I am not being able to take backup of my Z10 using BlackBerry Link since the time I updated the OS to 10.1. 0.273. Anyone having the same issue? Any work around? Please help.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 11:56 AM
    I am not being able to take backup of my Z10 using BlackBerry Link since the time I updated the OS to 10.1. 0.273. Anyone having the same issue? Any work around? Please help.

Posted via CB10
    Is there some error message? Is your workstation using any vpn software to connect to a corporate network?

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.1.0.1880)
    05-21-13 12:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    What is your BlackBerry Link software? I am not having any problems.

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.1.0.273 on Rogers
    05-21-13 12:03 PM
    No error message as such except for the fact that the backup option is disabled (grey instead of white) . I have a VPN client that I use at times to connect to my corporate network. However this was installed long before the OS update and the backup option used to work fine with previous OS.

The BlackBerry Link software version that I am using is 1.1.0.37

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 12:50 PM
    I have the same issue, it's also not "finding" my phone when I try and enable the remote files option, comes with a message that it may be a problem with BB servers
    05-21-13 01:21 PM
    No error message as such except for the fact that the backup option is disabled (grey instead of white) . I have a VPN client that I use at times to connect to my corporate network. However this was installed long before the OS update and the backup option used to work fine with previous OS.

The BlackBerry Link software version that I am using is 1.1.0.37

Posted via CB10
    Same version of Link I use. Must have something to do with the VPN. I can't use BlackBerry Link at work for backups though, due to the corporate firewall.

05-21-13 02:34 PM
    Hi,
    I had the same problem coming from the leak Nd going to the official 10.1. But wasn't a problem for me because of the wireless sync.
    05-21-13 03:04 PM
    If you are connected to vpn, normally corporate policy enforces ALL traffic to route through their network. BlackBerry Link uses a network connection for some of the architecture, and I think that kills the drive mounts and BlackBerry Link. Turn of vpn, then reattach your handset vis usb. You should then see your drives show up in My Computer and the Link will properly work.

05-21-13 07:07 PM
    This have nothing to do VPN I'm having the same issue with B-link.
    B-Link got to be the most useless piece of **** BlackBerry have ever come with......and that's keeping REAL.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 07:15 PM
    This have nothing to do VPN I'm having the same issue with B-link.
    B-Link got to be the most useless piece of **** BlackBerry have ever come with......and that's keeping REAL.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome. Thanks for your rant on your vague situation.

05-21-13 07:30 PM
    I had the same issue. Using AVG internet protection. Turn off fire wall and BBlink connects without issue and back up does not fail. If worried, disconnect from internet for few minutes firewall off and then reconnect after backup done.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 07:46 PM
    I had the same issue. Using AVG internet protection. Turn off fire wall and BBlink connects without issue and back up does not fail. If worried, disconnect from internet for few minutes firewall off and then reconnect after backup done.

Posted via CB10
    I think firewalls whether they are corporate or personal play more in this issue. Thank you Remrose.

05-21-13 07:48 PM
    Awesome. Thanks for your rant on your vague situation.

This is really a big joke what BlackBerry is doing to us, we support them by buying their products and they can't even sort out the issues we are having. I'm not satisfied or are I'm happy with BlackBerry of late, I thought that I was making the right decision by supporting them hoping that things would get better but I'm really regretting coming back to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Homesmontreal likes this.
    05-21-13 08:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have the same problem after instaling 10.1. I tried turning off the fire wall in McAfee, but no change for me, still not seeing back up in Link as available (grey)??
    05-21-13 08:29 PM
    I have the same problem after instaling 10.1. I tried turning off the fire wall in McAfee, but no change for me, still not seeing back up in Link as available (grey)??
    If you don't see your internal storage in my computer, it isn't going to back up or sync anything. It is either related to vpn or local firewall. After correcting the network issue, you then have to reconnect.

05-21-13 08:55 PM
    I do see the storage on My Computer and can access it but no luck with backing up the device with BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 02:50 AM
    I do see the storage on My Computer and can access it but no luck with backing up the device with BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    You are simply out of luck mate, join the club.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 03:28 AM
    Despite the glitches I am facing, Z10 is any day the coolest touchscreen device around and I will not trade it for any of the iPhones or the Galaxies in the world. The forum needs to be used constructively rather ranting out your feelings. I will definitely figure out a way to back up my device. Thanks for your suggestion.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-22-13 04:04 AM
    This is really a big joke what BlackBerry is doing to us, we support them by buying their products and they can't even sort out the issues we are having. I'm not satisfied or are I'm happy with BlackBerry of late, I thought that I was making the right decision by supporting them hoping that things would get better but I'm really regretting coming back to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    The lack of support is mind blowing.. No remote search makes me wonder what's the point of having a Blackberry..
    05-22-13 09:11 AM
    Is everyone that is having issues with link backups, able to login to their BB ID in link? If you can't login you can't backup.

For those that are complaining about the software, have you posted in the BlackBerry forums or searched the BlackBerry KB? I had a problem with contact importing from Outlook that I posted about in the BlackBerry forums and in the next release of Link it was fixed. Just saying that whining about nonspecific problems here won't get your issues resolved by BlackBerry.

I am trying to help the OP as best I can and my suggestions are getting buried by whining posts.

Mecca EL likes this.
    05-22-13 09:41 AM
    Despite the glitches I am facing, Z10 is any day the coolest touchscreen device around and I will not trade it for any of the iPhones or the Galaxies in the world. The forum needs to be used constructively rather ranting out your feelings. I will definitely figure out a way to back up my device. Thanks for your suggestion.

Posted via CB10
    Saucy10,

Do you have a SD card in your device? If so, take it out and see if the backup works.

If you also have set a device password, remove it to see if that makes a difference.

05-22-13 09:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    What computer operating system are you using?
    Do you currently have BlackBerry Desktop Manager installed, if so uninstall it.
    If you are using Windows, go into the Task Manager, and END any RIM or BlackBerry tasks running - you don't have to unplug your phone from the usb connection - restart BBLink. It should fully connect at this point.
    In settings>Storage and Access, make sure you do NOT have "Access using wifi" and "USB Mass Storage" modes active.
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-22-13 09:56 AM
    You know what I tried everything and nothing worked and then I just reinstalled my BlackBerry Link software and I did manage to back up my device. Sometimes we miss the simplest tricks. But thanks for the help guys... really appreciate it!!

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 05:45 AM
    You know what I tried everything and nothing worked and then I just reinstalled my BlackBerry Link software and I did manage to back up my device. Sometimes we miss the simplest tricks. But thanks for the help guys... really appreciate it!!

Posted via CB10
    Glad you finally got it to work. :-)

05-23-13 06:00 AM