If this report is true, the fire is real hot.
    The report starts out about sales but then leads in to some real corrupt allegations.
    I hope this will lead to a serious short squeeze.
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1454...?source=nasdaq
    Last edited by 40blind40; 05-22-13 at 02:34 PM. Reason: forgot shortcut
    05-22-13 02:33 PM
    Interesting article
    05-22-13 02:52 PM
    Wow.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 02:53 PM
    Wow.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe someone with a little more legal knowledge could help me out here. If what this writer is saying is true would the SEC get involved.
    I mean threats, hedge funds trying to manipulate the market, people jobs being threatened. I think this is very serious if true.
    05-22-13 03:13 PM
    Wonder if the analyst he's talking about is papageorgio...

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 03:14 PM
    Wonder if the analyst he's talking about is papageorgio...

Posted via CB10
    Thought it was Misek, he said a while back he's gotten a few angry phone calls for his bullish calls.

Anyway, seems like this sort of stuff would be normal on wall street, people make empty threats all the time in high stress environments
    05-22-13 03:22 PM
    Thought it was Misek, he said a while back he's gotten a few angry phone calls for his bullish calls.

Anyway, seems like this sort of stuff would be normal on wall street, people make empty threats all the time in high stress environments
    Threats yes, but a hedge fund pulling there business because of a long position seems to me to be stock manipulation. I'm know legal wiz but this just seems unethical.
    05-22-13 03:29 PM
    This dosen't surprise me at all. Too bad the truth always makes it way out and when it does we see whole really is full of sh*t.
    05-22-13 03:31 PM
    This sort of bullying and outright deception by Wall Street doesn't surprise me one bit. Having watched my stock yo-yo up and down for no reasonable market circumstances beyond wildly inaccurate paid for reports by short sellers the fact Blackberry garners so much stock interest is a telling positive. Short sellers don't drive down a stock they think can't rebound. The question becomes when does market momentum and hard facts finally silence 98% of these tainted marketing reports? When that does happen we will all thankfully see a swift strong rise in real time Blackberry valuations. My guess we are all going to have to ride this for another 6 -9 months before we see stock rise above $20.
    Shanerredflag and nquyen like this.
    05-22-13 03:33 PM
    When the ER comes, all the BS stops for a bit then it restarts eh.
    05-22-13 03:35 PM

Nah, I bet it is the guy with Morgan Stanley. Sort of fits with the whole wall street thing.
    05-22-13 04:59 PM

when there is hundreds of millions of dollars in potential short earnings, i highly doubt these are empty threats

it may very well be Gus Papageorgio but there are still advisors in the ScotiaBank organization that still do not believe in his bullish views and feel that we won't see higher then $25 from BBRY
    05-22-13 06:07 PM
    This is the most interesting/depressing part of that article

I would like to close on a sad note. I have learned of physical threats to a leading long analyst. A certain hedge fund has also pulled its entire business from a bank because it wouldn't fire another long analyst. This should give investors a sense of how nasty this struggle has become and they need to be very wary about what they read in the press or from analysts.
    05-22-13 06:28 PM
    Could it really be true that short sellers are beginning to get THAT desperate? I'd say it remains to be seen whether such reports really are true but this sounds pretty interesting, nonetheless. I'll stay tuned...
    05-22-13 06:39 PM
    The story line for Wall Street gets its premise and plots from somewhere....
    05-22-13 07:03 PM
    Could it really be true that short sellers are beginning to get THAT desperate? I'd say it remains to be seen whether such reports really are true but this sounds pretty interesting, nonetheless. I'll stay tuned...
    thats what happens when you short on a company too soon, a company with a large user base and a large number of loyal users. a company with as much corperate penetration as BlackBerry has. a company with no debt and the assets that BlackBerry has in its corner to help build a compelling product with as much carrier push world wide.

its going to be a **** show from the no morals con artists thats for sure, we longs just have to hold strong and ignore the garbage that is trying to get spread
    theRock1975, Bobcat665 and zyben like this.
    05-22-13 07:21 PM
    This is the most interesting/depressing part of that article
    That is exactly what I wanted people to see, it makes me sad sometimes to think that people would be willing to destroy lives for a green back.
    05-22-13 09:22 PM
    That is exactly what I wanted people to see, it makes me sad sometimes to think that people would be willing to destroy lives for a green back.
    Get used to it. Its how the world works. No one cares about people anymore, some don't even care about their own families and care more about money then anything else and will do anything to get it. Why else would people cheat and rob to make it

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 09:55 PM
    thanks for the post, great read, not surprising, likewise what the markets are going to experience now that dow is set up nicely for a huge drop. be careful. yesterday was just a sampling of what is in store, dow futures down triple digit right now. goo luck. World Markets For Mobile | Financial Quotes
    05-23-13 04:41 AM
    Nah, I bet it is the guy with Morgan Stanley. Sort of fits with the whole wall street thing.
    goldman sachs owns wall st,,, & the known universe...
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-23-13 07:46 AM
    Maybe someone with a little more legal knowledge could help me out here. If what this writer is saying is true would the SEC get involved.
    I mean threats, hedge funds trying to manipulate the market, people jobs being threatened. I think this is very serious if true.
    sec's bought & paid for, too..
    Charles Martin1 and zyben like this.
    05-23-13 07:46 AM
    I am sure the P:R and the IR people at BBRY are very concerned and will be very proactive (I am dreaming of course). I feel sorry for Heins, he has the worst advisors in terms of PR and IR.
    05-23-13 09:05 AM
    I am sure the P:R and the IR people at BBRY are very concerned and will be very proactive (I am dreaming of course). I feel sorry for Heins, he has the worst advisors in terms of PR and IR.
    could be,,, instead of canning the floor people, he needs to can pubrelations & marketing, then hire back a few of the layed-off folks & get them cookin' on playbook BB10,,, (had to say it) ,,, & of course, me as VP of Marketing...
    05-23-13 12:30 PM
    I was sitting in the keynote at Blackberry Live last week in the third row center behind a guy who was telling his buddies that he was walking down the street in New York and ran into a hedge fund guy who was short Blackberry and he threatened him. I have seen Peter Misek on TV and it wasn't him. The only thing I remember about the guy was that he had some pretty big muscles, was in good shapre and it was clear he could take care of himself. Does anybody know what the Morgan Stanley analyst looks like? The shorters are clearly feeling the heat.
    05-23-13 01:03 PM
    I will take 25 bucks over the near term.
    05-23-13 01:07 PM
31 12