Hi there,

I am syncing all of my contacts via Google to my Q10 (OS xxx.238).

All of them properly appear when I use the contacts icon, but when I open contacts by using the phone icon alot of them are missing.

What causes this issue?
    Does anyone have an idea what to do so that when I dial a number using the phone Icon of my Q10 that it shows all Google contacts?

I have checked in both, contacts and by using the phone icon, both are set to only show Google Contacts.

Thanks
    05-23-13 04:04 AM
    Might be the case, if you could check - the ones that are 'missing' - do they have a Phone Number associated with them?
    Just a thought.
    In case if there is no phone number associated with that contact, then it MAY not display under the Contacts tab in the phone module.
    05-23-13 04:08 AM
    Might be the case, if you could check - the ones that are 'missing' do they have a Phone Number associated with them?
    Just a thought.
    In case if there is no phone number associated with that contact, then it MAY not display under the Contacts in the phone tab.
    Yes all of the missing contacts have at least one phone number associated.
    05-23-13 04:10 AM
    I have the same issue on my Z10. Just noticed it today.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 04:12 AM
    Intrigued.

Any chance that
    - the names start with a fancy font/character?
    - contacts have been LINKED to some other contact list (FaceBook, perhaps)?
    05-23-13 04:13 AM
    Recommend making sure they are all in the same category. IE, in my list I have a few that were NOT in "My Contact" list, they showed in the address book, but not in the dialer.

And yes, on the SGS3, but the issue appears to be the same.
    05-23-13 04:15 AM
    Intrigued.

Any chance that
    - the names start with a fancy font/character?
    - contacts have been LINKED to some other contact list (FaceBook, perhaps)?
    What do you mean by fancy font character?
    They are all normal names with a capital letter that the beginning of each, first and last name.

They are linked to FB (I do not use Linkedin on my Q10) but I did not activate the FB Sync in the contacts option in contacts/phone Icon.

What I do not understand, why does the BB O10 apparently host 2 different contacts databases, one by clicking contacts, one by clicking the phone button?
    05-23-13 04:17 AM
    Recommend making sure they are all in the same category. IE, in my list I have a few that were NOT in "My Contact" list, they showed in the address book, but not in the dialer.

Makes more sense.
    05-23-13 04:17 AM
    By Fancy Font - I meant AS some people have been experiencing issues locating contacts on BBM because the Profile name for those contacts starts with a Flag or a smiley ...

Never mind - MobileMadness002's argument makes more sense.
    05-23-13 04:19 AM

What do you mean by "same category" ?
    05-23-13 04:21 AM
    OMG!!!

OP is absolutely right!! Yesterday I couldn't find my friend's phone number and wondered why. He is In my contacts - but via phone app he is gone.

Gosh, how can a big company like BlackBerry mess so many things up??

Besides this, the so much "praised" shortcut to mail someone via "email xy" does take forever to find someone and then I can't email them - if I push "send" nothing happens.

This is so frustrating!!!

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    05-23-13 04:22 AM
    What do you mean by "same category" ?
    Check in your GMAIL account (On your laptop / desktop). Go to Contacts. There will be a Tab / Group / Category - 'My Contacts'. Confirm that the missing contacts are under 'My Contacts'.
    05-23-13 04:23 AM
    Check in your GMAIL account (On your laptop / desktop). Go to Contacts. There will be a Tab / Group / Category - 'My Contacts'. Confirm that the missing contacts are under 'My Contacts'.
    Just checked that, all of my conatcts are in "My Conatacts" in Gmail....
    05-23-13 04:29 AM
    Just checked that, all of my conatcts are in "My Conatacts" in Gmail....
    Sorry, mate. Can't seem to think of anything else that could be causing this.
    All the best, though.
    05-23-13 04:31 AM
    Well, after some fiddling I finally solved the issue!

In Contacts I activated Facebook Sync scrolled though my contacts and also opened the contacts via the dialer app (suddenly the missing contatcs appeared) and afterwards deactived FB sync again et voila all my contacts are now showing up also when I hit the phone dialer icon....not sure why this is so, but problem solved! Thanks for all your help!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by L2C; 05-23-13 at 08:08 AM.
    05-23-13 05:47 AM

In Contacs I activated Facebook sync scrolled though my contacts and also opened the contacts via the dialer app (suddenly the missing contatcs appeared) and afterwards deactived FB sync again et voila all my contacts are now showing up also when I hit the phone dialer icon....not sure why this is so, but problem solved! Thanks for all your help!

Posted via CB10
    Clink
    05-23-13 06:01 AM
    Maybe we should make this a sticky?
    05-23-13 08:09 AM

In Contacts I activated Facebook Sync scrolled though my contacts and also opened the contacts via the dialer app (suddenly the missing contatcs appeared) and afterwards deactived FB sync again et voila all my contacts are now showing up also when I hit the phone dialer icon....not sure why this is so, but problem solved! Thanks for all your help!

Posted via CB10
    I don't see that as a solution for me. I don't want to synchronize my almost 3000 friends on FB just to see my contacts show up.

This is a freaking bug!

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    05-23-13 09:53 PM
    Anyone knows if "set as default" option is available on Q10 ? Lets say you have more than one phone number for same contact, can I pick one to be the default one ?
    05-26-13 06:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU!!!
    This has been troubling me since I got the phone on Day 1 (i.e. for two whole months)!
    07-10-13 11:16 PM
    Mine started on Z10 yesterday after AT&T 10.1 update. And I'm not syncing through Google. But toggling everything on in contacts then toggling off the ones I don't want works.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 11:29 PM
    I have been going through the same since I bought Q10.

I did a lot of fiddling on the same. Sharing below all that I did to sorth the issue :

1. Turned off smart dialing feature in the phone application by setting the country to unknown.
    2. I deleted the gmail account and re-added the account after turning "Find Friends" option to off in Facebook Accounts.
    3. Deleted Facebook Account and App from blackberry (use it only on my iPhone now).
    4. Tried setting sync interval from Auto i.e. 5 mins to 24 hrs to Manual.

While setting sync interval i seem to notice the problem occurs during the sync while I am on Edge (2G) or on 3g or Wifi.
    I deleted a lot of unused contacts and shrinked my gmail contacts (my contacts) from 3500 plus to 1900 contacts.
    The speed of the internet connect is responsible for the missing contacts in the phone app and your sync period plays a very important part if your address book has over 1500 contacts. Set Sync interval to 24 hours (this is again tricky) do this late in the night say around 2 AM when you are usually sleeping. If you set the 24 hr sync interval during your peak phone usage hour then it will be erratic as it would sync contacts at the time when u actually need to use them.

Using Blackberry Q10 White (SQN100-3)
    Software Release : 10.2.1.2102
    Vodafone 404 - 05
    05-06-14 12:27 PM