Nothing like they lead it to be, crazy slow, not personable, can't complete some simple tasks and if it can it is unbelievably slow. Very disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 09:10 AM
    Nothing like they lead it to be, crazy slow, not personable, can't complete some simple tasks and if it can it is unbelievably slow. Very disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    I dont even know what the app is but the most important part of your post is the face it is a BETA maybe you need to relax a little...complain if it is the same way when it is in full release
    05-18-13 09:13 AM
    It's an app that is advertised to be better than Siri, in every way. It was also promised to be released as a native app on the Z10 when it was released. That was months ago.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 09:18 AM
    It's an app that is advertised to be better than Siri, in every way. It was also promised to be released as a native app on the Z10 when it was released. That was months ago.

Posted via CB10
    And it wasnt released and it is still BETA so your complaints are premature

BTW welcome to the forums, pretty suspicious though that a person's first post is a complaint about a BETA app...kind of brings this image to mind

Viki- personal assistant beta out today FAIL-copyright-troll.jpg
    ESCON and lui22 like this.
    05-18-13 09:46 AM
    Haha, you are right, I have been lurking the site for some time just never posted. I felt strongly that Viki would help blackberry greatly to gain some ground in the phone market but now I don't see it. Viki was supposed to be in full release months ago but is just now in beta form and is horrible. It deserves a review.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    05-18-13 09:50 AM
    where is the beta ?
    05-18-13 09:54 AM
    Haha, you are right, I have been lurking the site for some time just never posted. I felt strongly that Viki would help blackberry greatly to gain some ground in the phone market but now I don't see it. Viki was supposed to be in full release months ago but is just now in beta form and is horrible. It deserves a review.

The facebook page for Viki clearly says it is Beta and not fully featured... I think the review of the app should primarily be given to the Devs of the app (that is why they let you Beta Test it).

Regardless of the originally scheduled release date, it was not ready then.
    05-18-13 09:59 AM
    where is the beta ?

according to their FB page you had to sign up for Beta testing awhile ago... I dont think it is available to sign up anymore
    05-18-13 10:00 AM
    The app is not just "Missing Features"

You can send them a Facebook message with your email to get the bar file sent to you, you then have to side load the app using DDPB

05-18-13 10:02 AM
    The app is not just "Missing Features"

You can send them a Facebook message with your email to get the bar file sent to you, you then have to side load the app using DDPB

Maybe not, but I think it would be more productive to send complaints about the app to the Devs rather than post it here
    05-18-13 10:04 AM
    I have given my review to them directly as well.

05-18-13 10:05 AM

So what's your point by posting this thread? Since this app is still in close beta testing stage.

Posted via CB10 on my zed10
    05-18-13 10:41 AM
    If you knew their history or had been following the development you would understand, promised so much and didn't deliver

05-18-13 10:42 AM
    If you knew their history or had been following the development you would understand, promised so much and didn't deliver

They're still in Beta version,
    And as other point it out, you created an account just to post this? Hmm..

Posted via CB10 on my zed10
    05-18-13 10:50 AM
    I had the account before it was released, this just happened to be the first thing I felt I should post about, if you want to try it leave your email and I'll forward the. bar file, they are giving it to anyone that messages them anyway

05-18-13 10:53 AM

The whole point youre missing is, one does not "review" beta software, one only puts it through its paces and reports ones findings to the devs. This thread is inappropriate.
    Now, I can appropriately review Siri and that Galaxy talking thing, I forget the name of it, my Note 2 is out of reach at the moment. Both are interesting, amusing, the respond well when they work at all, and for the most part both are pretty much useless.
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    05-18-13 10:56 AM

Nothing delivered yet, remember? Beta, remember? You'll get it eventually.
    05-18-13 10:59 AM
    To the folks posting here who didn't follow all the Viki news, go back and read through some of the previous forum posts.
    This company made wild claims and insinuations.
    Most of their wording on their site back months ago was basically to the tune that Viki will be native, baked into the OS and distributed with all Blackberrys. They basically made it sound like they were working with Blackberry to make this the official virtual assistant for BB10.

It's pretty obvious to anyone who used BB10 Alpha devices or just studied the Viki webpage for a few minutes that these claims were wild and unsubstantiated. But most people didn't pay close attention like that. They thought the claims were 100% true and held the company to this.

Viki is practically a running gag, and the people who didn't realize that are now quite upset when they realize that the app they were waiting for is a mess, and nothing like what it had claimed to be.
    05-18-13 11:11 AM
    05-18-13 11:14 AM
    And "this month" is officially over in 3...2...1...Viki = Vapourware. It really seems like they had nothing to begin with when they announced "coming soon" back in Feb.
    05-31-13 03:56 PM
    Put a fork in 'em, they're done.

Dang uppity kids..
    05-31-13 08:27 PM
    They made it so no one can write on their facebook wall, just 2 day's ago you could... They must be scared of what people will write.
    05-31-13 09:27 PM
    What's most interesting to me about this thread is the fact that if I go to the first page in the CB app on my phone, it crashes the app. This has never happened to me any other time.

As far as the actual topic, I really don't think anyone os surprised so far.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 04:28 AM
    Click on comment on their replies- you can still comment on their posts.
    06-01-13 08:20 AM
    It's an app that is advertised to be better than Siri, in every way.
    Really? Every single solitary way? Wow - must be quite an app! Can you show me the ads where they crow about its greatness? I must confess, I haven't really heard about it at all except a brief mention.

(Teasing you a bit cause of your sweeping statements)
    06-01-13 08:39 AM
36 12