I have unknown picture folder which i cannot delete. the folder is empty as when i open it there are no pictures in it. it was created by Tumblr. Is there a way to delete it ?
    05-21-13 09:12 AM
    Try to delete it from the PC after you connected your phone.
    05-21-13 09:13 AM
    I have the same problem. The thing is when I go to file manager, that unknown folder isn't there. I only see it in the photos section
    05-21-13 09:30 AM
    Try to delete it from the PC after you connected your phone.
    it does not show any pictures. blackberry link does not show pictures,pc does not show pictures, file manager does not show pictures only z10 does.
    05-21-13 09:34 AM
    I've had that happen as well. You can remove the file folder via Link. I'm not at my computer, but it where you can designate what picture file folders you link to in settings.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 09:41 AM
    I had the same issue and it was kind of annoying. I upgraded to latest 10.1 and it went away...

I am sure there are easier ways to get rid of the folder and what 'ynotbme' said should work.
    05-21-13 03:13 PM
    I've had that happen as well. You can remove the file folder via Link. I'm not at my computer, but it where you can designate what picture file folders you link to in settings.

Posted via CB10
    can you be more specific please ? i did connect my computer to the phone but link sees no pictures.
    05-21-13 05:19 PM
    If it is on your sd card you may have to reformat the card. I had this happen with some other apps where certain things archived into hidden file settings. Back up your files manually, reformat the card and you should be good to go in a few minutes.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 05:22 PM
    If it is on your sd card you may have to reformat the card. I had this happen with some other apps where certain things archived into hidden file settings. Back up your files manually, reformat the card and you should be good to go in a few minutes.

Posted via CB10
    this is not on sd card. it is on the phone. when i remove sd card this empty picture folders stays. it does not go away.
    05-21-13 07:43 PM
    Not sure what is going on with your scenario. Sounds like the app is populating part of the hidden file system. Wish I could be of more help other than suggesting a security wipe which can be a pain in the arse if you have a lot of apps, particularly of the sideloaded variety.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 08:20 PM
    When in link go to the z10 tab. Click on pictures, you will see a drop down under all pictures. When you see the folder you want to delete, right click on it and choose delete. That's where mine was showing up.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 09:57 PM
    Not sure what is going on with your scenario. Sounds like the app is populating part of the hidden file system. Wish I could be of more help other than suggesting a security wipe which can be a pain in the arse if you have a lot of apps, particularly of the sideloaded variety.

Posted via CB10
    Security wipe is not an option. Too much hassle. Where do i get ota file for latest official os update. I am thinking to do os update same version on the top of same version

When in link go to the z10 tab. Click on pictures, you will see a drop down under all pictures. When you see the folder you want to delete, right click on it and choose delete. That's where mine was showing up.

Posted via CB10
    This folder does not show up

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    05-22-13 02:19 AM
    Im having the same problem with the "unknown" folder in my pictures. have you found a solution to this annoying problem?
    05-30-13 03:06 PM
    any news on how to delete this unknown folder?its really annoying,tried finding the folder with task manager but i couldn't find it..
    06-18-13 09:32 PM
    have any solution yet anyone ?
    06-21-13 11:02 PM
    Happening to me as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 11:52 PM
    I would still suggest a security wipe and maybe a reinstall of os if necessary. And if it is due to tumblr like the op, use a restore point before that app was installed.

The wipe doesn't take long, but do a backup first to be safe.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 12:06 AM
    better solution, RIM fixes this piece of crap phone, god i hate this thing and unfortauntely 1 year 8 months to go until my next upgrade and i will NOT be getting another bb piece of garbage, no wonder why everyones going to iphones ive had this stupid album stuck on my phone for weeks too, i am not wiping it, i have done that way too many times for other ridiculous issues that should never have been an issue in the first place.. FU RIM!
    08-09-13 02:37 PM
    The kindle app was the culprit for me. It was loading 8 pictures that kindle was using from an Android directory to provide backgrounds. The directory could not be removed in any fashion. A software update solved the issue for me.
    King Kandy likes this.
    08-09-13 04:15 PM
    Im on the same boat....looks like most of the pictures found on this folder are pics from android apps...looking for a solution as well
    08-09-13 09:48 PM
    The Unknown Folder is created in the SD Card itself. Copy the full content of the SD card in a computer, format the SD Card(from Mobile Settings Option) and copy back the content to SD card again. And Voila!!
    08-15-13 05:28 AM
    There isnt any solution for this problme. Ive got it too... just reinstalled everything, after installing some apps and connecting over link the unknown folder shows up again.

http://www.z10case.com/2013/05/canno...z10-phone.html
    Last edited by citizenbishop; 10-01-13 at 06:40 AM.
    10-01-13 06:28 AM
    Check the folder permissions

Posted with my z10 using crackberry
    10-01-13 03:07 PM
    I had an issue with a folder that I couldn't add or delete files from and I couldn't delete the folder either but was solved by changing the folder permissions.....if that's what it's called

10-01-13 03:10 PM
    I had an issue with a folder that I couldn't add or delete files from and I couldn't delete the folder either but was solved by changing the folder permissions.....if that's what it's called

Topshot, are you talkin about the folderpermission over Windows? Or is there an tool to change permissions? Btw, the unknown folder doesnt show up in Explorer either.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 12:48 PM
33 12