Just got my Q10 the other day and I've got some questions that I'm hoping someone could help me with:

1) Is there a way to shuffle a song after searching for it? For example, I'll search "Money Trees" and then click on it in the music application. Once it plays, it automatically goes to the album that it's stored in and plays that after the first song. On the 9900, it would automatically go shuffle all songs afterwards.

2) Hold up volume to change songs - this has met its demise in BB10?

3) Camera - no touch to focus? don't get me wrong, I love the new camera, but I'd like to be able to focus on something that isn't directly in the middle of my screen

4) Any good games? Just bought NFS Undercover but I haven't played it too much

5) I hear no landscape mode, but would really like it for videos or anything similar (Youtube, maybe even web browsing). Any 3rd party apps, or further maybe in the future?

Gotta say though, from anyone coming from the 9900 or who've held out since the 9000, this is the best BB I've ever owned. The keyboard is fabulous. Excel, Word, etc. all work great. I'm a huge fan.

Thanks!
    J_R_TheMotorMan likes this.
    05-21-13 11:33 AM
    5) I hear no landscape mode, but would really like it for videos or anything similar (Youtube, maybe even web browsing). Any 3rd party apps, or further maybe in the future?
    The screen has a 1:1 ratio, I don't think there is any benefit for having landscape mode on your Q10.

Great to read you are liking your Q10.. I cannot wait until I get my hands on one..
    05-21-13 11:41 AM
    I'll try to answer what I can.

2) Hold up volume to change songs - this has met its demise in BB10?
    Go to Settings, Main Volume, and turn on Music Shortcuts.

3) Camera - no touch to focus? don't get me wrong, I love the new camera, but I'd like to be able to focus on something that isn't directly in the middle of my screen
    Drag the focus box to what you want the camera to focus on. It doesn't have to be in the centre of your screen.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    05-21-13 11:47 AM
    BigAssBitchin: didn't think I'd need it, as I knew about the landscape issue before buying it. But I just find watching YouTube videos, it'd be better landscape resolution-wise.

CanadaPanda: you're awesome. Thanks.
    05-21-13 05:38 PM
    BigAssBitchin: didn't think I'd need it, as I knew about the landscape issue before buying it. But I just find watching YouTube videos, it'd be better landscape resolution-wise.

CanadaPanda: you're awesome. Thanks.
    I'm just confused, this screen is square, physically and resolutionary (like my new word?)

Or do you mean you prefer holding it that way just for ergonomics?

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 05:42 PM
    I always feel like I would be more likely to drop the phone holding it sideways, and since you gain nothing from it seems like it would be a waste IMHO
    05-21-13 05:51 PM
    I'll try to clarify. If I'm watching YouTube on the phone in HD or whatever, I get two big black boxes on the top and bottom. It seems like using it sideways, closer to the 16:9 resolution that most HD Youtube videos are, it might be better.

Note: I have yet to use the YouTube app, I've only used the mobile site.
    05-21-13 07:20 PM
    It isn't really an app though. Just a link to the mobile site
    05-21-13 07:34 PM
    I'll try to clarify. If I'm watching YouTube on the phone in HD or whatever, I get two big black boxes on the top and bottom. It seems like using it sideways, closer to the 16:9 resolution that most HD Youtube videos are, it might be better.

Using it sideways is not any closer to 16:9. This screen is 1:1, 720 pixels on all sides. A perfect square.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    05-21-13 10:00 PM
    What they mean in short words is that it would be exactly the same thing

Posted via CB10
    KDB84 and OldSkoolVWLover like this.
    05-22-13 02:24 AM
    R.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 03:04 AM