I'd like to to do a complete OS wipe. Now I see that BlackBerry Link allows edit of backups of apps, settings and media but would like only contacts.

Reason...don't want to include OS settings because I feel some of it could be tied to some apps that may cause some of the rebooting issues I've been having lately. In doing a factory wipe, it will obviously update to my carrier's (Telus) 10.1 OS if needed and from there I will do the system settings like lighting contrast, custom ringtones etc...I would also then install CONTACTS from a backup. From that point , I would install apps (non of them are sideloaded) from BlackBerry Would /My World one at a time to see which might cause a random reboot after being installed after a day or two.

Again...when doing all of this,having just a Contact restore is crucial since I have over 100 contacts and re-entering that many numbers (work/home/mobile) wouldn't really be worth all this hassle.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 08:39 AM
    I'd like to to do a complete OS wipe. Now I see that BlackBerry Link allows edit of backups of apps, settings and media but would like only contacts.

Reason...don't want to include OS settings because I feel some of it could be tied to some apps that may cause some of the rebooting issues I've been having lately. In doing a factory wipe, it will obviously update to my carrier's (Telus) 10.1 OS if needed and from there I will do the system settings like lighting contrast, custom ringtones etc...I would also then install CONTACTS from a backup. From that point , I would install apps (non of them are sideloaded) from BlackBerry Would /My World one at a time to see which might cause a random reboot after being installed after a day or two.

Again...when doing all of this,having just a Contact restore is crucial since I have over 100 contacts and re-entering that many numbers (work/home/mobile) wouldn't really be worth all this hassle.

Posted via CB10

How about syncing them with an email acct and restore them from there?
    05-22-13 08:43 AM
    How about syncing them with an email acct and restore them from there?
    Thought about it, but when BlackBerry Link version 1.0 first came out...there was no syncing with MS Outlook so I instead started to use my Shaw Email (ISP provider) since it synced my calendar which I missed with BlackBerry Desktop Manager /Bold 9900 combo.

My Shaw account doesn't have contacts attached but I might see if your suggestion should help. But again...it's the whole trial and error thing unlike good 'ol BlackBerry Desktop Manager and full syncing with MS Outlook

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 08:52 AM
    I have them stored on my sim card and also synced with my Hotmail Account = Outlook Now and also synced with mu Gmail Account.

Just make an account with Hotmail or gmail and sync contacts.
    05-22-13 08:53 AM
    I have them stored on my sim card and also synced with my Hotmail Account = Outlook Now and also synced with mu Gmail Account.

Just make an account with Hotmail or gmail and sync contacts.
    So...with my PC or Mac, open up an outlook.com account. Once setup, add it to System settings >Accounts on my Z10?

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 09:02 AM
    Use google contacts, they sync to the cloud, add the google contacts account to your phone and they'll transfer automatically OTA. Then delete the account if you only wanna use it once,

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 12:41 PM
    Contact X is an app for sale in BlackBerry World that works great for backing up contacts to a micro sd card.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 12:43 PM
    Contact X is an app for sale in BlackBerry World that works great for backing up contacts to a micro sd card.

Posted via CB10
    does it remember the the 'linked' contacts too?
    05-22-13 12:44 PM
    Try PIM Backup and Restore. You can backup your calendar and the contacts independently.
    05-22-13 02:24 PM
    You can also do a full backup, open the bbb file in winrar and delete what you don't want, and restore, i THINK.
    05-22-13 02:49 PM
    does it remember the the 'linked' contacts too?
    I believe so. It has never lost any contacts for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 05:52 AM
    Depending on your carrier, they might have a "Backup Assistant" on their website (like Verizon).
    05-23-13 12:44 PM
    Office 365 should fix all email issues and backup contacts, emails, remember and calendar. You can send me an email if you want a trial and i will get one out to you. My company is a Microsoft Partner and can customize a package for you.

My email is: [email protected]
    You can also visit my website: www.dpc-solutions.com

This is not intended as spam. I just know how great this software is and that it will help you.

Posted from my Z10
    05-23-13 12:52 PM
    Just sync them to gmail account or a Hotmail account.
    05-23-13 12:59 PM
    hey, if you really just want the contacts restored and only contacts, you should try this app: intouchappcontacts

BlackBerry World - IntouchApp Contacts - Backup + Sync + Auto-update

i've tried it personally after wiping my device and it works just fine. all my contacts were transferred just fine. basically just download this app and back up your contacts. after that's done, go ahead and wipe your phone. once you're done wiping, download this app again and just restore contacts from the app.it might take a while but i got all my contacts back and the app is free as well. there is a similar free app called device switch, but that only works if you're coming from an iphone and android.
    intouchapp likes this.
    05-23-13 01:14 PM