Is there a setting to allow the BB Browser to access/open files online .................... rather than downloading & saving them to 'downloads' prior to opening????

EXAMPLE:
    If you click this link in a text message or email on an iphone http://db.tt/lzhmTmfc ..... the browser opens and allows you to view the spreadsheet within the browser (the file is not saved to the device).

If you click the same link on the Z10.... the browser opens and then the 'downloads' screen opens prompting you to "save" the file. Once saved, you can then open the file from the 'downloads' file list/menu. Once open ......... if you minimize the to active frame it shows you are in the browser. If you click the "back" button at the bottom you can back into the browswer window.

So............ if the browser can view the spreadsheet.......... is there a way for it to view the file by online access without the file downloading & saving the file to the Z10????????
    05-22-13 08:09 AM
    BTW ....... I also tried this on a Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket on jellybean. It works like the Z10. It saves the file to the device and then allows you to open it. I don't know if there is a setting that affects/changes this behavior or not.
    05-22-13 08:14 AM
    OK ...... this is what I tried. I uploaded an xl spreadsheet to:
    Dropbox
    Box
    Sugarsync
    Google Docs
    Skydrive

I generated public links for each and sent to my Z10 via text message and/or email.

The only one that would allow you to open the file without saving it to the Z10 was Skydrive. (Google docs did open the file without saving but the file did not render as a spreadsheet and email addresses were not hyperlinked/clickable).

Apparently the ability to open the file without saving is somewhat a function of the cloud service and/or the browser compatability with the specific cloud service. (I say this because the iphone was able to open the file from Dropbox without downloading.)

I may be missing something but this is what I found.
    05-22-13 07:55 PM