Hey fellow Aussies, I thought this would be a good idea to give Optus customers a place to post if we have similar issues or concerns, or just general queries.

I don't work for optus so this is not official, they are my telco provider it would be good to see what feedback we have all been getting.

Thanks and all the best

CO
    nova_8 and 11pts like this.
    05-21-13 04:23 PM
    10.1.0.273 just pushed for me on Optus this morning. Updated this morning and everything seems to work well

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 05:35 PM
    10.1.0.273 just pushed for me on Optus this morning. Updated this morning and everything seems to work well

Posted via CB10
    Hi thanks for the update, I am running a leak so it will not show for me but I am sure others on this forum will be appreciative of the feedback and i know many have been looking forward to the update arriving.
    05-21-13 06:07 PM
    UPDATE

Z10 on leak 2342, seems to have rectified the random rebooting for me, no sms mms issues network or call issues.

If you are suffering from reboots and are comfortable with leaks please try this one and report back.

I think it is important we give feedback to BB even if it is a leak as they may push the official OS out faster if there is a resolution.

Thanks

CO
    05-28-13 04:22 PM
    Z10 on Optus, running .2342 in Melbourne.

Everything is running very nice. I have only the one feature that I miss from my 9800, and that is the 2-way data indicator in the top right. It's particularly useful when your Wireless signal is weak. I sometimes have wireless signal problems in a certain small room in my house, and I know to turn Wireless off and run on the 3G instead when my little data indicator is sending, and not receiving.
    05-28-13 08:32 PM
    I am use telstra not yet officially get update for the latest version still 10.1.0.273..

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 01:33 AM
    2342 is a leak os so will not be pushed you'll need to download the auto loader but unless you are experienced or a tech person I wouldn't update

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CRACKBERRY_OZ; 06-02-13 at 04:15 PM.
    06-02-13 06:18 AM
    10.1.0.4160 now available on Optus go to setting and then software update to download, otherwise wait for the hub notification

All the Best

CO
    07-29-13 04:31 PM
    I'm running leaked .4543 so I guess no MR update for me, but this version works a charm though

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 05:38 PM
    11PTS i do find these leaks to have been excellent, I held off after my reboot issue was rectified and decided to go with the OEM push rather than leaks to each their own but I agree the leaks have to date been fantastic, Kris and LBFE have done a great job on them.

Keep the forum in the loop on how you have found them if you keep going the leak route.

all the best

CO
    07-30-13 03:04 AM
    11PTS i do find these leaks to have been excellent, I held off after my reboot issue was rectified and decided to go with the OEM push rather than leaks to each their own but I agree the leaks have to date been fantastic, Kris and LBFE have done a great job on them.

Keep the forum in the loop on how you have found them if you keep going the leak route.

all the best

CO
    Will do! Just a bit annoying because recovering from back ups don't work well with leaks so having to re download and organise everything is a pain

I think I'll stick with this leak until a fully usable 10.2 comes out.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 03:14 AM
    Hey guys!

Great to see a Aussie group on here!
    Unfortunately my z10 is on the shelf until 10.2 comes along! The reboots were insane. Even with 10.1 installed. So much so Optus let me keep the zed and gave me a galaxy s4.

Kudos to Optus for this. Considering I have been with them for almost 15 years. Great customer service.

Now on the android I am massively missing bb10. But it was almost unuseable. I need a reliable connection.

Look forward to hearing what this thread throws up in the future!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-30-13 04:08 AM
    Hey guys!

Unfortunately my z10 is on the shelf until 10.2 comes along! The reboots were insane. Even with 10.1 installed. So much so Optus let me keep the zed and gave me a galaxy s4.

Kudos to Optus for this. Considering I have been with them for almost 15 years. Great customer service.

Now on the android I am massively missing bb10. But it was almost unuseable. I need a reliable connection.

The latest Optus update should fix the reboot issue, otherwise install any other leak .4xxx onwards

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 08:30 AM
    The latest Optus update should fix the reboot issue, otherwise install any other leak .4xxx onwards

Posted via CB10
    I actually have had two z10. The first rebooted constantly. The Optus update only slowed them. Then the phone completely died. Would not power on.

The phone was sent to Optus and I got a completely new z10. I promptly updated this new z10 to the latest software. I did not do a restore of any kind from the previous phone. Yet it was still rebooting. Even during a phone call.

I'm a medical professional not a IT guru. I enjoy tech but would have no idea how to install a leaked os.. I just need my phone to work.

Like I say. I will try again with the next update. Shame I had already given away my 9900!

07-30-13 04:10 PM
    Z 10 with Telstra here still 10.1.0.273... when will be update? :-(

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 07:13 PM
    I'm with Telstra as well and am still waiting for it...

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 07:20 PM
    Hey guys!

I had the same issue 10.1.0.20xx seems to have fixed the issue try the latest update it should rectify your reboot issue.

Best Wishes

CO
    07-31-13 04:31 PM
    Also with Telstra and no update!

Posted via Z10
    08-02-13 10:02 AM
    Hey guys

Got the.4xxx update yesterday on Optus.

Will see how it goes. Install was seamless. No reboots overnight which is a great sign so far!

08-02-13 10:06 PM
    Anyone considering installing the new 10.2 leak? I'm thinking of taking the plunge.. sounds like a big step up

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 11:35 PM
    I would not know where to start!

I meant to ask. How successful is side loading the Anz android app or other banking apps??

08-03-13 01:50 AM
    For all us Telstra users, just purchase an Optus sim for $2 put it in your Z10 and download the update from Settings, Software Updates. Turn off phone insert Telstra sim and good to go. All fine at this end.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 02:10 AM
    Telstra will be testing the MR update soon and we can expect it to be pushed out mid August. See their cloud support site for software update info.
    08-03-13 03:23 AM
    Anyone considering installing the new 10.2 leak? I'm thinking of taking the plunge.. sounds like a big step up

Posted via CB10
    The 10.2 software leak is meant to be quite stable but remember it is a leak so your phone may do strange things.... As long as you have the knowledge and skills to go backwards then there should be no problem i would suggest grabbing an old leak of 10.1 also just in case. It allows to to load on the older software in case of a major failure and thus rebuild your phone.

Also when installing a leak you need to be aware that you will need to reset you entire phone email accounts, programs everything.

That's why I stopped after i found the leak that fixed my reboots(it fixed everyone's but i am speaking from a personal nature)

Hope this helps.
    08-04-13 04:15 PM
    I would not know where to start!

I meant to ask. How successful is side loading the Anz android app or other banking apps??

Griff,

The sideload process is really easy the issue is transcribing the android file into a .BAR file so the BB can utilise it. I have tried a few times but I have not been successful with the conversion I think that has to do more with my limitations than the software.

There are some awesome tech gurus on here, if you can provide them the file then they may be able to get it to work.

I have been thinking for awhile of campaigning for Aussie blackberry users and requesting that BB AUS start doing this.

Would love the support of this forum If you guys want it I will ramp it up but we need numbers.

Thanks

CO

PS if you have the file I can talk you through the sideload process.
    Last edited by CRACKBERRY_OZ; 08-04-13 at 04:19 PM. Reason: update additional support
    08-04-13 04:18 PM
48 12