Great, we have a new high res camera that takes high res photos! This creates files never smaller than 1mb. Feel like emailing a few to your mom and dad ? There goes your data.

BlackBerry 10 is missing one simple menu item :
    Picture > share via > platform > image size

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 12:58 PM
    True.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 01:03 PM
    Hmm. I likey!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    05-23-13 01:04 PM
    Great, we have a new high res camera that takes high res photos! This creates files never smaller than 1mb. Feel like emailing a few to your mom and dad ? There goes your data.

BlackBerry 10 is missing one simple menu item :
    Picture > share via > platform > image size

Posted via CB10
    If this is the biggest issue you have BB10 must be pretty damn good
    05-23-13 01:05 PM
    Sorry, but that's far from the "biggest thing missing from BB10".
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    05-23-13 01:11 PM
    it is not the biggest thing but it is just another key feature that BBY missed with the dummed down bb10.. pathetic
    05-23-13 01:13 PM
    Yep. Freaking loving my Z10. But compared to my 9800, this is the one feature I used the most.
    I used to do a lot of uploading to Twitter and FB by emailing the relevant 'secret personal address'. Now I'm forced to use the app clients which appear to send the full image (might be mistaken) as well as being a little more time consuming. Its much quicker going through gallery pics and then : pic > send to email > write subject) than trying to find the pic you want to send via the relevant app.
    Granted the above might be classified 'power user' but that comes with being a BlackBerry user :P

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 01:13 PM
    Yep. Freaking loving my Z10. But compared to my 9800, this is the one feature I used the most.
    I used to do a lot of uploading to Twitter and FB by emailing the relevant 'secret personal address'. Now I'm forced to use the app clients which appear to send the full image (might be mistaken) as well as being a little more time consuming. Its much quicker going through gallery pics and then : pic > send to email > write subject) than trying to find the pic you want to send via the relevant app.
    Granted the above might be classified 'power user' but that comes with being a BlackBerry user :P

Posted via CB10
    You do know that you can share the pic to almost any app from within the Pictures app, right? You don't need to open, lets say facebook for example, and then go to photos within the facebook app. You can just launch the Pictures app, find the photo you want, click "Share" and then select almost whatever app you want to share it to. Including, but not limited to, email. Heck, you can even share it multiple times from within the Pictures app without ever having to leave the picture itself.

Hope this helps ease some of your pain
    05-23-13 01:20 PM
    Yeah got that.

It's a big deal because the biggest change with BB10 is NO MORE BIS which here in SA means NO MORE FREE DATA.

The end result is: I take less pictures because I know I'm not gonna upload as much to whatever platform (BBM, Whatsapp, social, etc).

I.e. I use my phone less.
    I.e. The device is less 'CrackBerry'.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 01:20 PM
    Upload from a PC for God's sake. People whine too much on here about trivial things.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 02:41 PM
    Upload from a PC for God's sake. People whine too much on here about trivial things.

Posted via CB10
    The idea is not having to use a pc to do what all other platforms do native.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 02:45 PM
    One of my big things is the lack of vibrate in holster settings.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 02:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yah forget mobile computing and all this wifi nonsense. Get on that dial up AOL account or use ICQ to send the files that are too big.

notfanboy likes this.
    05-23-13 02:57 PM
    it is not the biggest thing but it is just another key feature that BBY missed with the dummed down bb10.. pathetic
    If BB10 is so pathetic why dont you get the iphone or sg4 which you say are so much better. i've used an sg4 for a short time as a friend has one and if you think BB10 is pathetic the sg4 will set new levels of pethetic for you. the phone was an hour old no aps installed and couldnt keep up with my Z10. or you might go iphone which you say is better than the Q10 (read your old posts) too bad apple makes all their products with the cheapest harware possible and charges premium prices for it. How do i know they use cheap hardware, well friends that work at Apple, sales people at best buy, future shop, a friend that repairs cell phones and a friend that builds and repair computers. They all say how cheap apple products are made. so what is it going to be an OS that needs to be recoded or crap hardware designed to break. Ya and BB10 is pathetic? Sure buddy keep smoking whatever your smoking.
    05-23-13 03:00 PM
    If BB10 is so pathetic why dont you get the iphone or sg4 which you say are so much better. i've used an sg4 for a short time as a friend has one and if you think BB10 is pathetic the sg4 will set new levels of pethetic for you. the phone was an hour old no aps installed and couldnt keep up with my Z10. or you might go iphone which you say is better than the Q10 (read your old posts) too bad apple makes all their products with the cheapest harware possible and charges premium prices for it. How do i know they use cheap hardware, well friends that work at Apple, sales people at best buy, future shop, a friend that repairs cell phones and a friend that builds and repair computers. They all say how cheap apple products are made. so what is it going to be an OS that needs to be recoded or crap hardware designed to break. Ya and BB10 is pathetic? Sure buddy keep smoking whatever your smoking.
    10million sold in 3 weeks and consumer reports calling it the best phone and yadda yadda yadda...
    Must be lots of smoking happening huh

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 03:03 PM
    10million sold in 3 weeks and consumer reports calling it the best phone and yadda yadda yadda...
    Must be lots of smoking happening huh

Posted via CB10
    It's a good phone. Diff strokes for diff folks... i guess. Beauty is as consumers we have tonnes of choices.
    I'm sure half a billion spent by Samsung on marketing dollars helped a bit eh.

05-23-13 03:05 PM
    It's a good phone. Diff strokes for diff folks... i guess. Beauty is as consumers we have tonnes of choices.
    I'm sure half a billion spent by Samsung on marketing dollars helped a bit eh.

Probably not. The gs3 did enough to sell the gs 4 big.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 03:10 PM
    Agreed. I'd also like to be able to record less than 1080p. I can't send videos anymore more than 5 seconds because it's too big for email

Black Tie Z10
    05-23-13 03:10 PM
    I use vibrate as a profile, and it does just that in its holster.
    05-23-13 03:23 PM
    If you are concerned with DATA then that is a problem you need to take up with your carrier.... also umm let me see you resize a picture in android, or Apple.... then get back to me about that... resizing pictures is something that had to happen on Blackberry.. it wasnt a data saving feature, it was a BIS trumping feature... I think it would be cool to have, but why have a HD camera if i send standard quality pictures.. seems counter productive.. Just how I feel, but then again i have unlimited data.. .
    05-23-13 03:25 PM
    how about you use wifi to send your images. there has to be somewhere with free wifi
    05-23-13 03:25 PM
    I think sending is one part of the equation. Sure I'm ok with sending a 20-30meg file. I've got 3 gigs of data. But doesn't mean much if the op wants to email his parents and the email bounces back due to attachment size.

Like many other quirks. Options to change would be nice.

05-23-13 03:32 PM
    I use vibrate as a profile, and it does just that in its holster.
    Not the same way it works in the legacy os. I want it to vibrate only when it is in its holster, then when I take it out its uses normal notifications. Vibrate on all the time is a waste of battery power and annoying, no vibration means I miss some important messages. I can't be the only one who thinks this, right?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 03:52 PM
    Ok look. It was a great feature is all I'm saying. Being able to choose lower res images to send via email.

Example. Salesman on the road taking 30 pictures of parts. Emails them to head office. Sorry, no can do. Incoming mail server rejects mail sizes over 10mb. Z10 can't attach 30 images, I've managed to get it to 10 at once, coming in at 40mb a mail.
    BB7 could attach 30 lower res images and the mail sent in seconds.
    Z10 solution. Send 3 separate emails containing pointlessly high resolution images that cost quite a bit.

Salesman does this a few times a day.
    Productivity goes down.

All I'm saying, that image size option was a good thing.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 12:56 PM
    Finally the option to resize pictures has been added!

Biggest thing missing from BB10-img_20140222_115958.png

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 04:28 AM