I have been using my BlackBerry Q10 for the past two weeks, and I always had device password for it.
    Since I have read that turning off "gestures to unlock" would increase battery life, I have been unlocking the phone by:
    1. Pressing the power button.
    2. Swiping up on the lock screen.
    3. Entering the passcode to unlock.

The thing is, today I have noticed that the "curtain" animation seen while performing the "swiping up" gesture has stopped working.
    When I quickli swipe up from botton on the lock screen, I immediately get prompted the enter password box, without any animation. Curioslu when I take my time while swiping up (like really slowly moving my finger from bottom) I manage to show the animation.

Has anyone any clues of what might be causing this?

Also,the animation works without the password, the problem occurs just when I need to unlock with a password.

Thanks everyone for your interest.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 09:18 AM
    yes, this is a feature they added with the os 10.1 update. at os10.0.x, swiping up would always give you the curtain effect. Theyve decided to keep that curtain animation, but ONLY when u swipe up very slowly!

if you do this quick swipe up like you have described, you will be presented with the password field straight away. they purposely made it like this.

I assure you ur q10 is still working perfectly
    lactose likes this.
    05-22-13 09:52 AM
    Thank you for the clarification! I will surely be using CB forums more often to keep being updated :>

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 05:36 PM
    yeah same here its not happening the way it used to be I have slowly and very slowly but sometimes it worked sometimes it doesnt!!
    05-24-13 10:16 AM