Side load Netflix and keep it moving! Works just fine.
    05-20-13 09:31 AM
    05-20-13 09:54 AM
    I have netflix on my z10,runs pretty well

Posted via CB10
    JimmyGrymez likes this.
    05-20-13 10:04 AM
    What an *****. Clearly he doesn't know what he is talking about.

Yes BB10 is new but has he even tried it? This new OS has multimedia written all over it. Best mix of productivity + play.

Grrrr!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 10:05 AM
    Netflix sucks anyway...

EDIT:

I dont know why people like it?

I sideloaded it onto my Z10 and have never even opened it...
    05-20-13 10:06 AM
    Typical tbough "It is no good for entertainment, I have not used it but....."

He is clueless. Oh well, just sideload the app it works fine.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 10:10 AM
    "It's a great device for getting work done but people don't interact with it as an entertainment device the same way they do with say an iPhone or Android phone."

And he makes this statement immediately after saying he hasn't tried a BlackBerry 10 device? How fantastically ignorant. I'm glad he doesn't have any of my money.
    05-20-13 10:10 AM
    The CEO says he hasn't tried BlackBerry 10 but he is quick to make a judgment. *****.

Posted via CB10
    Kamika007z likes this.
    05-20-13 10:11 AM
    Netflix sucks anyway...

EDIT:

I dont know why people like it?

I sideloaded it onto my Z10 and have never even opened it...
    Just a bit more than a movie rental per month, and you have unlimited consumption. Sure, the content can be a little mixed, but I find I at least get a good few movies and TV episodes in per month, well worth the cost. Unless you're of a mind where you have to watch the absolute latest and greatest, there's lots of appeal. Plenty of shows and movies I've never seen; AKA, new to me anyway. To each his own.
    05-20-13 10:12 AM
    Well **** you too.

I hope RedBox puts you out of business.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    05-20-13 10:19 AM
    Imagine... Netflix sees itself as a major player but a decision to spurn BlackBerry is due to the CEO's personal opinion of the device.

Some of these 'business oriented' BlackBerry users spend time in airports, hotels and other places away from from their PVR and would jump all over a Netflix app if it were available. (I sideloaded it, but native is better.)

People used to accuse the former executives at RIM of being nearsighted too, and look what happened there.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    05-20-13 10:20 AM
    It's mostly just USA supporting them.
    The programs available to Canadians are so limited, I don't think many people use it
    So just boycott them, then problem solved
    05-20-13 10:22 AM
    Well **** you too.

Sadly there aren't many viable alternatives outside the US.
    distributor1 likes this.
    05-20-13 10:29 AM
    Side load Netflix and keep it moving! Works just fine.
    05-20-13 10:32 AM
    If it's not on BB10 yet just side load it. Works great for me. Can't wait for a Bank of America and HBO side load app!!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 10:35 AM
    I cancelled my Netflix a while back because of lack of support for BB and I bumped into Amazon Prime. Why would anyone get Netflix when you can get Amazon Prime with free shipping for less. The video selection is huge and Amazon has supported BB10 with the Kindle app.
    Frankly, with the new movies on BB World it is just not as big a deal. If you MUST have Netflix you must not know how to add because the Amazon Prime deal is just way better. I don't watch much movies anyway but with so many options there is no way I'm supporting Netflix. Try Amazon Prime free for 30 days and see what you think.
    trynacu2 likes this.
    05-20-13 10:40 AM
    It's about as short sighted as people I meet who say 'well, I used a BlackBerry 8 years ago and didn't like it.' Do you not think things just maybe have changed? I guess ignorance is bliss?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 10:41 AM
    Netflix is only good for Long TV Series, and Documentaries. All the movies on their for the most part are knockoffs that couldnt make it to the big scene. Ya, all the movies on their new to me also, thats because I have never heard of them before. Just saying, there are other websites to get desired entertainment, and its free!
    Just a bit more than a movie rental per month, and you have unlimited consumption. Sure, the content can be a little mixed, but I find I at least get a good few movies and TV episodes in per month, well worth the cost. Unless you're of a mind where you have to watch the absolute latest and greatest, there's lots of appeal. Plenty of shows and movies I've never seen; AKA, new to me anyway. To each his own.
    05-20-13 10:44 AM
    Well **** you too.

I had to log in just to click on "Like" and "Thanks". Best post in a while... Good one ErinnM. Simple and to the point.

Just as TigerTek said... he hasn't tried BB10 and he's quick to judge. What a clown.
    05-20-13 10:53 AM
    Here sideload Netflix app for Z10. It work nice! netflix - Download - 4shared - Miguel Omar
    05-20-13 10:53 AM
    It probably will come eventually when blackberry gets a bigger marker share. And it will.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 11:03 AM
    Does he even know that the Z10 and Q10 have HDMI outputs? iPhone doesn't. Samsung Galaxy Doesn't. Yet he thinks BB10 isn't for entertainment. What a fool?!
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    05-20-13 11:32 AM
    He clearly has the old BlackBerry mentality.

Now we know why Netflix has been ignoring BlackBerry 10, when someone shows him BlackBerry 10 he'll surely support it.

Sounds exactly like the guy in a local Tmobile store, he said, that's more for business, I said, not this one... and he said, we'll that's my opinion.

That guy poll just took the training and he never looked at the phone again.
    Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 12:09 PM
    Netflix is only good for Long TV Series, and Documentaries. All the movies on their for the most part are knockoffs that couldnt make it to the big scene. Ya, all the movies on their new to me also, thats because I have never heard of them before. Just saying, there are other websites to get desired entertainment, and its free!
    I don't know if I'd say that. I'd put it that a lot of the movies they have had their day. There's quite a bit of decent cinema in there, renting them piecemeal would be far more expensive than a year's subscription. Heck, one month, I got to do a Star Trek movie marathon over a weekend. That would have been 6 months worth of Netflix subscription, right there... then again, there are days it's impossible to find something you want to watch. Not saying I disagree completely, so don't get me wrong... but you had said you weren't sure why people would subscribe earlier.
    05-20-13 12:18 PM
    He clearly has the old BlackBerry mentality.

Now we know why Netflix has been ignoring BlackBerry 10, when someone shows him BlackBerry 10 he'll surely support it.

Sounds exactly like the guy in a local Tmobile store, he said, that's more for business, I said, not this one... and he said, we'll that's my opinion.

That guy poll just took the training and he never looked at the phone again.
    Posted via CB10
    He'll come around. He's not completely wrong. "New" blackberry is way too young for someone in his position to outright dismiss "old" blackberry. Given time, he'll change his tune.

I think one of the things biting BB in the foot is the multiple form factors(not just for Netflix, in general). It's hard to deliver a compelling, consistent experience when one screen is 2y by x, and the next is y by x. It's not something (for the most part) that iPhone and Android developers have to contend with.
    Douken likes this.
    05-20-13 12:21 PM
93 123 ...