Hi

I want to restore my Z10 to the factory settings. I recently updated my OS to 10.1 and I wanted to know if my OS would go back to 10.0?

Could someone tell me please before I do this.

Thanks

05-24-13 09:24 AM
    Run an auto loader, in the middle of writing, pull the battery out, you will see the light blinking. You can restore from there.

PIN : 24f3b3bf
    05-24-13 10:10 AM
    To restore to factory settings, all you have to do is:

Settings > Security > Security Wipe

If you want to reload the software, turn the device down and then plug it to BB Link. It will try to connect and ask if you want to update. Do so. Will load the most current software for your carrier and give you out of the box exeperience, back to the set up screen.
    05-24-13 10:31 AM
    If you're now on 10.1 and wishes to revert back to 10.0, factpry reset won't do it. It'll just reformat your current os. To do so, one way know of, you'll need earlier version of bb link, not the latest one.. open bb link, plug in your phone.. at bb link, open setting, click on reload device software.. of something like that, i don't quite remember it.. it will search fos os file and found the 10.0 os update.. be patient n wait until it done.. make sure battery is full just to be sure.. works fine with my z10.. from 10.1 official to 10.0 official..

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:55 AM
    Thanks! I don't want to go back to the old OS! I'm Z10 newbie so I wanted to make sure if i factory reset my OS won't change!! Thanks a lot...I can safely do the factory reset now!
    05-24-13 02:07 PM
    Will this delete files and other previously downloaded apps?
    To restore to factory settings, all you have to do is:

Settings > Security > Security Wipe

If you want to reload the software, turn the device down and then plug it to BB Link. It will try to connect and ask if you want to update. Do so. Will load the most current software for your carrier and give you out of the box exeperience, back to the set up screen.
    09-15-13 01:03 AM
    Will this delete files and other previously downloaded apps?
    Yes, it'll delete all your pics, music contacts etc. It shouldn't wipe anything from the media card but pull it just in case. I'd recommend doing a backup beforehand just in case you need it. All your apps can be replaced with one tap in BlackBerry World under my world. Contacts should reappear when you set up your email again.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    09-15-13 01:44 AM
    Thanks. Before doing this, you think there's an alternative with my problem? I already deleted wechat apps, but notifications are still in hub. I tried to install wechat through BlackBerry World but I am just given OPEN option instead of download or install. thanks
    09-15-13 01:55 AM
    Yep, go into BlackBerry world - my world - my apps and games, press and hold Wechat, select the dustbin from the right hand menu, then restart phone by holding up and down volume keys for a few seconds (ignore the screenshot camera sound) wait until phone starts to reboot and release buttons. That should do it.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    09-15-13 03:39 AM
    Failed to uninstall wechat. That's the error when I tried deleting or uninstalling it please help. Thanks.
    09-15-13 08:23 AM
    Since I updated my OS last month, my z10 experience has hit rock bottom. I'm practically frustrated cos I can't seem to use my camera anymore. Whenever I try to snap pictures, it keeps telling, "camera is in use, please turn off any application using the camera and try again". This is driving me nuts. Also I noticed that my picture folder has been re-arranged from older pics to new ones, so imagine trying to go through your pics and you have to scroll all the way from old pics to new.

Finally, the battery life of the phone is now totally wack, I have to constantly keep my phone charging cos the minute I unplug, it just goes off without warning. I never used to have these issues till I did the upgrade, is there anyway I can go back to 10.1.0.4181, I loved my phone when it was running on this OS. I have tried the security wipe (factory reset) and even also tried to reload software using BB link, all to no avail.

Please HELP before I loose my mind!!!
    12-04-13 09:03 AM
    You might be able to find autoloaders for older versions of the OS. Check the BBOS Subforum for info or to ask for more help.
    12-04-13 09:42 AM