Ok, today I walked into an at&t store in NYC. It was the one in 228 Bleecker st in Greenwich Village. That's what happened:

First I wanna introduce myself. My name is Marco, I'm from Italy. Currently I live NYC for school, just to learn the language. I'm here for 6 month.

I use an Iphone and bought a prepaid sim card from at&t. So I walked into that store and wanted to recharge it. I had to wait a little bit because the guy had problems with the computer. So I was browsing around and the other rep was playing with something really beautiful! It was the Q10! I asked him if I could play with it and he was super friendly and said yes. What an awesome device! It just felt great in my hands. Then he started to show me everything. He knew the device very well and said that all the units ordered for the store are already sold and that people are starting to reconsider BB.
    He seemed to be very excited and told me that he's about to make the switch to BB again.

I was pleased by this happening and walked away. Made a left on carmine st and there were sitting tree (very cute) girls on the steps and two of them had a Z10! What BB-Day!!

Just wanted to share this story with u guys.

Cheers
    05-21-13 11:08 PM
    Thats awesome to hear, i always believed that Blackberry had it in them to get back into relevance in the global smartphone landscape. I couldnt restrain myself when the Z10 was released ,I had to buy it though i was a keyboard addict but didnt want to wait for as long to get the Q10. Just to let you know i live in Srilanka,

Hoping for more such news from blackberry uses in the community .

Regards,
    05-22-13 12:36 AM
    I really hope BlackBerry succeeds like crazy. This operating system is just amazing. Love how accurate and predictive the keyboard is on my z10. This is smartphone bliss. Plus I have all the apps I need with the Android sideloading option. Hope all the BlackBerry legacy users upgrade to the q10 when it comes out.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 01:51 AM
    ah yes. this is the store thats selling the Q10 for.. $1600! theyre an "authorized" at&t store....
    05-22-13 05:43 AM
    What is the significance of that? (not being sarcastic just curious as to your context)

Doctor Who Channel C000C1253
    05-22-13 05:50 AM
    Yes 1300 USD! Thats what he said. Thought that was a prerelase price for those who can't wait.. But anyway. The experience was good and for a customer with an Iphone walking into that store it IS a goodthing! I for myself will buy a Q10 and do the switch from an Iphone not only because of that experience but also because of that. I walked out and had a desire to use a BlackBerry! Not for 1300 dollars though..
    05-22-13 10:33 AM
    That's an awesome story! The love needs to be spread all over the US.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 10:44 AM
    I have both the z10 and the q10... I love both of those phones! I was a hardcore apple user after my horrible experience with my ex blackberry curve i swore i would never buy a bb again. I am a huge fan of the blackberry keyboard but the old software was too outdated i couldnt handle it. so when the z10 came out i went to the store to get the new iphone 5 when i noticed the z10 in the corner of my eye and i started playing around with it. I was amazed at how far blackberry came with their software i took my 699.00 and purchased the z10. i loved that phone so much that when they announced the q10 was coming i had to buy that too. I wish more people could experience the z10 or q10.. i think that a lot of people would make the switch. i know i did, and i couldnt be without my q10 now
    jrdba likes this.
    05-22-13 11:20 AM
    What is the significance of that? (not being sarcastic just curious as to your context)

Doctor Who Channel C000C1253
    By authorized dealer he means they are not actually a corporate store it's a stand alone shop that contracts with ATT and possibly other carriers (or could be just ATT). From what we can tell they are importing Canadian Q10s and selling for a massive profit. That's why all of the phones are "sold" even though ATT isn't doing a preorder. They are unlocked phones running on ATT SIM.
    theclipart likes this.
    05-22-13 02:48 PM