Stupid kid at my school saw me taking out my z10. Then he asks "why are you taking your iPhone out of a BlackBerry case ". I had to show him how it's a z10. Then he started to insult my phone so I ignored him and started to play mc4. Then, he asked me why I'm playing an iPhone game on a BlackBerry. How dumb? Like how is it an iPhone game, it's on every platform yet "it's an iPhone game "

Anyone else have such a stupid incident with idie hards

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 02:51 PM
    Haha that's pretty funny! When i got my Z10 and went on vaca, alot of people thought the Z10 was an iPhone (most said it looked the same, even when they saw the BBRY branding). BBRY did a great job making the Z10 still have that traditional BB look in a market where you can only do so much to make a touchscreen device "not look like an iPhone"... one of the many reasons why i love my Z10! Thanks for sharing the story though!
    BB12MX likes this.
    05-23-13 02:57 PM
    Tell him iphone is so 2008 and then di** punch him!

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    toobs623, Rezia, sirk25 and 36 others like this.
    05-23-13 02:57 PM
    Don't mind that kid, he probably eats paint chips, picks his nose and has a sibling that mercilessly abuses them everyday and gives them super wedgies....

While there are many devices out there that upon first glance look like another, some people are just not aware of what's out there. It's especially true in regards to what non-BlackBerry users know about BlackBerry (look at all of the people that parrot the whole "BlackBerry is dead" or "I didn't know they still make BlackBerries" mantra some folks seem to espouse).
    05-23-13 03:00 PM

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    I actually thought about that. Does anyone else have similar experiences?

Posted via CB10
    adjdudley21 and psskid like this.
    05-23-13 03:01 PM
    Lol todays kids...

The sad thing is that owning an iPhone has become somewhat of a status thing with kids here in Sweden. So sad.

I gave my daughter my old Nexus though and she can't have that alone in school. The other kids are impressed with the bigger screen and that she can change the appearance. She has had to put password on it because everyone wants to play with it.

Posted via CB10
    Stocklone and BergerKing like this.
    05-23-13 03:12 PM
    Lol todays kids...

The sad thing is that owning an iPhone has become somewhat of a status thing with kids here in Sweden. So sad.

I gave my daughter my old Nexus though and she can't have that alone in school. The other kids are impressed with the bigger screen and that she can change the appearance. She has had to put password on it because everyone wants to play with it.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, but yeah, I live in Canada and the best thing is iPhone, then Samsung, then BlackBerry and Windows tied. Personally, I love my phone

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 03:16 PM
    Lol, but yeah, I live in Canada and the best thing is iPhone, then Samsung, then BlackBerry and Windows tied. Personally, I love my phone

Posted via CB10
    I've used Android, Windows Phone, MeGoo, Android again and now BB. The later is my favorite.

iPhone dominates the Swedish market though. Then comes Samsung. Anything else except iPhone and Android is pretty unseen.
    05-23-13 03:21 PM
    I havent had that problem mostly because when people have seen me with my Z10 im doing things iphones cant.
    curvezzz likes this.
    05-23-13 03:24 PM
    I actually get that reaction a lot with my PlayBook. People see it and the BlackBerry logo, and then they see me playing NOVA and DEAD SPACE and ANGRY BIRDS and PLANTS and ZOMBIES and MODERN COMBAT, then they start asking a bunch of questions. A lot of people have no idea that the PlayBook has as many games as it does, nor plays the types of games that it does.

I find it kind of cool when they realize it's a surprisingly sharp little gaming device. :-)
    05-23-13 03:27 PM
    I actually get that reaction a lot with my PlayBook. People see it and the BlackBerry logo, and then they see me playing NOVA and DEAD SPACE and ANGRY BIRDS and PLANTS and ZOMBIES and MODERN COMBAT, then they start asking a bunch of questions. A lot of people have no idea that the PlayBook has as many games as it does, nor plays the types of games that it does.

I find it kind of cool when they realize it's a surprisingly sharp little gaming device. :-)
    The playbook is a fantastic little device. I wish it got more love from blackberry
    05-23-13 03:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    well at least it's blackberry/windows is tied for 3rd or last - depends on how you look at it.
    zeteo likes this.
    05-23-13 03:32 PM
    well at least it's blackberry/windows is tied for 3rd or last - depends on how you look at it.
    Well BlackBerry is selling better but people are actually dissing it and loving windows

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 03:34 PM
    That's the great thing about having a white Z10. At least it makes people start up a Conversation and gives me a chance to do a demo. Before when I had a BlackBerry i just got either no response or a sarcastic comment.
    The other day when I was in a shop, the sales assistant asked if that was an HTC i didn't say anything just did a quick demo of the features and let him play with the keyboard at which point he spotted the BlackBerry logo. He then told me how much cooler that was than his iPhone. Turns out he was thinking of getting an HTC as his contract was out. By the time I left the shop he said he was going to get a Z10. Result.

Posted from my Z10 with CB10
    05-23-13 03:46 PM
    That's the great thing about having a white Z10. At least it makes people start up a Conversation and gives me a chance to do a demo. Before when I had a BlackBerry i just got either no response or a sarcastic comment.
    The other day when I was in a shop, the sales assistant asked if that was an HTC i didn't say anything just did a quick demo of the features and let him play with the keyboard at which point he spotted the BlackBerry logo. He then told me how much cooler that was than his iPhone. Turns out he was thinking of getting an HTC as his contract was out. By the time I left the shop he said he was going to get a Z10. Result.

Amazing!

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 03:47 PM

Sadly, I have a black z10 so everyone mistakens it with other phones, though I prefer the black color

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 03:47 PM
    I was in the Apple store today looking at the Nike Fuelbands as apparently the running stores here do not carry them. The girl talking to me asked how I liked my iPhone 5 I said I hated it she looked shocked. Then I told her I just love my Blackberry Z10 though lol. She was in shock at what I was able to do with it and how fast it was compared to her iPhone 5.
    05-23-13 03:49 PM
    I was in the Apple store today looking at the Nike Fuelbands as apparently the running stores here do not carry them. The girl talking to me asked how I liked my iPhone 5 I said I hated it she looked shocked. Then I told her I just love my Blackberry Z10 though lol. She was in shock at what I was able to do with it and how fast it was compared to her iPhone 5.
    Iphones are slow but interesting story

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 03:51 PM
    I get people mistaking my Z10 for Iphone all the time. I tell them that Iphone and Android had an affair, and that this is their illegitimate child! Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Gatmyer, gschep, vicks80 and 6 others like this.
    05-23-13 03:53 PM
    In South Africa iPhones are more of a status thing yet Legacy BlackBerry devices reign the smartphone space. BIS is still the "IN THING". I've been given the weird look for owning a Z10... I love it and I love the name calling "it looks like an iPhone" lol
    05-23-13 03:55 PM
    Good lord...how old are you?
    gsdc and pantlesspenguin like this.
    05-23-13 04:06 PM
    Every phone nowadays looks the same in black.
    05-23-13 04:08 PM
    Are your friends like 12.
    05-23-13 04:17 PM
    I get people mistaking my Z10 for Iphone all the time. I tell them that Iphone and Android had an affair, and that this is their illegitimate child! Lol.

Posted via CB10
    LMAO! Yep yep, that's it! That's a good one, I'll have to remember that line. ;-)
    Delirious D and calicocat2010 like this.
    05-23-13 04:25 PM
    Are your friends like 12.
    No lol

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 04:30 PM
141 123 ...