my Mac to some recipients. I think I even had this problem emailing a PDF to myself and then trying to find it in the mail on a BlackBerry Bold. It is not BlackBerry specific and may even be a problem with some of the Windows email programs.

There is a thread on it on the Mac site and I think it is related to how the encoding is done to make the PDF appear within the email rather than as an attachment.
    mujahid 10 likes this.
    05-24-13 09:48 PM
    I have had no issues with facebook messaging within the hub after updating to 10.1.0.1720
    05-24-13 11:15 PM
    Where is this option in Facebook in the hub?
    The images load just fine in facebook chat from the hub.
    I'm on 10.1 though.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 12:22 AM
    If the PDF was sent from a Mac with Mac Mail, that may be the problem. I know there is an issue there, as I cannot send PDFs from my Mac to some recipients. I think I even had this problem emailing a PDF to myself and then trying to find it in the mail on a BlackBerry Bold. It is not BlackBerry specific and may even be a problem with some of the Windows email programs.

There is a thread on it on the Mac site and I think it is related to how the encoding is done to make the PDF appear within the email rather than as an attachment.
    This wouldn't explain why the same attachments were handled OK on the Galaxy.
    05-25-13 08:34 AM
    I have gotten every attachment anyone has sent. Not sure about the .eml file type. Why wouldn't they just forward the email? It seems silly to attach it to another email. In my entire professional career, I have never seen a .eml file.

It's funny that you're comparing with the S3. I returned mine after three months because it was so insufferably slow and unreliable. I would take my old Torch (and did) over that piece of garbage, certainly from a productivity standpoint.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah! So there op! You must be making this up!
    05-25-13 08:36 AM
    I empathize with the OP on the horizontal scrolling for emails. I wish the text could re-align to the orientation of the available screen space. To work around it, I've had to pinch in to the email so that it all fits in the frame.

I also wish the double tap to zoom into text in the browser allowed multiple levels of zoom which automatically aligns the text to the screen. I find that I get one double tap to zoom in, but if I want the text larger, I have to pinch out but that then runs the text off the screen requiring horizontal scrolling. Hope that made sense!

Another pet peeve is there's no auto magnification if I'm trying to click on two links that are really close together. Instead I have to pinch out to zoom so that I have enough room for my sausage fingers to hit the right link. I thought BlackBerry was going to incorporate some type of auto zoom where if it senses that your finger is hitting an area on the screen with multiple links, it will automatically magnify that area so that you can easily make your selection? I've seen that on iPhones and android devices.

Pet peeves aside, the z10 is a magnificent device which I trust whole heartedly. It is hands down my daily driver and I am so happy with it!

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 12:21 PM
    im not sure why blackberry cant master the whole auto fit pages thing. The reader option on the browser is terrible and doesnt pick up all sites. You would think it would have been fixed in 10.1. the fact it wasnt tells me bb's devs dont even use their browser for browsing.
    05-25-13 12:28 PM
    What??? The BB10 reader is miles better than anything I've seen on other platforms...go play with iOS if you want to see bad rendering lol.

Posted via CB10
    Brandon Orr likes this.
    05-25-13 12:33 PM
    What??? The BB10 reader is miles better than anything I've seen on other platforms...go play with iOS if you want to see bad rendering lol.

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't work with all sites the way auto fit does. And all other platforms auto fit. That's way better. It's the real page..not a dumbed down version that doesn't display everything...so not sure how that's better then all other os?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 12:38 PM
    And again.

How does a reader not picking up all sites perform better then all other os browsers that do?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 01:03 PM
    I have my 4s right here...it does not work as well as my Z when rendering Web pages (at least the ones I am using)...I don't know what or why your saying otherwise but it's wrong in my opinion....give some examples.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 01:07 PM
    A lot of forums aren't able to be done by the reader.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 01:09 PM
    I have my 4s right here...it does not work as well as my Z when rendering Web pages (at least the ones I am using)...I don't know what or why your saying otherwise but it's wrong in my opinion....give some examples.

Posted via CB10
    Why would you possibly need another phone with you if you have the power of the z10 ;

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 01:10 PM
    This is from Apes own Web page using the Z's browser and Reader:

Used the Z10 as my daily driver, here's what I found-img_00000232.png

What's wrong with this?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 01:10 PM
62 123