I have over 50 people in my office waiting for a green led to return so we can be productive again. Please blackberry (or Kevins influence) we need this back, there is no getting around this one feature that makes blackberry better then the competitors. Please give us the business phone we thought we had purchased

Posted via CB10
    2 Phonez likes this.
    05-20-13 04:30 PM
    I don't get the value of a green flashing light which we says you have coverage. Maybe since I never out of coverage?

Posted via CB10
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    05-20-13 04:42 PM
    I agree with Bdot. Having the constant flashing LED was one of the things that made a blackberry stand out and be unique! Seeing the LED color change to red meant it was time to take action! Even my iSheep better(?) half wishes he had it. Now, I have to unlock/wake up my phone to see what I've missed, or buy an app (which I have) just to get that functionality back. :SIGH:.
    05-20-13 04:46 PM
    I want the Green Led on my Z10 also, it has been a BlackBerry feature that I always liked about my previous BlackBerry's.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 04:48 PM
    The red light still flashes when something comes in. What does the green light tell you?

Posted via CB10
    dad2bandm and HUNTZODIAC like this.
    05-20-13 04:52 PM
    I don't see a correlation between Green LED and productivity at all...please explain how 50 people decide to slack off due the absence of a Green Light...

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 04:54 PM
    I don't see a correlation between Green LED and productivity at all...please explain how 50 people decide to slack off due the absence of a Green Light...

Posted via CB10
    This has been covered many times. I will be nice to you though since your ignorance outshines your thread responses.

1)Most office towers, basements, trains, subways, remote areas outside of any major city have little to no cell coverage. Millions of blackberry owners work in those environments mainly office buildings. Above the 40th floor you need to keep your phone on the window ledge to be assured you have two bars of coverage and not miss that important call. The green led allows me to keep my phone at my desk and not on the window sill with everyone else's phone.

2)When I'm driving in Northern Ontario there is spotty coverage in around the hills and valleys. The green led tells me when I should pull over and make that call.

3)Helps me find my phone in a dark room without waking my gf up at 5am when I leave for work.

Have I changed your mind?

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL, jdhooghe and 2 Phonez like this.
    05-20-13 05:28 PM
    3)Helps me find my phone in a dark room without waking my gf up at 5am when I leave for work.
    Lol wow.
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    05-20-13 05:32 PM
    Sounds beat. Hopefully it's optional because a flashing led to tell me nothing, would be annoying. I would rather have green tell me I missed a call or something.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 05:33 PM
    When BlackBerry Protect is enabled it actually notifies you when you have crappy coverage and can't connect to the Protect servers. It's no green light but it does work as a coverage indicator. It won't help you with your GF though, lol. Personally, I never used the green light and always thought it was a bit stupid since I always have coverage or WiFi.
    05-20-13 05:34 PM
    Whether you use it or not it doesn't hurt you to be an option so that those who want to enable it can.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 05:46 PM
    BeBuzz pro is what you need.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Spawn12 and pfluger like this.
    05-20-13 05:58 PM
    This has been covered many times. I will be nice to you though since your ignorance outshines your thread responses.

Posted via CB10
    Priceless.

Posted via CB10
    Essoo likes this.
    05-20-13 06:01 PM
    Lol wow.
    So you really ignored everything else I said and focused on the one aspect that glorifies your way of thinking and what you consider important or not. I'm not understanding your contribution to this thread other then a "look at me" response

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 06:20 PM

It's a bandaid to a problem. As much as I would love to pay $3 for something that should had come with my $700 phone, Bebuzz won't work right now without headless apps. I have too many apps opening and closing for it to stay in the 8 active. Therefore it's not reliable for business purposes at this time.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 06:25 PM
    Just have your gf text or bbm/whatsapp you every 30min so you know you have coverage.

Problem solved

/end thread

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 07:05 PM

1)Most office towers, basements, trains, subways, remote areas outside of any major city have little to no cell coverage. Millions of blackberry owners work in those environments mainly office buildings. Above the 40th floor you need to keep your phone on the window ledge to be assured you have two bars of coverage and not miss that important call. The green led allows me to keep my phone at my desk and not on the window sill with everyone else's phone.

Have I changed your mind?

Posted via CB10

No. Forward your cell to your office land line when you walk in. That way you miss no incoming calls...problem solved. I've been doing this for 15 years. But in all fairness I'm probably not as important as you in the grand scheme of things.

Posted via CB10
    tommo7788 and anon5814103 like this.
    05-20-13 07:12 PM
    I miss the green led as well. And for those of you complaining about it there was always an option to disable it. Why do you even care?

Posted via CB10
    2 Phonez likes this.
    05-20-13 07:27 PM

Bebuzz pro works but I have to keep it open as an active frame. Why should I have to pay for something that used to be free on earlier devices?

Posted via CB10
    2 Phonez likes this.
    05-20-13 07:30 PM
    I agree. The LED was nice when you work in a building made of all metal. It allowed me to place my phone a certain way to get service without always having to turn the screen on to check.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 07:41 PM
    Hub++

Set your email to green led and let it flash when email comes in, of no network then no flashing, well unless you did not check your email yet it will continue to flash until you check email or unlock device if password protected.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 07:47 PM
    Another thing you could do is open BlackBerry maps and set a route up and then no network it not track you.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 07:48 PM
    When BlackBerry Protect is enabled it actually notifies you when you have crappy coverage and can't connect to the Protect servers. It's no green light but it does work as a coverage indicator. It won't help you with your GF though, lol. Personally, I never used the green light and always thought it was a bit stupid since I always have coverage or WiFi.
    I totally agree with you B1aze

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    05-20-13 07:59 PM
    I want this on both my Z10 and Q10 - I miss it.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    2 Phonez likes this.
    05-20-13 08:01 PM
    I used to think the green light was pointless.

*Used* to.

Thanks Bdot-1.
    05-20-13 08:08 PM
39 12